Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
PoE3 already in the making. You heard here first.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh the game must have returned investments unless the devs are totally retarded and squandered a lot of money on shit. The game is not a flop in the sense of bankrupting the studio,it is more of the sense that there is not enough returns to be worth the time wasted developing the game. You don't do business so you could be a little bit above 0 after a few years of work.

IP.

Feargus wants to sell the studio. It ain't worth shit if it doesn't have IP. They won't abandon Eora so easily, as they'd just have to think of something else and launch that, which would be even more of a long shot.

Are you for real?! That is like me saying that i am not reading the comments of retarded communists.

Oh I read your comments all right... well, some of them at least.

I even give them the consideration they are due.
I get you for the IP,but PoE IP doesn't have that much market value. It is not some classic or a multimillion selling story like ME games. It will have the same value as uderrail in the eyes of lets say EA.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Every one of the voice actor for the companions has done more than just the companion, but also some random side characters as well. So either they decide "hey let's cut some companion content so these expensive actors can do some minor characters nobody cares about", or they didn't really cut any content at all in the first place and that's all they've planned for it.

Prime Junta

I get you for the IP,but PoE IP doesn't have that much market value. It is not some classic or a multimillion selling story like ME games. It will have the same value as uderrail in the eyes of lets say EA.

The Fearg wants to make a Skyrim killer hiking simulator in Eora. It makes sense to establish the IP with smaller projects first.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

The Fearg wants to make a Skyrim killer hiking simulator in Eora. It makes sense to establish the IP with smaller projects first.
Like I said, I see him really making a Skyrim killer... 10 years post-Skyrim, and everyone will just yawn at it.

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Every one of the voice actor for the companions has done more than just the companion, but also some random side characters as well. So either they decide "hey let's cut some companion content so these expensive actors can do some minor characters nobody cares about", or they didn't really cut any content at all in the first place and that's all they've planned for it.

Or "cut companion content so that we can use the fact that we VA everything in marketing". Using Californian union voice actors is expensive as shit. Their individual rates are about 1000$ a day as a baseline, and famous VAs such as Laura Bailey (Xoti), Ashley Johnson(Narrator), Liam Obrien (Serafen) and Matthew Mercer (Eder+Aloth) might command higher rates than that. Additionally, obsidian used 3 studios to finish their VA quickly rather than their in-house studio.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Also I think people overestimate the budget for fully voice acting when it comes to Deadfire. Their collaboration with Critical Role is a marketing strategy and it goes both ways, so they might get a decent discount when it comes to the payment for those actors.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I would read that interactive book :)

Probably not the first one to notice but I heard an NPC skip the part of the sentence that deals with my background. Not a big deal, just thought someone might find it informative in regard to the budget issues and whatnot.

As far as the responses go there's way too much of 'yeah, well, fuck you too!' and 'that's what she said OLOLOLO'.

Shadenuat

Arcane
When trading, press CTRL and click on any item stack in your stash to highlight it, then, after selecting everything, drag and hold with lmb any of selected to trade screen, and everything selected would be transfered together to trade screen regardless of amount of items in stacks.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
- This is out last koiki fruit
- Ah ok. Well, I do have 32 koiki fruits in my stash--
- No need we kill person and then starve
- k.
This is one occasion where the mulish insistence that all quest resolutions should give you the same amount of XP fails the nice quest. I would have supported a quest resolution where you give them your koiki fruit, this closes the quest, but you get like 1/4 of the normal XP reward.

Jinn

Arcane
Cool videogame discussion, dudes!

:thumbsup:

Edit: Thanks to whoever moved those two pages of political shit out of this thread.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
First weekend concurrent players cap is comparable to PoE - 22 700 vs ~ 26 000. Is PoE also a flop?

I remember quite a few posters on the dex declaring POE a flop and celebrating that it would never sniff a million copies a couple weeks after release.
That's interesting. I don't remember those, but I guess they were there.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I cannot tell whether the direction this thread has taken speaks to PoE2's generally warmer reception (i.e., lack of polarization compared to PoE1), or the lack of any defining quality left to discuss.

Edit: I surprised how many people have already finished the game in this thread. I have barely touched the main quest, and it is taking days to slowly explore the map. Granted, I can spare about 1 hour or more a night during the work week.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
No for Yugoslavs, meh for Czech. Fucking Czechs man I swear why do they have to be so stuck up.
Man the internet is so much better when no one cares about anyone's nationality? I could be a disabled lesbian gypsy woman from Aberdeen. Why should anyone care. I wish I didn't know about you.

One's upbringing, native language and place of staying contribute to who they are as a person. No one lives isolated. Plus it makes for fun banter, you don't need to be a nationalist about it.
That is absolutely true mate,would have brofisted if i could. This little derailing of the thread is the best thing that could have come from PoE2.

getting fucked by whatever side wins
Sounds like what your fate has been ever since you returned on the strategic map. And you've got Russians to thank for that, as well as your own short-sightedness.
:negative: Don't remind me mate,fuck that retarded German faggot Ferdinand,we should have taken the Russian one.
You should have made a federation with Romania. Much more viable, you have the two sides of the Danube, and a royal connection to Great Britain. You'd be a bulwark against communism in south west Europe.
Looking back and saying what they should have done is easy,being on the table and making the decision in the moment is not ;). If you ask me we should have waited some time and fucked them well in the ass when ready,and yea a deal with Romania would have been nice. The retarded faggod declared war on Serbs while our troops were on the Turkish border. Fucking faggot!

Parabalus

Arcane
I cannot tell whether the direction this thread has taken speaks to PoE2's generally warmer reception (i.e., lack of polarization compared to PoE1), or the lack of any defining quality left to discuss.

Edit: I surprised how many people have already finished the game in this thread. I have barely touched the main quest, and it is taking days to slowly explore the map. Granted, I can spare about 1 hour or more a night during the work week.

Bunch of people took out vacations to play the game I'd wager. It's a pretty big game, you'd need a full work week of 30+ hours to finish it.

Dumpsterfire is much better than PoE1, if it was released 2 years ago instead of it's predecessor everyone would be calling it the next Bg2, instant classic etc.

Most nitpicking is about the writing, but the IE games also had a bunch of straight up boring/garbage writing, yet you don't care if the game just pulls you in like they did. Dumpsterfire does well in his regard as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom