Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
But being against the doctrines of justice warriors is a negative position based on simple facts. You don’t have to be a close minded fanatic or a nazi to be anti-SJW. So they are not on the same level by any stretch of imagination. Regarding the impact of these dogmas, you must be living in a cave to ignore the impact of this kind of activism. They not only impregnated humanities, the media, the film industry as they are also gaining ground in the law.

You mean exactly like every semi-political trend ever? Like the formation of the ESRB? Or the Comics Code Authority? Or the movement in the late 19th century that said women shouldn't read novels because it makes them go maniacal? You vastly overestimate the reach and influence of these movements, inserting gay characters in films and games and "being leftist" is simply an economic decision, it isn't a real espousal of these "virtues".

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Of course it's ok for Muslims to come to our country and disseminate values that are against ours. It's called free speech.
No, it's called hate speech.

Personally I believe the government has no business decreeing which words are allowed to come out of people's mouths. If you believe otherwise that is your right, and I support it. I would ask you to bear in mind that if your desire were to come to pass and free speech was restricted by the government, the people determining what you can and cannot say may be people whose beliefs are different from yours.

Freedom of speech is useless value because it means that you will not be prosecuted by government if you speak against the government. Which means that you can be prosecuted for any other speech.

2house2fly

Magister
Of course it's ok for Muslims to come to our country and disseminate values that are against ours. It's called free speech.

Personally I believe the government has no business decreeing which words are allowed to come out of people's mouths. If you believe otherwise that is your right, and I support it. I would ask you to bear in mind that if your desire were to come to pass and free speech was restricted by the government, the people determining what you can and cannot say may be people whose beliefs are different from yours.

Freedom of speech is useless value because it means that you will not be prosecuted by government if you speak against the government. Which means that you can be prosecuted for any other speech.
There is more to it even than that. Consider the omnipresence of social media, and its use by employers nowadays to keep track of employees. It's at the point where it you say something your employer doesn't like on your Facebook account you can be fired from your job. This isn't a punishment from the government, but still feels to me like a violation of free speech

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

There is more to it even than that. Consider the omnipresence of social media, and its use by employers nowadays to keep track of employees. It's at the point where it you say something your employer doesn't like on your Facebook account you can be fired from your job. This isn't a punishment from the government, but still feels to me like a violation of free speech

Dont deliever on plate your personal information to (((zuckerberg))).Empoyer can fire you for whatever reason thats different topic.

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I am tired of seeing his "facts".
I'm just tired of seeing this.
22XqK6U.png

Or this.
1526127508872.jpg
That second picture? That must be a photoshop?
If not that is "I want to be Dragon" level or Beamdog level...

Can't confirm if it's real but it wouldn't surprise me given I just ran into this gem:

oIBYcQ1.jpg

Shawty quickly becoming my least favorite companion. But I need those priest spells :negative:

Fairfax

Arcane
Steam charts aren't looking so hot.

If it does flop, I wonder why? It's had a solid marketing campaign, good long-term fan engagement, it's an established IP, it got a 90% Metacritic average, and it's got all the buttsecz these millennials seem to enjoy, so ... what could have gone wrong?

oh and it's a pretty good game too
Some factors:

- No multiplayer. Like it or not, it's a major feature for casuals.
- I don't think the marketing was solid at all.
- Underwhelming word of mouth from the first game always hurts a sequel. Most people dropped the first before Defiance Bay, and although reviews have said Deadfire improved many aspects, I don't think the marketing did enough to convince most casuals. And at the end of the day, it's better when people can see for themselves. They should've released a good standalone area as a free demo (say, Fort Deadlight) right before launch. The backer beta only helped those who already liked the first and pre-ordered the sequel. It did nothing to bring people back/new customers.
- Even among fanboys, the consensus is that the first got significantly better with patches+the expansion. That makes waiting for a sale/patches/DLC even more appealing.
- Direct sequel to a story most players didn't like and 90% never finished, and the writing and story are still bad.
- Game is pretty buggy (shocker) and runs poorly, which hurt the steam reviews (83% at the moment).

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It's also worth noting that nobody is talking about D:OS2 anymore, even the Codex's thread is a ghost town.

Codex thread is a ghost town because D:OS2 is a mostly positive experience and nobody wants to get slammed for having a positive opinion about it.

This is a website people come to to ventilate about things they dislike.

Positive experience with TB diablo k lol

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
That Unity Console mod (Cheat Mod basically) from Nexus for PoE 2 allows changing of Level Scaling in-game:

EDIT: It's basically a program that hijacks the game's Console and allows custom console commands that you script yourself; it already comes with all known console commands and custom ones like this one enabling the Level Scaling (or disabling it).

It also features an in-game GUI which allows things like custom Item creation (i.e. pick from the game's Master Item List and add whatever effects you want), among other things.

lordrami wrote:
is there any way to change level scaling in-game?

• Pretty sure. What exactly do you want? Just the global scaling settings? I suspect that existing maps may already have "scaling" baked in.

Anyway the global setting can be changed from the Unity Console window with the following commands:

import Game
    Game.GameState.Instance.LevelScaleUpOnly = False
    Game.GameState.Instance.LevelScaleUpOnly = True
    Game.GameState.Instance.LevelScaling = Game.GameData.LevelScalingOption.CritPath
    Game.GameState.Instance.LevelScaling = Game.GameData.LevelScalingOption.All
    Game.GameState.Instance.LevelScaling = Game.GameData.LevelScalingOption.None

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I don't know if it was Paradox, but it did feel to me that especially after Katrina left, Obsidian just disappeared off the earth for a while, only re-emerging when they announced the Critical Role stuff.

They had this cool-looking game to show off, they should have made more videos and trailers of it.

I'm glad someone else is feeling this. Their update videos actually got lots of views, and attention on mainstream sites, then but suddenly nothing. It's not like the absence of Katarina matters, just replace her with Sawyer or literary anyone wellspoken and capable of reading a script... Consequently, I've barely seen any buzz about Deadfire other than here.

You have to pay to get noticed by the mainstream sites, you just don't post a youtube video and suddenly IGN, Gamepsot, PCGamer are going to start sucking your balls. It's clear that they didn't want to spend money on advertisement and hoped the game would ride to victory on it's predecessor success, but they were wrong and now they are going to pay for it.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
Well, seeing as you have an answer to every problem that Obsidian and Sawyer personally have failed so bad at solving, I thought you were the kind of genius we are all hoping for.
That's a silly line of reasoning. Do you think that no player has justified criticisms if he is not a developer? Do you really want to go there? Because I'm not paid to be a developer so forgive me if I'm not doing other people's jobs for them in a second. Let us stop making any kind of criticism because we are no developers that sell one million copies, okay? Really poor attemtp to deflect criticim. It's a mixture of ad crumenam fallacy, ad populum and a confusion between the roles of critics and experts.

Last edited:

Sothpaw

Learned
Some factors:

- No multiplayer. Like it or not, it's a major feature for casuals.
- I don't think the marketing was solid at all.
- Underwhelming word of mouth from the first game always hurts a sequel. Most people dropped the first before Defiance Bay, and although reviews have said Deadfire improved many aspects, I don't think the marketing did enough to convince most casuals. And at the end of the day, it's better when people can see for themselves. They should've released a good standalone area as a free demo (say, Fort Deadlight) right before launch. The backer beta only helped those who already liked the first and pre-ordered the sequel. It did nothing to bring people back/new customers.
- Even among fanboys, the consensus is that the first got significantly better with patches+the expansion. That makes waiting for a sale/patches/DLC even more appealing.
- Direct sequel to a story most players didn't like and 90% never finished, and the writing and story are still bad.
- Game is pretty buggy (shocker) and runs poorly, which hurt the steam reviews (83% at the moment).

I didn't play POE until 2017, and won't play this one until all DLC is released and they're done patching. Not sure if that is a factor for a bunch of other ppl, but it certainly is for me. Still though, 21K on the first weekend is very weak. I honestly don't think Obsidian will release another isometric game, given the poor performance of Tyranny and likely POE2.

You mean exactly like every semi-political trend ever? Like the formation of the ESRB? Or the Comics Code Authority? Or the movement in the late 19th century that said women shouldn't read novels because it makes them go maniacal? You vastly overestimate the reach and influence of these movements, inserting gay characters in films and games and "being leftist" is simply an economic decision, it isn't a real espousal of these "virtues".
Lacrymas, you are clearly ignorant on the subject. There are whole threads about this subject, with hundreds of pages with facts and here you are pretending that is some sort of conspiracy. You come across as an ignorant simpleton that has no clue what he is talking about. You are living in the moon, my friend.

imweasel

You can buy a PoE 2 key in a keyshop for 24 bucks, yet the consecutive player peak on the first weekend is only 21,714. Yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
There's inbred jackasses bitching about muh SJWs in this game as well? What ever happened to "don't get offended like a pussy for no reason"? You need the fucking rope, more than you claim that the SJWs themselves need it.
That’s like saying that it’s okay for muslims to come to our country and disseminate values that are against ours. If you are complaining about this you are not man enough and deserve the rope. Complete idiocy and inversion of values.

Please bend your neck forward.
Don't you have some pussydick to suck on while some fat nigger assfuck your pillow wife?

I honestly don't think Obsidian will release another isometric game, given the poor performance of Tyranny and likely POE2.
I don't see why not. If they can keep finding new suckers publishers to pay the employees, they will make more isometric games. The owners will keep most of the profits while the publishers pay the employees. It's a win-win for them.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
also where are these bounties I hear about where do you go to get them? wtf
I found that the best way for bounties it to get around 10-13 level,get nice junk and sink every single ship on the map,after that kill all the battles on the islands and in the end turn in all the bounties. If you as for location of the bounty givers...well:

One is in front the VTC,another one is on the first floor of the tavern in the same district,one is in religious district above the temple of Magran,another one is in the palace district next to the animal seller(upper right),another is in the captain loge in the fish citadel,finally there is one in the pirate city on the docks and one in their market.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom