Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think it's easy to say 'ignore the SJWs' when it isn't your character being attacked publicly. Rebuttal is necessary, just stay classy.

Nobody says it's easy, of course it isn't. But it's what you gotta force yourself to do. Rebutting trolls and attention leeches never ever helped anything.

Santander02

Arcane
If Vávra didn't call out @aegies and didn't wear the Burzum shirt, I think it wouldn't explode that much.

He absolutely made the situation much worse than it could've been. He's obviously one of those pathologically combative characters who are physically unable to back down from a fight, even the most pointless and petty, even if it destroys them. Wearing the Burzum t-shirt and some other things he said and did is ofc just trolling, he's absolutely not any ultra right sympathizer or any such bullshit, but he just behaved like a teenage brat trolling around forums from his mom's basement instead of someone responsible for a 100+ employees and many millions of investors' and backers' dorra.

Obviously none of that makes SJWs any less retarded.

I have to agree with this, as endearing based Vavra's propensity to btfo the SJW's is, the best thing a person in a position of having responsibility over so many employees can do is just remain quiet and non chalant, do not kiss the purplehead's asses, don't buckle over their demands, but don't call them out or start Internet bitchfights with them either, just STFU and make your game.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I think it's easy to say 'ignore the SJWs' when it isn't your character being attacked publicly. Rebuttal is necessary, just stay classy.

Nobody says it's easy, of course it isn't. But it's what you gotta force yourself to do. Rebutting trolls and attention leeches never ever helped anything.

... except sales of the game. Rebuttal should be public, but directed to his audience, not theirs.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
How the hell can they call the combat hard when you can defeat nearly anyone just with decently timed RMB stabbing, no combos? ;x

Unless they are retarded and expect to win against 7 people at once.

Elex

Arbiter
How the hell can they call the combat hard when you can defeat nearly anyone just with decently timed RMB stabbing, no combos? ;x

Unless they are retarded and expect to win against 7 people at once.
simple: they still are in the tutorial when herny is full paesant mode and have stat too low for fight even the basic bandit.

and in KCD the tutorial can even be 10 hours or more of gameplay (even the first hours of rattary are still a tutorial that introduce new stuff)

also a lot of people expect the combat to be "player skill based" is not, it's all about henry stat and perk (gear is not that important, sometime gear is more important for dialogue/stealth than for combat: charisma check is 100% gear and perk).
xv56z7b5b2j01.png

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Well I was a bit busy so it's been a while. And I've got near 100 pages to wade through. So get ready for some blasts from the past

Don’t attempt the Nightingale quest from the hunter in Rattay. It is buggy as shit right now. Spent 2 hours just getting the traps not to bug out while capturing the birds and now the game hangs when trying to turn them in to complete the quest. After looking it up, apparently this is a common problem with this quest.
a fix is due in patch 1.3

Do not try to use the alchemy bench at the witch’s place west of Uzhitz. The moment I started using it, Henry levitated straight up. When I exited the alchemy minigame he plummeted to his death.

Still, first real bug so far.
a fix is due in patch 1.3.
Until then disarm yourselves. Weapons are somehow causing a physics collision. namely shields.

From the same cuman killer. No, the bandit leader is scripted to BTFO you and can't just die.

What the hell is this? Explain this blatant railroading. At least make it a fracking cutscene.
Explain blatant railroading

The explanation is the author himself
33wpijs.jpg

Smejki

Developer
Any information on what is the ratio of game time vs real time? I think I could do with game time slowed down a bit.
1:15. 24 hours World Time takes 96 minutes of Real Time.
Why is most of the hare meat I hunted in the hunting mission classified as stolen? How can you steal hare meat from those you yourself killed?
Forests belonged to nobility and poaching was a major crime back then. We're emulating this through our crime system this way.
the soldiers dislike me.
Fifteenth century Czech soldiers typically were avid Terror from the Deep players, and therefore bound to automatically see you as an enemy.
Yeah, we got some major bug in reputation system. It will be properly fixed in 1.4 as it requires some major interventions in the data set. For now it's best to try not to piss off anybody too much in/near Rattay for now.

norolim

Arcane

As Alienman said, ignoring them didn't work all that well. We've been doing this for the last two decades and see were that brought us. I agree that you should rebut false accusations publicly and with confidence. Stand your ground but don't get involved in arguments on twatter. Instead you can start an education/information campaign supporting your point.

Smejki is back from the Codex ban. Nice.

Divinity: Original Sin
Smejki, since you've come back, what's the status on the horse race quest (sport of kings) deactivating fast travel random encounters? And the side activity beggar's feast, which is bugged because the quest giver is suddenly being tortured on the pillory square in Rattay, after you rob the seal of a trader in Ledetchko. You can talk to him but nothing related to the quest.

mildTea

Learned
A few tidbits from this interview in Czech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTxs1qlI5zc

- Ultra settings turn on additional lights indoors. When you enter a city, the render calculates also these additional lights and this probably explains the funky performance on higher end cards. They will need to modify the CryEngine to get rid of this.
- Performance won't be improved that much on the consoles. Generally the bottleneck is not the graphics, but the AI, physics, texture streaming and so on.
- He forced the 4-layer clothing system, but these layers sometimes poke out during animations. He wanted you to see what you loot from the enemies and not just have a generic loot bag. Now he thinks it was maybe not worth it and could have been simplified. (Personally, I love the clothing and armour system).
- No comment on changing game engine. He thinks they have a working production setup and if they don't have to change, they won't. Changing an engine would require major additional work.
- They are going to approach Crytek about releasing the tools they used so the modders can create quests and so for
- half of the company watched the Twitch streamers playing their game after the launch
- since starting in Illusion Softworks (later Take2 Czech Rep.) he worked on 8-9 titles but only 3 of those were released

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey Smejki,will you fix the Olega dead in Masquerade?Respawning her when you trigger the point to talk to her will be a good. And please make her go uncontentious when she fall from high places :lol:. Maybe make all the villagers immune to that kind of damage,especially in that area.

Smejki

Developer
It's a bit annoying that horses can't swim a 10 meter river. I mean, sure the current could be dangerous for a man, but there definitely seem to be places where a horse should swim across fine.
Just a production/design decision. We didn't want to spend time implementing swimming.
Also the river known for its tranquil waters in these parts and is completely safe for kids (I swam there when I was 7 or so), let alone grown up men.
Smejki, since you've come back, what's the status on the horse race quest (sport of kings) deactivating fast travel random encounters? And the side activity beggar's feast, which is bugged because the quest giver is suddenly being tortured on the pillory square in Rattay, after you rob the seal of a trader in Ledetchko. You can talk to him but nothing related to the quest.
don't know first one (will ask around and report if not fixed)
the latter is fixed in the next patch

Enjoy going through 50 pages of shitposting from around 3 people that really don't like the game :shittydog:
I've already discovered the magic of ignore list
:shitandpiss:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Realised my biggest grudge against bow, particularly arrows in games, hurr skyrim and KCD too: arrows never break & bounce from armor, which they should do most of the time unless you hit a place where they physically CAN stick out. However, for that to exist armor should not, or shouldn't only, work in a way people find hurr "realistic" (damage reduction), but more like basic D&D AC - if a roll to penetrate armor is low, a glancing FX should play and you won't find your arrow on a corpse or anywhere else since it'll just break.

Otherwise it will always be needle cushion look.

Smejki

Developer
Hey Smejki,will you fix the Olega dead in Masquerade?Respawning her when you trigger the point to talk to her will be a good. And please make her go uncontentious when she fall from high places :lol:. Maybe make all the villagers immune to that kind of damage,especially in that area.
Yeah, I'm scripting the Masquerade quest.
The open world keeps killing some people in Talmberg village (it's the hilarious bug with NPC climbing to the sky and falling to death). The cause should is fixed in the next patch 1.3.
But as I've just now been informed nobody realized we should retrorevive the affected NPCs. It doesn't seem to be critical for anybody but that crazy Olena chick. Solution is on the way. Probably in 1.4 though.

Maybe make all the villagers immune to that kind of damage
That's exactly what we did.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Realised my biggest grudge against bow, particularly arrows in games, hurr skyrim and KCD too: arrows never break & bounce from armor, which they should do most of the time unless you hit a place where they physically CAN stick out. However, for that to exist armor should not, or shouldn't only, work in a way people find hurr "realistic" (damage reduction), but more like basic D&D AC - if a roll to penetrate armor is low, a glancing FX should play and you won't find your arrow on a corpse or anywhere else since it'll just break.

Otherwise it will always be needle cushion look.
They bounce mate. I was sneaking on some bandit with a good helmet,shoot him in the head,he turned around and made me mincemeat with his mace.

Archery may be pretty bad but the arrow penetration is kind of accurate,bows were very dangerous weapon during the 15th century. They could even penetrate some of the plate armours during the time. In the game you don't kill a well armoured dude with one arrow.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah, I'm scripting the Masquerade quest.
The open world keeps killing some people in Talmberg village (it's the hilarious bug with NPC climbing to the sky and falling to death). The cause should is fixed in the next patch 1.3.
But as I've just now been informed nobody realized we should retrorevive the affected NPCs. It doesn't seem to be critical for anybody but that crazy Olena chick. Solution is on the way. Probably in 1.4 though.

Maybe make all the villagers immune to that kind of damage
That's exactly what we did.
The bug is that they fall in to river while crossing the bridge and try to get out by climbing on the shore. I am assuming that they can't pass each other on the bridge and one of them falls in the river. After that they stack on each other clipping. Fast and easy way to fix this is to make them clip trough each other while passing the bridge.
For the quest the best thing would be to make trigger that spawns Olega when the quest is progressed to talk with her(not at the beginning,that will fuck a lot of people that save before progressing the quest). Could be that it checks if she is dead and then spawns her.

Anyway,great messy game,enjoying it a lot keep up the great work! Slav power ;).

PS:Really wanted to butfuck you all because of the "Question and answers".

imweasel

I have to agree with this, as endearing based Vavra's propensity to btfo the SJW's is, the best thing a person in a position of having responsibility over so many employees can do is just remain quiet and non chalant, do not kiss the purplehead's asses, don't buckle over their demands, but don't call them out or start Internet bitchfights with them either, just STFU and make your game.
Can't say I agree. Vavra pulled a Donald Trump which really enraged the SJWs and libtards. Suddenly everyone was talking about the game. That is free marketing.

As they say, "There is no such thing as bad publicity".

imweasel

Some of them hate it so much they're half-way through their second playthrough. :shittydog:
Well, I have almost finished Kingdom Cum: Oblivion and I can hardly wait until I can uninstall it TBH.

I give it :5/5::1/5: and a negative rating on Steam. The writing and cutscenes are nice, Vavra is a based bro so I will give KCD a bonus point, but the game itself is pretty MEH. I am just not impressed by Oblivion clones with a shitload of fetch quests, wonky design and tons of bugs.

cvv retardos this :hero:

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom