Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I tried disabling vsync but it did nothing to solve the freezes for me unfortunately.

disable it in-game by typing r_vsync 0 in console

Gremius

Augur
It's kind of amusing how much more shit KCD gets for many of the same issues people excuse in other games' cases. Esp. outside the codex.
And vice versa on Codex. The AI in this game is garbage, especially related with stealth/pickpocketing/lockpicking. So bad that it breaks these mechanics even more they are already. I had main mission with optional objectives
to sabotage Cumans camp

Nobody has seen me, everyone were at long distances, but the second I did something, they already knew it was me, and knew exactly my position, even if I already hid myself.

The more I play this, I like this game less and less.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Do you know what exactly win10 does that fixed the freezing for you?

And Starwars. Assuming you have already tried the common graphics stuff, and are on windows 7, try this.

read the last paragraph here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ce-release-thread.120418/page-67#post-5493972

Donwload InSpectre, run it, and if it says low performance then disable the meltdown fix, reboot your pc and try the game with all settings still on low.

It didn't fix it for the Sheepherder, who may have other programs on his PC bogging down performance (not sure if he tried disabling vsync before posting here), but I am positive this is the reason that some users report upgrading to Win10 fixes the random freezes / lag spikes for them. It's what fixed it for me, and the Win7 meltdown fix is a serious CPU hog - especially on pre-2016 CPUs.

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
1tVbwIx.png

:what:

Sources on the name "Cuman" and some bits about their DNA analysis:

The original meaning of the endonym Cuman is unknown. It is also often unclear whether a particular name refers to the Cumans alone, or to both them and the Kipchaks, as the two tribes often lived side by side.[7]:6 However, in Turkic languages qu, qun, qūn, quman or qoman means "pale, sallow, cream coloured", "pale yellow", or "yellowish grey".
In East Slavic languages and Polish, they are known as the Polovtsy, derived from the Slavic root *polvъ "pale; light yellow; blonde".[24][25]:43 Polovtsy or Polovec is often said to be derived from the Old East Slavic polovŭ (половъ) "yellow; pale" by the Russians – all meaning "blond".[25] The old Ukrainian word polovtsy (Пóловці), derived from polovo "straw" – means "blond, pale yellow". The western Cumans, or Polovtsy, were also called Sorochinetses by the Rus', – apparently derived from the Turkic sary chechle "yellow-haired". A similar etymology may have been at work in the name of the Sary people, who also migrated westward ahead of the Qun.[26][full citation needed] However, according to O. Suleymenov polovtsy may come from a Slavic word for "blue-eyed", i.e. the Serbo-Croatian plȃv (пла̑в) means "blue",[27] but this word also means "fair, blonde" and is in fact a cognate of the above; cf. Eastern Slavic polovŭ, Russian polóvyj (поло́вый), Ukrainian polovýj (полови́й).
In Germanic languages, the Cumans were called Folban, Vallani or Valwe – all derivations of old Germanic words for "pale".[4]:106 In the German account by Adam of Bremen, and in Matthaios of Edessa, the Cumans were referred to as the "Blond Ones"

----> I'd add that "plavci" in Czech definitely refers to hair colour, the etymology referring to the steppes doesn't work (that would be "plaňci", or "polci"), nor does the one about blue eyes.

"The results suggested that the Cumanians, as seen in the excavation at Csengele, were far from genetic homogeneity."
" five of the six skeletons that were complete enough for anthropometric analysis appeared Asian rather than European (Horváth 1978, 2001), including two from the mitochondrial haplogroup H, which is typically European. It is interesting that the only skeleton for which anthropological examination indicated a partly European ancestry was that of the chieftain, whose haplotype is most frequently found in the Balkans."

A few contemporary depictions of Cumans:
Sapara._Jaqeli_portrait.JPG
794e572a711f0a549c1bf936f8b61792--germany.jpg
Chronicon_Pictum_P129_IV._L%C3%A1szl%C3%B3_%C3%A9s_gyilkosai.JPG

dscn4268.jpg

I find the presented argument very confusing. So Vávra is fearmongering against "the Turks" (even if they're not Turks) and at the same time, he's not depicting them as a super racist stereotype, but rather as white guys?
That...sounds a bit counterproductive.

I think some people misunderstand what "turkic" means and imagine actual present day Turks from Turkey, or maybe Mongols. They probably looked like neither and if they were like any other nomadic confederacy, the appearance would vary wildly even between individual tribes.

(if anything, my guess would be that if they look exactly the same as other NPCs in KCD, this was done to cut costs. Haven't actually met a Cuman without the face mask yet, so I can't say.)

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The original meaning of the endonym Cuman is unknown. It is also often unclear whether a particular name refers to the Cumans alone, or to both them and the Kipchaks, as the two tribes often lived side by side.[7]:6 However, in Turkic languages qu, qun, qūn, quman or qoman means "pale, sallow, cream coloured", "pale yellow", or "yellowish grey".
In East Slavic languages and Polish, they are known as the Polovtsy, derived from the Slavic root *polvъ "pale; light yellow; blonde".[24][25]:43 Polovtsy or Polovec is often said to be derived from the Old East Slavic polovŭ (половъ) "yellow; pale" by the Russians – all meaning "blond".[25] The old Ukrainian word polovtsy (Пóловці), derived from polovo "straw" – means "blond, pale yellow". The western Cumans, or Polovtsy, were also called Sorochinetses by the Rus', – apparently derived from the Turkic sary chechle "yellow-haired". A similar etymology may have been at work in the name of the Sary people, who also migrated westward ahead of the Qun.[26][full citation needed] However, according to O. Suleymenov polovtsy may come from a Slavic word for "blue-eyed", i.e. the Serbo-Croatian plȃv (пла̑в) means "blue",[27] but this word also means "fair, blonde" and is in fact a cognate of the above; cf. Eastern Slavic polovŭ, Russian polóvyj (поло́вый), Ukrainian polovýj (полови́й).
In Germanic languages, the Cumans were called Folban, Vallani or Valwe – all derivations of old Germanic words for "pale".[4]:106 In the German account by Adam of Bremen, and in Matthaios of Edessa, the Cumans were referred to as the "Blond Ones"

----> I'd add that "plavci" in Czech definitely refers to hair colour, the etymology referring to the steppes doesn't work (that would be "plaňci", or "polci"), nor does the one about blue eyes.

"The results suggested that the Cumanians, as seen in the excavation at Csengele, were far from genetic homogeneity."
" five of the six skeletons that were complete enough for anthropometric analysis appeared Asian rather than European (Horváth 1978, 2001), including two from the mitochondrial haplogroup H, which is typically European. It is interesting that the only skeleton for which anthropological examination indicated a partly European ancestry was that of the chieftain, whose haplotype is most frequently found in the Balkans."

dscn4268.jpg

I find the presented argument very confusing. So Vávra is fearmongering against "the Turks" (even if they're not Turks) and at the same time, he's not depicting them as a super racist stereotype, but rather as white guys?

I think some people misunderstand what "turkic" means and imagine actual present day Turks from Turkey, or maybe Mongols. They probably looked like neither and if they were like any other nomadic confederacy, the appearance would vary wildly even between individual tribes.

(if anything, my guess would be that if they look exactly the same as other NPCs in KCD, this was done to cut costs. Haven't actually met a Cuman without the face mask yet, so I can't say.)

Have you seen how they depict Jeanne D'Arc?
https://ibb.co/bCYRd7

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

dscn4268.jpg

Have you seen how they depict Jeanne D'Arc?

What ? You didn't know Jeanne D'Arc also had a middle name, which was Jeanne Shaniqua D'Arc and also you can see her in some of the paintings holding a bucket of chicken wings, it's sad that people can't keep up with history these days.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Re getting stuck on stairs - reduce your encumberance.

Don't think that has anything to do with encumberance. There's a set of stairs in Ratteay Hans-side castle that always has it's top-most stair stopping me and the visuals go like as if I was stepping through them. Only way to get over no matter the weight in bags for me is to take some speed and jump over the 2 final stairs.
Reducing encumberance fixed it in my case, but I was climbing stairs in the other castle. What you could also try is climbing te staircase in a diagonal zig zag movement, the model seems to be more probable to connect with the next stair when you do it like that.

How the fuck is this game so popular? Looks boring as fuck...

and if I think it looks boring normies sure as hell do.

Color me confused, game will be dead within a month
It's an RPG. That's not a game for everyone. It requires patience, attention and management of long vs short term resources.

Regarding the Cumans/Turks bullshit - is the right honorable mr. faggot aware that the actual "ottoman" turks, who took over Constantinopole, were predominantly of fair complexion, including hair and eyes? What exactly does he want the Cumans to look like? Gengis Khan's mongols? Retard. Self-projecting reverse-racist retard!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
To me for a game like this what matters is whether they got the unfixable things right. By this i don't mean one shouldn't criticize Warhorse when criticism is due, but from a sheer practical point of view what matters at the end is my own entertainment, and if most of the problems this game has are of a "fixable" nature (whether it's through patches or mods, doesn't really matter), then i really don't care.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Saw any comments on how it messes up the saves?
It's on the mod page.
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/1
Known Issues
Cannot launch game or save/load
This can be because of a corrupted profile folder. The error message should be: "[PlayerProfiles] CGameContext::StartGame User 'Name' has no active profile!"

Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\kingdomcome and take a backup of the "profiles" folder. After, you simply remove it and try launching the game again. Your saves should remain unaffected, but take backups of the "saves" folder just to be sure.

Also make sure not to tab out during the startup. This can (and most likely will) crash the game!

"Game Saved" message stuck on screen
This has been reported without the mod as well. I have encountered this once, and during that time the lockpick bug below happened as well. If it happens, save the game and restart. It should be gone.

Lockpicking randomly stops working
Same fix as above, restart your game. I've seen reports of this with and without the mod, so it's safe to say that this is a game bug that is not caused by using the mod.

Save games capped at 300
Someone has reported that the game won't let you save after you've got 300 saves. Take backups of all your saves, remove all saves except your latest one. Now go in-game and load that save, delete it from the load menu and then save. It should be labeled as "Save 1" now.

This has been confirmed on the consoles as well, so it's not caused by the mod.

Thanks to /u/AENIGMA_UK for this.

agris

Arcane
Patron

I wonder why polearms are disabled in the game...does polearms have perks too?

I'm assuming they ran out of time to balance aspects of polearm implementation. Whether perks, usage, itemization etc; who knows?

Anyone speak Czech and have Vavra's ear? Paul_cz

edit: from the mod's discussion

nexus user said:
Thank you so much for making this mod! The halberds used to be almost pointless, but thanks to you, they are finally useful again. However, they might be a bit OP since I managed to take out 15 guards in the Talmberg caste, even though I'm absolute shite in general.

another nexus user said:
They shouldn't really be able to be used 1-handed, but cool mod anyway

mod author said:
No, you can't get perks or combos for them, it's similar to Unarmed, but modders can add in new perks and combos for them and flesh out the system if they want to. In theory!

Last edited:

You can do this all day, 10 enemies, 1000 enemies, it doesn't make a difference.
I just tried it in that location with normal armor and it didn't work.

Not sure what tank-tier armor you implied you stumbled upon, but even with a full set of cunman armor I stole from the bandit camp and the bow you mentioned, one or two of them chased me down while the rest pelted me with arrows.

I got in a few headshots (which didn't kill them), but they were too much for me.

Well what do you know, I did that too by dragging one enemy at a time, but it took like 1 hour to clear the whole fortress instead of 5 minutes. Just do some fancy feet movements, the AI will reset and only the ones closest to you will follow and then you can happily bash them in the face. But why would I play melee, it's a terrible combat system with little to no feedback. It's baffling that an archaic game like Mount&Blade has a better feel to it's melee combat than a game in 2018, trully pathetic.
Dude, you purposely try to use cheap tactics and then whine when they work.

You're playing it wrong. Probably because you suck at melee. No wonder you're butthurt at the game.

Go back to the melee combat trainer, learn everything he can teach.

I'm assuming they ran out of time to balance aspects of polearm implementation. Whether perks, usage, itemization etc; who knows?
My guess is that polearms are OP. The stab attack itself is pretty easy as it is on a sword. On a polearm, where you can safely attack from a distance, I'd imagine you could just walk around all day poking people to death and no one could touch you. Poke, run, poke again.

You wouldn't even have to glitch the AI like dragonul09 to take advantage of it.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
My guess is that polearms are OP. The stab attack itself is pretty easy as it is on a sword. On a polearm, where you can safely attack from a distance, I'd imagine you could just walk around all day poking people to death and no one could touch you. Poke, run, poke again.

You wouldn't even have to glitch the AI like dragonul09 to take advantage of it.

Well, that's kinda the role of polearms tho'. You get to poke stuff to death from distances they can't reach you from. Can't really balance it unless you mean to neuter the actual purpose.

agris

Arcane
Patron

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Check out the edits I added to my post - user who self identifies as poor at combat took out 15 guards np with a polearm.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Piercer is insane. All I do is just stab people. I took out a Cuman with a single stab and another with 2.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One fatal flaw I noticed with my stealth approach to camp clearing:
X is right next to C
almost gave myself a heart-attack and had to run for the hills

KateMicucci

Arcane
Unibrow guy shows up a little too often, but it's hard to complain about sameface after enduring The Witcher 1.
I'm getting awful performance

What are your specs?

I managed to increase my fps a good bit with some tweaks to the texture streaming, ram and hdd stuff in a custom user.cfg plus a few select changes to the advanced graphics settings (probably the least important part though).

Often the game runs at a solid 60fps but it still gets drops every now and again, esp. in cities. Nothing too bad usually... I wonder if it's even graphics related at all. Prolly more under-the-hood a.i. stuff or something.
Win7 x64, 16gig ram, R9 380, i5-2500k @3.30GHz

Game will run perfectly at 60 FPS but only if I stand still. As soon as I start walking it starts mini-freezing.

One fatal flaw I noticed with my stealth approach to camp clearing:
X is right next to C
almost gave myself a heart-attack and had to run for the hills
This became the source of much butthurt for me as well.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has anyone else gotten stuck to the side of the horse? It’s like you’re halfway mounting, but you can’t get on or get off.

Edit: I’m just saying, satisfaction is impossible to achieve. Is there a way to mount or dismount via the console?

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The fuck!!! Those idiots have given a negative reputation to some quests by mistake. Guys you should wait for a patch to fix this. Now i sit at negative rep with a few towns because i finished some quests.:negative: . How the fuck you fuck up such a thing?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom