Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
How many thieves does it take to pick a pocket?

PoE: three. one opens the door to the house, another stealths into carrying third thief, who has a skill to pick pockets.

thats why the dudes who tried to rob the archmage's house failed

they were only 2

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Do sidekicks have banters and interjections? Even the most anemic of BG2 party members had a handful of banters with other companions and some interjections during quests.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Lilura have you ever, in fact, played tabletop AD&D?

Yes, I have played AD&D 2nd Edition, D&D 3rd and Ars Magica. I have also DM'd 2nd and 3rd.

I'm not an expert but I have read my fair share of "literature" for several RPG systems/campaign settings (and the adventures in Dungeon Magazine).

Baldur's Gate doesn't count, no matter how much I tell myself it does. :(

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'd rather have Lilura DM me in a huge dungeon with a lot of combat than have someone explain to me what every patron in an inn is doing and following a nonsensical plot *cough* Obsidian *cough*.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
AD&D had wonderful settings, with incredible lore, and that made me spend hours and hours reading about those places and characters. To say that AD&D is only combat, is not to know the whole history that was created for these worlds.

Al-Qadim, Ravenloft, Planescape, Birthright, Dark Sun, Spelljammer ... even though they were often difficult to implement, they had excellent lore.

And, of course, a good storyteller can create a rpg campaign using even the worst settings.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Playing d&d is all about drinking and having a grand time with your mates. I DMed few games and most of the time people dick around in a imaginary world and have a laugh when something ridiculous succeeds or someone makes an epic fail. Combat is just another part of possible fails or successes. I never really cared much for the rule book,i take is a guidelines not rules,love creating my own rule with all the factions and laws. In my last game had for a first encounter bunch of rats with boss rat that could conjure a firebolt,a very high magic world. If you are above 25 years of age and take tabletops seriously,then you have really messed up along the lines.

Oh yeah, it’s all fun and games until your thief backstabs someone for the gauntlets of dexterity the party found after a tough fight, all for a fucking +1 bonus to his already high stats. Let me tell you, persuading our cleric to resurrect him (after we wasted the little prick) took a lot more than beer and pretzels.

I was thinking about DMing a campaign on my blog (I was talking to someone about the limitations of cRPGs just recently). I'm a long-time lurker on EN World (and a member), and I like what I've seen of the DM'd campaigns there, over the years.
Don't you will be more fun as a player :) . As DM you will flip out at some point,you have really low tolerance for disagreement. Also that way some bastard could try and romance you. :lol:

I'd rather have Lilura DM me in a huge dungeon with a lot of combat than have someone explain to me what every patron in an inn is doing and following a nonsensical plot *cough* Obsidian *cough*.
I was just thinking that the two of you will make a great D&D team,seeing how you are a true battlefag and reading Lilura's "combat only" views on D&D.

Random fact - on Royal Deadfire Company ships, homosexuality is apparently punished by putting the perpetrator on a diet of laxatives and water.

Why?
I agree,it seems like a pointless waste of water to me.

I'd rather have Lilura DM me in a huge dungeon
can I watch ?
I will even let them use my dungeon :).

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Random fact - on Royal Deadfire Company ships, homosexuality is apparently punished by putting the perpetrator on a diet of laxatives and water.

Why?
It's not explained. And homosexuality isn't mentioned explicitly. The wording is "Feeding the depraved or the cowardly a diet of raw flintseed and water will remind them that law is life, and the captain holds mastery over every spoonful." It's in the guidebook.

That assumes that the author considers homosexuality to be depraved, which seems like a stretch given the other content and work they have done.
Exactly, it seems weird. Just assuming they mean homosexuality when they say "depraved" says more about the person reading that than the ideology of the RDC.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeepOcean

Arcane
rp without larp is but ruin of the soul
Retarded player: I want to make an ignorant, low intellect mage DM!
Me as GM: Sure, dear player, please read those runes over that artifact there.
Retarded player: I can't read them.
GM: Sure, you don't, you are a low intellect mage.
Retarded player: What should I do?
Me as a GM: Of course you can pick that artifact up, right? What evil will it do?
Retarded player: Sure!
Me as a GM: Dear player, you picked up the cursed artifact of the dimension shift to Avernus, your character was teleported with no way back to some infernal dimension where demons with horse sized penis want to make you their bitch for all eternity and you have to run forever, naked, protecting you anus at -40 celsius degrees frozen plains. Now, please, make another character.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Another great companion could have been Nemnok The Devourer, the so called Imp God, instead they make him a pet, he could have been a great addition to the party along with Concehault. The party is just so lame, even the dreadful party from Neverwinter 2 had more going for it than this limp dick of a group.

Also no thaos as companion

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Aint finished the game yet but so far only sea monster i fought in 40hrs of playtime was the kraken and fought it in a dungeon rather then on my ship.
Oh and you can kill whales in random cyoa sections but other then that, seems to be a dearth of hostile oversized nautical fauna.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That assumes that the author considers homosexuality to be depraved, which seems like a stretch given the other content and work they have done.
You are making the mistake of taking a character's speech for the narrator's speech. That quoted line is from a "document" which the guide "quotes", presumably written by an RDC naval officer.

Exactly, it seems weird. Just assuming they mean homosexuality when they say "depraved" says more about the person reading that than the ideology of the RDC.
The word "depraved" makes sense to stand for homosexuality, in the context.

Quillon

Arcane
Btw, are there actually any sea monsters?

Haven't seen any. There is a familiar sea monster tho which may not show up depending on a choice beforehand but it's not actually in the sea/doesn't attack the ship.

So much for dat key art.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Aint finished the game yet but so far only sea monster i fought in 40hrs of playtime was the kraken and fought it in a dungeon rather then on my ship.
Oh and you can kill whales in random cyoa sections but other then that, seems to be a dearth of hostile oversized nautical fauna.
Where is the kreken? Do you mean the thing in the temple in undercity?

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Retarded player: I want to make an ignorant, low intellect mage DM!
Me as GM: Sure, dear player, please read those runes over that artifact there.
Retarded player: I can't read them.
GM: Sure, you don't, you are a low intellect mage.
Retarded player: What should I do?
Me as a GM: Of course you can pick that artifact up, right? What evil will it do?
Retarded player: Sure!
Me as a GM: Dear player, you picked up the cursed artifact of the dimension shift to Avernus, your character was teleported with no way back to some infernal dimension where demons with horse sized penis want to make you their bitch for all eternity and you have to run forever, naked, protecting you anus at -40 celsius degrees frozen plains. Now, please, make another character.

that's a shame, this d&d session was starting real fun then the autistic dm, seemingly utterly devoided of any creativity and probably out of embarassment off his own incapacity to actually interact with players instead of character sheets, put an end to this original predicament.

how did the game turn when he made a 18 INT wizard ? did he score these fireballs on your orcs ?
sorry I mean, did his hit roll +6 was enough to overcome your 5 reflex save +2 ? or is it a dc based system with no hit roll at all ?

Just want to make this clear: crpgs, as well stated earlier itt, are about the opposite. Larp in crpgs is the most retarded thing ever, and sawyer's obsession with muscle wizards reflect most of his demons regarding game design. Ie fixing problems he has with tabletop systems with crpg systems, missing the point entirely. There's no fun in larping there, even when it's supposedly supported.
But there's absolutely nothing wrong in larping in tabletop. That's where the fun is, even. That's the only reason I still play d&d style games. Not to check if i'm still genius enough to figure out that maxing strength makes a good fighter, then pat myself on the back when my optimised character turns out to be, indeed, optimised. And by optimised I'm not talking about munchkin builds, it's not about powergaming and whatnot.
You're the dm there, you're supposed to have fun with this useless wizard. And if being useless is no problem to him, there's no reason to be mad.

Last edited:
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is the family feud quest in tikitaka timed, bugged or simply lame?

Barabara family head tells me to find evidence of Valera conspiracy against her. I unveil konspiracy in the Gullet, then fuck off and sail for a few days. I return, tell her of konspiracy and say that Valeras want to negotiate. She says "mkay go tell them imma negotiate".

so i go to valeras and they are liek 'zomg we have dudes storming the barabara vault plz go help them'

i get to choose either from 'nop u die now' or 'ok' and then the barabaras turn hostile as i enter their mansion and yell 'have at thee traitor'

wut

edit: and finally chief barabara says "lololo dat was very unsubtle of u, u big fat failure :^)"
If you reveal to ''Bardata'' that the Valeras are indeed ploting against her (heist or else), this will prevent any kind of negociations.
If you want them to make peace, you need to work on that directly after the dual between the two sons.
I revealed the plot to the Bardattos and could still make peace between them.
It's just hidden under another dialogue option which is like "So about the feud..." or something.
PS: Use Spoilers!

Curratum

Ok, I finally gave up and got it.

Why is the text so hideously small at 1440 x 900? There's definitely something wrong with font downscaling on lower resolutions, I had no issues with PoE1. I can't seem to find an option for it.

Reddit and the Steam hub are useless pieces of shit as usual so I thought I might ask here.

Lacrymas

Arcane
"Finally gave up" after a week and a half. You have to literally wait months for it to go out of early beta, then wait a bit more for balancing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom