Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
After the term got stuck as a defining genre, people started to to call old games retroactively "open world" or "FPS".

Wiki says GTA3 coined the term but I call BS. My memory is fuzz but I really think Bethesda is largely responsible for it, either with Morrowind or even later with Oblivion.

That UI compass is such a mistake. Instead of exploring you can't help to follow that fucking thing up there...

Heh I barely notice it. A while ago I was running around the castle looking for a bed and getting frustrated....and only after 15 minutes or so I remember there's a compass in this game and looked up. For me, personally, it's surprisingly non-intrusive.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anoyne got any idea how to switch on VSync in this game? It doesn't work even tho I have it on in my Radeon global settings.

There isn't the switch in the options and I haven't found any config.cfg either.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Jesus christ, just got to Talimberg or whatever the fuck and I got bombarded with a 30-40 minutes cutscene, almost forgot I was playing a damn game over here

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ugh... that game is technically rough, if you want to put it diplomatically.
Changed some graphics setting and now I'm suddenly stuck in a 1 minute+ loading screen.

And I only had to change them because of the horrible optimization. I never had to turn down settings for a game on my rig (Witcher 3, highest settings, no prob), but here, there's really no choice. Even with just medium settings, I am barely keeping above 20 fps, if at all.
Plus the motion blur is just ridiculous looking.

And judging from the other bug reports, I would seriously suggest anyone to wait a month or two. Especially those without monster rigs.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also looking for a config file... been all over the usual places but can't find any. Strange.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That UI compass is such a mistake. Instead of exploring you can't help to follow that fucking thing up there...

Heh I barely notice it. A while ago I was running around the castle looking for a bed and getting frustrated....and only after 15 minutes or so I remember there's a compass in this game and looked up. For me, personally, it's surprisingly non-intrusive.

I really hate it. Considering waiting until it can be removed somehow.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It will be great yet buggy game,just like ELEX and similar games.
the word you're looking for is 'eurojank'
see also:
technomancer(or pretty much any Spiders game)
All of those titles are still vastly superior compared to usjank like Mass Effect Andromeda or Fallout 4, which, as we all know, got refined to perfection and were completely flawless.

And its not just Arpgs. I believe in the past few years the majority of Codex Rpgotys came from Europe.:smug:
bioware is a canadian company
EA is not.

Divinity: Original Sin
After the term got stuck as a defining genre, people started to to call old games retroactively "open world" or "FPS".

Wiki says GTA3 coined the term but I call BS. My memory is fuzz but I really think Bethesda is largely responsible for it, either with Morrowind or even later with Oblivion.

Well, I don't know if the term was coined by the release of GTA3, but it was mostly associated with it. It was released in 2001 and morrowind on 2002. The term began to widely used around that time.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter

open world is probally a thing started with mmorpg. in particular the obsession with "seamless world with no loading screen" stuff.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I also don't get why developers still don't offer separate sliders for HDR and Bloom. I mean... seriously:
7ZDvYb5.jpg

Go outside if you've come seeking the light...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I really hate it. Considering waiting until it can be removed somehow.
Do the npc explain well where to go and what to do? Playing games like Skyrim without compass is retarded,only games where there is adequate explanation are fun without a compass.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Jesus christ, just got to Talimberg or whatever the fuck and I got bombarded with a 30-40 minutes cutscene, almost forgot I was playing a damn game over here

I'd just hit escape until it's over. I absolutely can't imagine what kind of person would enjoy this constant popamol watching but the little bit of gameplay in between seems rather acceptable, and for the rest there is the quest compass.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aand it crashed.
AaaN lost 30 minutes of progress.

I changed my mind. The save system is crap.

I5 4670
Gtx 1080
8 gb ram.

Thank xseed for releasing trails of cold steel tomorrow

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-go-to-new-thread.69258/page-178#post-5485582

Version is displayed in the menu:
1.0 = certified version (from mid-December)
1.1 = day 1 patch
1.2 = next patch (in the works, being finalised)

From this video it looks like v1.2 is already out?
It should be out on Steam, yes. It was actually wrapped up on Sunday. Console versions should follow in a few days (certification is required there)
any patchnotes?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/120...e-release-day-launch-trailer-and-reviews.html

PC Gamer In Progress:

The save system is... interesting

My worst gaming habit is quick-saving every five seconds. About to pick a lock? Quick-save. Moments away from a big fight? Quick-save. But in Kingdom Come, you have to drink booze called Saviour Schnapps to quick-save, which gets you drunk and is quite expensive to buy. So I just don't bother. I rely entirely on auto-saves, which happen at key points during quests, and sleeping. But you have to own or rent the bed you sleep on for it to save. It's a clunky, slightly arbitrary system, but does give your decisions more weight.

PCGamesN In Progress:

I am yet to complete the story but, so far at least, it’s well-written, with a cast of hearty, foul-mouthed characters who are very much products of the recent popularity of Game of Thrones. The protagonist, Henry, makes a forgettable first impression, but is slowly growing on me. He is enough of a blank slate that you can either play the bastard or the golden boy without any qualms.

This is an ambitious game, polished to perfection when it comes to atmosphere, but rough and cumbersome in many of its moment-to-moment interactions. I am yet to be convinced by the Oblivion-esque UI, too. Even so, learning Kingdom Come feels like a craft in itself. It is intimidating and beautiful, if disconcertingly unstable, and for all these reasons is worth more of our time.

IGN In Progress:

There’s a lot to take in and by my own estimate, I’m only a bit less than halfway through the main story. My overall impression so far is pretty positive. The amount of work that’s gone into the worldbuilding and depictions of medieval society (with a couple exceptions) is downright impressive. Little touches that ground me (like the fact that having dirt on your clothes lowers your persuasiveness when talking to the nobility, forcing you to actually do laundry sometimes) are highly appreciated and help transport me more fully to the era being depicted.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a miscarriage of justice to correct. Probably with a sword thrust to one or more faces.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun In Progress:

There’s a point where Kingdom Come’s rigour loses its novelty, and the game’s rough spots grow more pressing. Some of the milder hiccups are delightful in that usual open worldy fashion – at one point I beat a man senseless and stole his clothes, only for him to greet me gaily on the road a few moments later. Less forgivably, there are quirks like NPCs refusing to loose their remaining arrows in an archery competition, forcing you to throw the tournament. The landscape can also be unruly when you stray off-road. You’ll encounter fences topped with invisible walls, and hedges that spurn your advances where others pose no barrier – worse, you might end up trapped in one.

[...]

The measure of an open world is ultimately not the story it tells but whether you’re happy to kill time within it, and Kingdom Come: Deliverance offers plenty of ways to do that, even if a lot of them will, in fact, get you slaughtered. It isn’t the departure I was hoping for, thanks to a shortage of character to set against the nuance of its historical sandbox, but the grubby realism is a pleasant shock next to the tales of elves and dragons that are its nearest competition.

GameRevolution 4.5/5:

If you want a bug-free experience, don't get Kingdom Come. If you want an excellent, open-world RPG that feels like a hardcore version of an Elder Scrolls game, then don't hesitate. The fact that an indie studio was able to release this only four years after their Kickstarter is insane to me, and it's games like this that set the bar higher for AAA developers. Warhorse did a magnificent job crafting Kingdom Come: Deliverance with only a fraction of the funding that an Elder Scrolls game would receive, and I can't wait to see how it supports this game and what its future titles have in store for us.

GameSpew 90/100:

In Kingdom Come: Deliverance you're just a small cog in a reasonably big world, but your actions feel like they have worth and impact. You'll prove yourself to be helpful many a time, but often you'll have to rely on others for assistance, or to even do the job for you. It goes a long way to make the land of Bohemia a living, breathing place rather than just your personal playground, and I admire that. It's by no means free of frustration, but Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a special game. It's a game that isn't afraid of being different - of not holding the player's hand every step of their adventure - and for that, it's an experience to be treasured.

Hardcore Gamer 3.5/5:

Had the initial forty-to-fifty hour campaign not have delivered the level of bugs and problems present in the current build, you’d easily be looking at potentially one of the year’s best all-round experiences in an RPG and an essential for everyone no matter your affiliation with the genre. As it stands, visually, technically and mechanically sound its foundation is, Kingdom Come: Deliverance‘s performance is an unruly and occasionally unpredictable beast. Immersive and inviting it may be, it would be hard not to advise a level of caution going into this game in its current state — triumphs of its explorative aspects notwithstanding. Here’s hoping Warhorse can quickly absolve their game of these annoyances, because their debut outing more than deserves to be heralded and praised just as highly as Morrowind, Fallout: New Vegas or even The Witcher 3 as one of the best, worthwhile and more so unique RPGs to release in recent times.

Attack of the Fanboy 2.5/5:

Technical issues aside Kingdom Come: Deliverance is at best an ambitious game. There are flashes of brilliance in the implementation of Warhorse Studios' unique systems of the game, as it truly does have interestingly deep survival and progression elements. Though when you do take into account the technical issues it becomes a frustrating experience in which the bad completely outweighs the good.

GameWatcher 8/10:

In the end, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a very good and immersive title, but it suffers from technical issues and some surprisingly misguided design decisions. I was completely enthralled by the first three hours of the game, but the more I explored its systems, the more grating they became. It never stopped it from being a great title – and it occasionally recaptured that magical immersion from the first few hours – but its issues are so severe that they effectively ruined my enjoyment of what is an otherwise very good game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Honestly, the technical problem was the biggest drawback.

Having unable to save anytime and have the game crashing is Unacceptable.

I wont mind it of i have guarantee it wont crash.

As for 60 stable FPS, i think it is impossible unless you play in 480p or something.

Ok just installed and ran around the starting town a bit. Here are my performance impressions.

Playing on i5-2320 (3Ghz), 8GB DDR3 RAM and a GTX 1060 6GB. Installed on SSD.

Using High preset with textures set to Ultra. FPS 40-60. Playable enough if it doesn't get worse later. I couldn't find any AA options in menu but it seems pretty clear that TAA or something similar is always forced. Which is effective and fairly cheap AA but it tends to create slight ghosting and blur, making textures look a lot worse than they really are. It's why I added some sharpening from SweetFX. Looks much better with it in my opinion, and they really should add it as in game option or a lot of people might end up complaining about texture quality.

Sentinel

Arcane

"We'll be fixing framedrops :)"
Didn't I hear this exact thing during the beta?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom