Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Also, the opinions of people who actually lived under communist rule are null and void, because that wasn't REAL communism.

The majority of Eastern Europeans feel they were better off under Communism.

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/2gpfmp/polls_show_eastern_europeans_miss_communism/

Between 50 and 60% of Russians miss the USSR.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-union/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9ead284b6913

These are old people that were licking butthole of establishment.

Eagle will rise upon EUROPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rnrOLcBD2A

Flou

Arbiter
Didn't Leo & Tim make huge sacrifices to pay out every single employee before they closed the company? Seems pretty cool compared to Obsidian management.

Didn't Avellone just say that the owners have loaned money for the company to make payroll. Such scumbags they are, making sure people get paid.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Since we're doing brutal honesty, Chris Avellone did you get sexually harassed by Obsidian's HRM? There's rumours and some borderline-creepy public behaviour on record there.

The kids are calling it 'Going for the jelly beans'.

I posted "as fact" that he was accusing her, not that the accusations are valid.

Petition to have Infinitron's tag edited to "I post what I believe to be facts"

Brancaleone

Prophet
Less talk, more memes.

giphy.gif
Very appropriate, since Ginobili is also of Italian descent.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It's the spiritual successor to Darth Roxor's PoE review.
Imagine how Roxor's PoE2 review will look like.

are there really 80 pages already. this is the Torment of threads.
this is the RPGCodex renaissance

Yes the word spreads and lo behold what I saw in reddit, but the edge of abyss that is RPG Codex and I followed its call back again. Time to breath fire back to the Gems of Glittering Hatred.
EjgtErM.jpg
Biased and relevent only to codexers probably

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So I wonder if the sequence of feargian dickery was this:

Chris asks about finances and why his wife had the equivalent of a political spouse's no show job at a lobbying firm given the financial difficulties of the company.

Feargus goes home and tells wife.

Wife gets enraged that he called a spade a spade and demands Feargus whose the only "real" boss do something.

Feargus, being the timeless schoolyard virgin without a spine and having spent years telling himself he deserves as much recognition as all the other old flags, comes in and does what he does with completely malicious intent.

Then realized he fucked up with Paradox. Sure they'll use MCA as a human stretch goal, but resent him after and isolate him?

Out of curiosity Fenstermaker's Folly, when you left how many days of health insurance did you get?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Interesting to see interaction between developers go from:

Tim Cain: "You're amazing. The games you've made will live long after we are naught but dust."
Chris Avellone: "When your fingers caress the keyboard the brilliance of your mind becomes apparent to every soul with a monitor."
Mark Yohalem: "Your ideas bold and original. Future generations will stand on the shoulders of giants. Your shoulders."
Vault Dweller: "Tears of joy stream down the cheeks of players when you release another game."
Styg: "I love you."
Brian Mitsoda: "Kiss me."

...inching closer to:

Tim Cain: "Bitch, Thomas Jefferson was president the last time you were relevant!"
Chris Avellone: "The only time you put any effort into anything was when you stole your daddy's wallet to buy booze!"
Mark Yohalem: "Your games (and I use that term loosely) have more bugs than a Calcutta slum, you pig-spawned freak!"
Vault Dweller: "Do you just slam your head into the keyboard or do you outsource your writing to monkeys on crack, you fucking hack!?"
Styg: "You're trash, your family is trash, your friends are trash, your fucking pets are trash!"
Brian Mitsoda: "Cunt. Cunt! CUNT! CUNTCUNTCNTCNNTTTCCUNT!!!!"
please dont ruin my heroes. Please :(

This is the last shred of innocence and naivete i have left

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I wonder if the sequence of feargian dickery was this:

Chris asks about finances and why his wife had the equivalent of a political spouse's no show job at a lobbying firm given the financial difficulties of the company.

Feargus goes home and tells wife.

Wife gets enraged that he called a spade a spade and demands Feargus whose the only "real" boss do something.

Feargus, being the timeless schoolyard virgin without a spine and having spent years telling himself he deserves as much recognition as all the other old flags, comes in and does what he does with completely malicious intent.

FU: That Chris Avellone makes me so mad!

MU: De-owner him.... then make him work on Tyranny.

FU: Mwahahahaha *showers her with "Consultant" paychecks

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Mark Yohalem: "Your games (and I use that term loosely) have more bugs than a Calcutta slum, you pig-spawned freak!"
I hope I don't drift in that direction, notwithstanding entropy and gravity. Fortunately, I play so few games now, I don't have occasion to lapse into such criticism. And I save my wrath for monetization. At this point, no RPG or adventure, no matter how insipid, malfunctioning, derivative, or offensive could really raise my pulse when we have an entire industry devoted to hooking young children on microtransactions. Such games, and the wickedness that lies behind them, utterly dwarf anything under discussion in this thread.

The hard thing about this thread is that there is no possible interpretation under which someone I admired comes away undiminished, unless this all turned out to be a big joke, which obviously it's not. But I don't think it's enough to really change my worldview (which is already fairly dour) or my fondness for (the non-microtransaction aspects of) the game industry and admiration for the folks who make up that industry.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Obsidian shills at the obsidian boards are making my piss boil. I don't want anyone to take MCA's comments as 100% facts, but there are some idiots who are brushing everything aside, saying that this is how good businesses are ran.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Well, when people want something really much (say PoE2) they have to work really hard not to feel guilty about it

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Obsidian shills at the obsidian boards are making my piss boil. I don't want anyone to take MCA's comments as 100% facts, but there are some idiots who are brushing everything aside, saying that this is how good businesses are ran.
I can only wish them to end up working in such a good business, once they reach working age of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom