Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

purpleblob

Savant
Their NWN:EE filters look worse than the original unfiltered, too. My blog screenshots of the Aielund Saga look better than the EE shots.

"Enhanced":

DotC02.jpg

Wait... is that what The Aielund Saga look like with the recent overhaul???

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
That is just an example of the EE filters. Aielund Saga: Enhanced Edition does not require the Enhanced Edition to run. You only need NWN:EE if you want Real Skies "4k" for skyboxes. But Real Skies 1.69 is a good enough update over pre-EE Aielund. Savant was just spurred into overhauling his Saga because of the announcement (taking back over from Balkoth). And he's done a fine job, too.

You can see clearly what's been added (and removed) here.

purpleblob

Savant
Awesome, I just saw this bit too:

Note that horses as mounts (for you and your companions) has been removed in v3.0:EE of Aielund (due to the potential for bug introduction). Balkoth is also currently working on a hack that will give you greater control of your companions, summons, familiars and animal companions.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New character models!

shot1.PNG

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/02/nwnee-8157-8158-patch-notes.html

NWN:EE 8157 & 8158 Patch Notes

Patches 8157 & 8158 introduce a number of bug fixes and Steam features in preparation for a beta on that platform.

An old friend returns with a new look! The brand new Aribeth character model will be available to view through Steam Workshop. This model sets the standard for future Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition content.

Love it? Hate it? Have an idea? Let us know in the Beamdog forums!

Known Issues
  • Server filters (“Localvault only, Max Ping, etc.”) still don’t work. We’re redoing these soon-ish as part of the new-and-better server list display.
Regression Fixes
  • Servers will now grey out properly when the version is mismatching. This also introduces a change from previous versions, where older server versions would not list at all.
  • PvP mode column again displays the correct value.
  • We fixed yet more audio issues related to clipping issues in OpenMP3. This hopefully takes care of all remaining issues.
Features
  • Steam: Support for Friends List through Steam. Support for Steam Workshop. Both are not available to beta testers, as Steam is not public yet.
  • MDL: Normals are read from ASCII files.
  • MDL: Tangents are read from ASCII files.
  • MDL: Animeshes now support TSB and thus normals & specular maps.
Configuration
New configuration keys in nwnplayer.ini:
[Server Options]
AttackBonusLimit=20
DamageBonusLimit=100
SavingThrowBonusLimit=20
AbilityBonusLimit=12
AbilityPenaltyLimit=30
SkillBonusLimit=50

NWScript
BootPC(object oPC, string sReason = “”) now takes an optional string that is displayed to the client being kicked off.

New Script Commands:
// Gets the attack bonus limit.
// - The default value is 20.
int GetAttackBonusLimit();

// Gets the damage bonus limit.
// - The default value is 100.
int GetDamageBonusLimit();

// Gets the saving throw bonus limit.
// - The default value is 20.
int GetSavingThrowBonusLimit();

// Gets the ability bonus limit.
// - The default value is 12.
int GetAbilityBonusLimit();

// Gets the ability penalty limit.
// - The default value is 30.
int GetAbilityPenaltyLimit();

// Gets the skill bonus limit.
// - The default value is 50.
int GetSkillBonusLimit();

// Sets the attack bonus limit.
// - The minimum value is 0.
void SetAttackBonusLimit(int nNewLimit);

// Sets the damage bonus limit.
void SetDamageBonusLimit(int nNewLimit);

// Sets the saving throw bonus limit.
void SetSavingThrowBonusLimit(int nNewLimit);

// Sets the ability bonus limit.
void SetAbilityBonusLimit(int nNewLimit);

// Sets the ability penalty limit.
void SetAbilityPenaltyLimit(int nNewLimit);

// Sets the skill bonus limit.
void SetSkillBonusLimit(int nNewLimit);

Mustawd

An old friend returns with a new look! The brand new Aribeth character model will be available to view through Steam Workshop. This model sets the standard for future Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition content.

Very nice. On the SCL forums there are some NWN modders talking a bit about NWN EE. They seem pretty excited by the prospects of the EE and the involvement of Beamdog with the community. I don't really buy into the fact that Beamdog can pull off an EE worth paying more shekels for, but these new character models are a step in the right direction.

Lhynn

Arcane
New character models!

shot1.PNG
Man, models used to leave a lot to the imagination.

Every time i looked at a character i saw its portrait and my mind filled the rest. I just saw this
3055032-aribeth.jpg

Now i look at her new model and all i see is
:prosper:

She has a nice rack there tho, so thats nice.

imweasel

Aribeth now looks like Emily Blunt with some pretty big hooters.
TrumpSmug.png

Anyway, I think i'll check the beamdog forum to see if the feminazis are already raging about Aribeth's new and improved boob plate.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
She looks all right. I agree with Mustawd, this is the first promising thing I've seen from NWN:EE.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Wow, they really want to take this a long-term thing, don't they?

Beamdog is looking for an experienced programmer to help us build the future of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. Your skill and expertise as a programmer will help us build a powerful, next-generation role playing platform that enables thousands of fans to create their own amazing Dungeons & Dragons adventures.

Mustawd

Seriously, guys? This doesn't scream male to you? Especially male elf?

MAribeth.png

Let's have a contest on which version has the more masculine jawline...

1114981318fullres.jpg

And no. The new 3D model is fine. Also, jesus, look at those cans. Nice ones, even if Tranny.

Sheeit....if you start thinking she has a penis codex will prolly buy the EE in droves.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Except they still look like shit. So far the only actual thing this shit does is have a new gamespy type thing. Is it including any of the must have functional mods from the community, like the prc? Does it add new classes that aren't available in the must have mods?

This is a useless scam that adds nothing new, while doubling the cost. I'll pay money for any new actual content they make, and if it doesn't work with the diamond edition I feel completely clear of conscience pirating this useless scam shit. Just compare the actual, functional improvements from BG:EE with the nonsense nothing they did for this. Its a scam. Its like Madoff telling people he was a thief scammer and half the idiots cheering to still give him money.

I can get tons of free mods that make the graphics go from shit to slightly less shitty shit. No amount of work on superficial aesthetic shit will make a game worth paying double the amount you can get the same shit for.

I also do not know why NWN was picked over NWN2. It seems like Tutu in reverse and using the BG1 engine in BG2. NWN2 has a better edition of D&D, better graphics, better and more comprehensive mods, way better persistent worlds, way better controls (that still suck too, but not nearly as bad as NWN), better companion system and no need to jump through hoops and spend hours doing weird shit in game to add a companion, more functional companions, and the ability to not have companions. Also better official content and campaigns.

Have all your minds been so indoctrinated with political bullshit that you now reject science and logic and reason?

Sabotin

Scholar
Wow, I was not expecting such remodels. I just wanted some more polys on the older stuff to get it to HotU quality and make it more uniform... That looks horrendous. Is it the normal maps that additionaly make it look blurry and plastic? Judgind by how the old models are made of parts clipping into eachother it must look even worse while moving.

So far the only graphical change I actualy like is the ambient occlusion.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Her face is hopw roewur ne. I used to have a classmate, at where I studied English, who looked exactly like Aribeth, I always found the zipper of my pants casually unzipped every time I saw her. Anyway, the new model does look like a transvestite and those that don't pass very well for that matter.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyway, the new model does look like a transvestite and those that don't pass very well for that matter.

So....:incline:?

Weeelll, not really. Isn't the fetishistic element of male transvestism the feminization of a man? When it's someone else viewing the act that is, not from the pov of the one who's performing it. She looks like she's trying to pass, which would make her an unsuccessful trap and that's a different fetish. She doesn't work on both counts, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom