Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The amount of cutscenes in this ''game'' is just obscene, I got burned out before I even got the chance to properly test the combat, no wonder it got so many low ratings, what is this a Telltale game? If Vavra wanted to make a movie, he should have made a fucking movie.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Looks like it's selling pretty well on steam so far:
RMdcdd7A_o.png

It's been in the Top 5 in the past two weeks. It's no. 1 since yesterday.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The amount of cutscenes in this ''game'' is just obscene, I got burned out before I even got the chance to properly test the combat, no wonder it got so many low ratings, what is this a Telltale game? If Vavra wanted to make a movie, he should have made a fucking movie.

Don't bitch, cutscenes are grate, will turn you into a more cultured man. Also necessary, to build the initial characters and plot otherwise people would whine about boooring and muh dragons. Vavra knew what he was doing.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Warhorse and Vavra are full of shit, they knew full well what a bug ridden mess the game was in, how performance was shit and that it was in no way ready for release, and they did it anyway... Now they they go on record saying that there are indeed bugs and they will be releasing patches.

Just another developer with anti consumer practices, releasing a broken game for full price.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sooo... it's already shit?
Well i am doing the tutorial and the very first quest, buying coal is bugged, impossible to interact with the merchant....Add to that you cant save when you want and theres loading screen before any dialog, so yes so far its pretty much shit.

Broseph, are you talking to the charcoal merchant in the tavern or his apprentice near the gambler outside? It’s the apprentice who sells you the coal.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
It should be possible to get very good frames per second on a pretty a not so hot PC as long as you turn the graphics to high or medium and maybe fiddle with antialiasing if necessary.

Inziladun

Magister
Fuck the haters, I've been playing on Xbox and this game is dope. The story is really well done, somehow managed to give me feels for the parents I already knew were going to die with only two cutscenes and an all too believable Dad lecture.

Darkzone

Arcane
Somehow I get the feeling that if this was the same game but released from Bethesda the reactions in here would be...quite different.
There are already problems within this sentence, like "the same game". Bethesda will never make a game about medieval europe that tries to capture this culture and if they would, then it would be tainted by progressive historical revisionism. So in this spirit the reaction would be quite different to a Bethesda game and rightfully so.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Bethesda will never make a game about medieval europe that tries to capture this culture
I don't think they will NEVER do that. If KCD does so well, they might do something similar. They'll do whatever there's money for so...

Mortmal

Arcane
Well i am doing the tutorial and the very first quest, buying coal is bugged, impossible to interact with the merchant....Add to that you cant save when you want and theres loading screen before any dialog, so yes so far its pretty much shit.

Broseph, are you talking to the charcoal merchant in the tavern or his apprentice near the gambler outside? It’s the apprentice who sells you the coal.
Of course i was talking to the apprentice, i had to restart everything to the begining just to make it work. It works now but i am really worried if it starts like that , could easily waste hours of gameplay and not even able to save whenever i want.The saving system is really a big problem .

Inziladun

Magister
Another thing. Lock-picking seems impossible with mouse and keyboard, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. It feels like you are supposed to be able to gently push the lock in one direction but the keyboard only has two settings; Zero or maximum trust. So when trying to push the lock it goes really fast without any possibility to correct the mouse. I hope I'm wrong on this and just doing it wrong, but I have tried a couple of times now and I can't seem to push the lock gently...

Oh well, back to the game.

I've been doing the exact thing you've been trying to do on the keyboard with a controller with no success. It seems like you're not supposed to gently work the lockpick and instead just trying to do rotate the lock as quickly as possible while maintaining the sweet spot. At least that's the only success i've had with it. Anytime I try to work it gently it all goes tits up.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

Of course i was talking to the apprentice, i had to restart everything to the begining just to make it work. It works now but i am really worried if it starts like that , could easily waste hours of gameplay and not even able to save whenever i want.The saving system is really a big problem .

They autosave you at important moments though, so you wouldn’t have to restart again.

Inziladun

Magister

You can steal the coal if you need to, it's right behind him.

Kuattro

Augur
It should be possible to get very good frames per second on a pretty a not so hot PC as long as you turn the graphics to high or medium and maybe fiddle with antialiasing if necessary.

8GB RAM, i5-7600, GTX 1060 3GB, very much a "not so hot PC", I'm getting 50-60 fps on the first hour of gameplay with medium. I'm even considering upping it to high because of how good it's going.

Of course people are talking about a noticeable drop in performance indoors and in big towns, and I haven neither been indoors nor in a big town yet. But for now, no complaints about performance.

Darkzone

Arcane
Bethesda will never make a game about medieval europe that tries to capture this culture
I don't think they will NEVER do that. If KCD does so well, they might do something similar. They'll do whatever there's money for so...
And that is also a part of the problem, they will make what sells and not what was historical correct.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oof... so after 2-3 hours of playing, I decided to refrain from doing so for at least a month (depending on the speed the patches come in).

The performance is just utterly inexcusable. I've set everything to low quality, and yet it is impossible to get stable 30+ fps, especially once more than two or three people are on the screen.
To the game's credit, it still looks fine, even when everything is set to "low".
But still, it barely helps FPS wise and shouldn't be necessary to begin with - my rig is even above the recommended specs. I'd argue on the minimal ones, it would be impossible to run this shoddily programmed thing.

The game itself actually seems like it could be fun. Single combat is quite enjoyable - I just have a feeling you'll never really have single combat but be forced to cheese like crazy with bows or kiting or some other stuff.
Fighting multiple enemies doesn't seem doable at all - which is realistic, sure, but what's the point in putting the player in such situations, then?

Of course, it is hard to judge the gameplay so far, since the game seems to consist of 60% cutscenes.

I've got a feeling the "drama" about no blacks in 1405 Bohemia is going to be the least of this game's problems.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane

You can steal the coal if you need to, it's right behind him.
Nothing else was interactable except stealing from the merchant himself and that triggers guard attacks immediately.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I've been playing for 6 hours straight. This game is total :incline:
Runs perfectly fine on Ultra settings on my i7-3770k, GTX 1060, 16GB RAM. Popping is almost unnoticeable. I haven't run into any major bug so far, just a few little things here and there. I decided to play Henry as a smooth-talking bruiser. Combat system is pretty cool and so far I've killed every enemy I came across (except Runt because he has plot armor). Lockpicking is easy, though I have no idea how console players could get good at it. It's really designed with the keyboard and mouse in mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom