Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gearbox's Homeworld 1 & 2 HD Remakes - A New Hope

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's Gearbox. If the game mechanics consist of more than comparing two whole numbers in a carefully-controlled environment, they have absolutely no idea what to do.

Perkel

Arcane
It's Gearbox. If the game mechanics consist of more than comparing two whole numbers in a carefully-controlled environment, they have absolutely no idea what to do.

True and they proved it with 1.0 and lack of balistics for hw1
But they were clobbered with community and they made some good changes.

In the end they made actually great remaster.

Last edited:

Quatlo

Arcane
Im surprised to say this buy I'm actually enjoying HW2 very much now.
VoyArcq.jpg
Have you ever thought you'd live to actually see working sphere formation in HW2? I sure as hell didn't but here it is. Its probably the first and only time when broken remaster actually retroactively fixed a game it wasnt supposed to fix.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Have you ever thought you'd live to actually see working sphere formation in HW2? I sure as hell didn't but here it is. Its probably the first and only time when broken remaster actually retroactively fixed a game it wasnt supposed to fix.

They fixed HW2 gameplay?

Can I ask?

1) Formations now work?
2) Frigates are something else bar LOSING PRESSURE IN FORWARD STARBOARD CHAMBER PRESSURE DROPPING BOOM
3) Auto-balance got shot in the back of the head?
4) You can get custom fighter formations or you are still forced into the retarded "fighter squads" mode?
5) How's the MP?

Sure, they can't fix the utterly retarded anime plot, but I'm kinda asking myself if I should pirate or buy the Remaster or pirate\buy Emergence\Cata. I mean, Cata is not remastered but it's still the superior HW sequel.

Quatlo

Arcane
Disclaimer: I'm playing with 2.3 fan mod/patch that fixes leftover bugs that gearbox didnt bother to fix before pulling the plug.

1) Formations now work?
2) Frigates are something else bar LOSING PRESSURE IN FORWARD STARBOARD CHAMBER PRESSURE DROPPING BOOM
3) Auto-balance got shot in the back of the head?
4) You can get custom fighter formations or you are still forced into the retarded "fighter squads" mode?
5) How's the MP?
1. They do
2. From what I gather their hp was changed to be more like in HW1 because cross-game balacing
3. 2.3 mod has "scaling" slider so yeah.
4. They are still stuck in squadrons but every formation from HW1 now works in HW2, stances also work. Say you have 2 squadrons and you choose claw formation, they merge into 1 bigger claw.
5. Dunno, I only play with my nooblet friends. At least I have fun from using strike craft like they were intended instead of a glorified air show.

Perkel

Arcane
If you want to play multi you should use either way Complex 12 mod.

Thanks for the heads up, grabbed it on sale in hope they really fixed it up. I have a lot of fond memories of Homeworld 1, Cata, and even Homeworld 2. Fuck knows when I'll be able to get around to play it though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom