Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is there a limit for free training? Can you get good in terms of stats, with training, indefinetely?
I think you can only be trained through particular thresholds.

Mortmal

Arcane
I am still so bad at combat. :/ Still tend to panic and button mash if there are more than one opponent. I think I'll catch those fucking nightingales and come back to clean out the bandit camp later. :/

There's a lot lot worse than the bandit camps later and its mandatory to complete storyline.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am still so bad at combat. :/ Still tend to panic and button mash if there are more than one opponent. I think I'll catch those fucking nightingales and come back to clean out the bandit camp later. :/

There's a lot lot worse than the bandit camps later and its mandatory to complete storyline.

Have you met the sith lord in the forest? I have never been schooled so hard in any game ever before.

Raapys

Arcane
Hmm, game freezes when saving(manually or when sleeping) after doing one of the side quests.

House of God - Seeking Zmola

After fighting the dude on the roof of the cathedral, I jump down and run to the mill where zmola is. See him carrying the other guy dead on his back, confront him and kill him... and then can't save without freezing.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The frame rate on mid tier systems is exceptionally good, the ability avoid sick FPS drops on high roller 1080ti systems is super bad with this game. It's a weird combination, hopefully they can fix it with the patch.
People with 1080 needs to learn humility.

BTW did you knew that 1080 uses GDDR5X, and miners said GDDR5X has double latencies, and atrocious mining performance. It can just mean the RAM access times are important because of what they did, and...

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Should I pick this up in 2019 or 2020?

If, looking at the reviews, you're just interested instead of "OMG holy fucking shit must kidnap a kid, sell him to slavery and buy gaem nao!1!" you'll be super fine grabbing the GOTY, with all the patches, DLCs and mountains of additional content that's already in the works. And you'll have a fucking blast, guaranteed.

Dexter

Arcane
I find it somewhat hilarious that most of the time someone bitches about Vávra, they call him varva. It's as if these people had difficulty with written text or something :)
Still better than Daniel Varza.

Btw. don't set Lighting to Ultra, keep it on Very high, it bugs out inside buildings and leads to mad flickering and halves the FPS.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a reason why the alchemist’s shop in Rattay seems to be closer during the day? Tried to go in at 10am but it’s locked. It’s the shop with the alchemy bench in the next room, not far from the armourer. Where else could I buy poison?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Just committed my first murder. A heathen, dishonorable bandit was looting the corpses of the townsfolk so I gave him a swift death.

And then proceeded to loot the corpses myself. Because I'm the fucking hero and I need all those apples and mushrooms!!!!!!

On a side note, stats seem to matter. Bandit blocked my attack with his weapon but still lost his balance. I'm assuming that's my Strength stat doing its job?

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Where do I get a horse? I missed the one I was supposed to get for a quest and just waltzed out of town on foot.
Buy one. There are 3 stud farms on the map. Check the horse's stats in-world, go to the shop NPC and pick one.
or
you are given one in the Neuhof Massacre quest we presented many times. A basic one.

Where do I get a horse? I missed the one I was supposed to get for a quest and just waltzed out of town on foot.
You can buy them at stud houses, but they're p expensive
Basic ones are worth 1000, maybe 1500 (Without additional equipment that is) which isn't that hard to amass.
I've encountered basically zero bugs up until now, but it's already the third time it crashes. Pls fix it, Smejki.

Aside from that, the game is great, so far I'm loving it.
If only I could do something with it. Programmer are hard at work, though. Any reliable repro would help of course.
Thanks for the lovin'

:love:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yea stats matter a lot I think. Say those 5 impossibru bandits you are given task to kill in ruins - I killed them recently and slept on their corpses. Shot one with a bow a few times, finished him and them used pernach to finish second one. Others were disoriented from all the improbable non euclidian bushes and bridges and died too. With my 8 STR, perk for +20% extra damage and perks like better blocking and reducing enemy stamina for attacking my shield, and 4 dots in Maces I club even armored foes relatively easy with all that stamina while wearing usually gambeson and some gloves boots and braces.

The trainer of Rattay still clubs me to oblivion even with heavy shield and armor while also breaking all my equipment to 0 with a wooden training stick.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane

Have you met the sith lord in the forest? I have never been schooled so hard in any game ever before.
Not yet but i ma not worried i discovered the secret about kingdom come combat: You need to use a gamepad, its a LOT easier to melee using a gamepad.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

DWFOKaSVAAE-tbX.jpg:large

I bought it a few min ago. Happy to support white supremacy. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom