Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I honestly don't think Obsidian will release another isometric game, given the poor performance of Tyranny and likely POE2.
I don't see why not. If they can keep finding new suckers publishers to pay the employees, they will make more isometric games. The owners will keep most of the profits while the publishers pay the employees. It's a win-win for them.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Lacrymas, you are clearly ignorant on the subject. There are whole threads about this subject, with hundreds of pages with facts and here you are pretending that is some sort of conspiracy. You come across as an ignorant simpleton that has no clue what he is talking about. You are living in the moon, my friend.

You are the one who is acting like it's a conspiracy, lolololol. "They are going to take our virtues!", "they are coming to spread their Muslim ideology!", "Aliens!" etc. This whole thing is not serious and people being riled up like this over tumblr "ideologies" is silly. These basic SJWisms and anti-SJWisms don't even scratch the surface of wrong.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
But being against the doctrines of justice warriors is a negative position based on simple facts. You don’t have to be a close minded fanatic or a nazi to be anti-SJW. So they are not on the same level by any stretch of imagination. Regarding the impact of these dogmas, you must be living in a cave to ignore the impact of this kind of activism. They not only impregnated humanities, the media, the film industry as they are also gaining ground in the law.

You mean exactly like every semi-political trend ever? Like the formation of the ESRB? Or the Comics Code Authority? Or the movement in the late 19th century that said women shouldn't read novels because it makes them go maniacal? You vastly overestimate the reach and influence of these movements, inserting gay characters in films and games and "being leftist" is simply an economic decision, it isn't a real espousal of these "virtues".
And being economical decision..... the game sold like shit cookies.

Gord

Arcane
You can buy a PoE 2 key in keyshop for 24 bucks, yet the consecutive player peak on the first weekend is only 21,714. Yikes.

Not looking promising, but the real weekend peak will be tomorrow. Sundays go higher than Saturdays for some reason

Obviously not true for the average potential customer, but I'm not going for keyshops because I prefer GOG, and I did not buy yet due to indeed waiting for the first round of patches.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's also worth noting that nobody is talking about D:OS2 anymore, even the Codex's thread is a ghost town.

Codex thread is a ghost town because D:OS2 is a mostly positive experience and nobody wants to get slammed for having a positive opinion about it.

This is a website people come to to ventilate about things they dislike.

Positive experience with TB diablo k lol

- Itemization is good. There are a lot of quests themed around acquiring more powerful equipment and you always feel the difference when you acquire an unusually powerful piece of equipment.

- There's an overwhelming amount of interactivity and 3-5 ways to accomplish anything, from violent to diplomatic to con to investigative options and often a mixture of all of them. For that matter, you can murder everyone and still beat the game.

- On that subject of interactivity and multiple solutions, questing in general is good. So is exploration. There are variety of things like talking statues, puzzles, etc, that you can find and interact with by going off the beaten track. You are encouraged to inspect every corner of the map or a dungeon.

- Lots of small secrets, details, and exploits (including the ability to break sequence in a major quest, gaining a powerful advantage early).

- the environments and dungeons are hand crafted. A lot of thought and painstaking effort went into making the world, compared to the procedural generated levels in Diablo games.

Main weakness is that it failed to inspire some people to care because they dislike the tone or aesthetics of the game and its world. A more or less ancillary (secondary) complaint is that some players find the new Physical/Magical armor system in combat frustrating.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
And being economical decision..... the game sold like shit cookies.

Another thing that shows that adherence to this popular rhetoric doesn't really work and its reach is minimal. People aren't going to buy the game only because everyone in it is a bisexual tranny Muslim. We'll see the sales number at the end, though, it may pick up, but it won't be because of furry midget gay sex.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can buy a PoE 2 key in keyshop for 24 bucks, yet the consecutive player peak on the first weekend is only 21,714. Yikes.

Not looking promising, but the real weekend peak will be tomorrow. Sundays go higher than Saturdays for some reason
Infinitron, this is embarrassing. Quit this denial and face it.

Face what? I've already said this: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...2-storm-of-eothas.121736/page-93#post-5611804

Nevertheless, we'll only have the full information tomorrow.

Sentinel

Arcane

Infinitron, this is embarrassing. Quit this denial and face it.

Face what? I've already said this: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...2-storm-of-eothas.121736/page-93#post-5611804

Nevertheless, we'll only have the full information tomorrow.
What can tomorrow provide you that has any chance of changing how you view PoE2's sales data? There's no point hoping for tomorrow.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Meh, Numenara tanked so hard it went into negative sales and inXile is still putting out RPGs.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Friendly advice if you're like me and trust these damn color codes.
I was about to sell a "blue" sword only to realise it had a fishy name. Turns out I could examine it.
Be wary friends.

I'm starting to think that they were slightly heavy-handed when they adressed the itemization of the first game.
It kinda feels like too much at some point, doesn't it ?

Lacrymas

Arcane
I was very curious how PoE2 is going to do financially, I wasn't very convinced of the success of D:OS2, I thought it was a freak accident and Larian being at the right place at the right time. We'll see, though.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Deadfire is not a flop. At this moment is #4 at steam charts. If people are not playing, fuck them, but they are buying, for sure. Reviews are good, steam reviews are good, sale charts are good. So, what the hell are you talking about?

Tyranny was not a flop. Numenera was.

Pretty sure there is a small team now focused on PoE3 already.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
You are the one who is acting like it's a conspiracy, lolololol. "They are going to take our virtues!", "they are coming to spread their Muslim ideology!", "Aliens!" etc. This whole thing is not serious and people being riled up like this over tumblr "ideologies" is silly. These basic SJWisms and anti-SJWisms don't even scratch the surface of wrong.
You go read these threads and then you come back to discuss these subjects because you have no idea what you are talking about. You are willfully ignoring gazilions of facts. Talking about this with you feels like arguing with a player who thinks that Skyrim is a classic.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...hat-garbage-here.89809/page-1027#post-5588820

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...th-water-cannon.102247/page-1023#post-5587150

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...g-dumping-ground.90469/page-2665#post-5585308

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
So how bad is the SJW crap really? If I ignore the companion romance options completely (and I most certainly will), is it still noticeable in the game world and other characters?

From reading the PoE II thread in the news forum I get the impression it’s completely infested with this crap but I have a hard time believing it’s this bad...

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Because healing yourself after battle was never a problem in both IE games and PoE1 so no reason to keep it and waste time spaming rest (which was barely controlled in previous games).

Maybe if sleeping didn't magically heal you spamming rest wouldn't be a problem. :eek: This seems more like Obsidian went the Bethesda way of "remove it instead of fixing it". I guess this is what Sawyer meant with "RPGs have to evolve".

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
So how bad is the SJW crap really? If I ignore the companion romance options completely (and I most certainly will), is it still noticeable in the game world and other characters?

From reading the PoE II thread in the news forum I get the impression it’s completely infested with this crap but I have a hard time believing it’s this bad...

Do you consider existence of non-white people and females in positions of power and authority SJW crap?

imweasel

So how bad is the SJW crap really?
All companions are either bisexual or asexual. In comparison over 95% of our society is exclusively heterosexual.

Pretty sure there is a small team now focused on PoE3 already.
That would not be a good idea since sales are weak. Obsidian would be better off making a new IP. That weird west IP that Beamdog was working on looked very interesting...

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Non-white...no, especially in a setting like this.

Females in position of power...well I think it’s easy to be unbelievable and immersion breaking if overdone. Did you see the last 1 or 2 seasons of Game of Thrones? It bothered me there, yes.

Inweasel I was specifically asking about everything apart from the companions. I think it’s a shame about them, but I will try to ignore the romance crap like in ever other RPG that had it...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom