Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
..3 parrots?

Parrot harvesting sure isnt what it used to be. Back when I was a kid we used to have manners and share our parrots with the less fortunate. People these days are only concerned about hoarding parrots and that is why the world is becoming a sick, sick place.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
..3 parrots?

Parrot harvesting sure isnt what it used to be. Back when I was a kid we used to have manners and share our parrots with the less fortunate. People these days are only concerned about hoarding parrots and that is why the world is becoming a sick, sick place.
Hahaha i wouldn't mind giving you a 1000 parrots,mate. Didn't knew that this app have a share function.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I'm sure we can expect the usual Beamdog quality from this "enhancement."

-Doesn't fix bugs that existed in the original game
-Introduces more bugs that take months or years to patch, if ever
-Broken multiplayer
-Breaks mods, including mods that fixed bugs in the original version that the EE doesn't and never will
-Redesigned interface features that are inferior to and clash with the original UI
-Nickel and dime DLC for characters, portraits, areas etc. of a significantly lower quality than anything in the main game and remind you that you paid 20$ for an inferior version of a game you already own

Beamdog are parasites and everything they touch turns to shit.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

They have so little to say on the progress front, that in their patch notes they talk about temporarily introduced bugs:

Two multiplayer bugs have been introduced and will only affect players for a short time

Cael

Arcane
I really hate to do this,but....Torment's EE was decent :cry:
What_Are_You_Thinking.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I really hate to do this,but....Torment's EE was decent :cry:

Still not the authoritative version. Also, color scheme of UI is inferior. All Beamdog EEs are aesthetically inferior to the originals, shown here.

pst%2Btitle%2Bchargen.jpg

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Their NWN:EE filters look worse than the original unfiltered, too. My blog screenshots of the Aielund Saga look better than the EE shots.

Original:

3%2Bcaptains%2Bcabin.jpg

"Enhanced":

DotC02.jpg

Original with shadows on:

4%2Bcaptain%2Bconvo.jpg

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I used decent as improvement from their other EE games not from the original. Still it have a few improvements for people that don't care/want/know about mods.
And yeah they do look worst then the originals.

Piotrovitz

Savant
I'm sure we can expect the usual Beamdog quality from this "enhancement."

-Doesn't fix bugs that existed in the original game
-Broken multiplayer
-Breaks mods, including mods that fixed bugs in the original version that the EE doesn't and never will
-Redesigned interface features that are inferior to and clash with the original UI
-Nickel and dime DLC for characters, portraits, areas etc. of a significantly lower quality than anything in the main game and remind you that you paid 20$ for an inferior version of a game you already own

Beamdog are parasites and everything they touch turns to shit.

The cherry on this shitcake is selling BG1/2 soundtracks for 10 euros.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
OMG saying something looks like shit, which NWN does and always did (and without shadows it's eye-gouging), makes you a graphic whore! Not a monocooled individual for sure!!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I'm just saying: the EE filters look worse than the original. Just like the Infinity EEs look worse than the originals. Beamdog is consistent in their lack of aesthetic taste.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom