Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is there an option to turn off the trail at least, for the masochists?

I also had a dream where the game had a "Realistic" difficulty setting, where the combat animations were closer to real-life, with no huge telegraphing movements before the hit, and the player had to actually react very fast to each move or risk serious injury/death.

Mods will fix it.

And i'm not even joking here. Unlike the puke made by Bethesda, which can't be fixed no matter how much people try, this games seems to be something that could be improved by modding, since the basics are already quite good. Kinda like Stalker.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Scripted mission?

kingdom_come_deliverance_0-1200x504.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I also had a dream where the game had a "Realistic" difficulty setting, where the combat animations were closer to real-life, with no huge telegraphing movements before the hit, and the player had to actually react very fast to each move or risk serious injury/death.

Mods will fix it.

And i'm not even joking here. Unlike the puke made by Bethesda, which can't be fixed no matter how much people try, this games seems to be something that could be improved by modding, since the basics are already quite good. Kinda like Stalker.

Hmmmm... Misery for Kingdom Come.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Mods will fix it.

Hmmmm... Misery for Kingdom Come.

That's what i'm hoping. For some spergy slav to make some hard core lol realism mod. I like my masochism pure and unadulterated, and you know commercial considerations will always prevent even so called "simulations" to go full autism. You need modders for that.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Kai Rosenkranz really did masterful work with that Gothic music, damn. I hated how intrusive the combat music was though. I am curious to hear the music transition system in KCD.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath

There are no trails in the latest gameplay video so maybe it's possible to turn them off

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
a) a reticle
Nothing wrong with reticle, you can easily disable it in options if you don't want it. Real world archer knows direction of arrow, thus there is a reticle in his head.

b) strong in-game missed-hit feedback (doesn't work well enough with heavy foliage)
Do you simulate deflection and penetration?

This is really not a case of popamoling-up KCD. Everybody in the studio had a problem with our archery as there was very little feedback outside practice target shooting. With no feedback comes no way to correct one's aiming. Moreover a missed hit will still likely put you in a dangerous situation. But now you can actually learn how to handle the bow.
Actually if you didn't hit the person in eye or vitals, they still went after you, even dealing ultimately killing blow solved nothing. Which is one of reasons why people preferred muskets over bows.

BTW how many czechs died on plague in 1380, and how many moravians?

A mimochodem to je vtip že si někdo stěžoval na to že ve hře není ani jeden černej? A ještě to dokládal nějakýma obrázkama z Polska? Diď by černýho zabili, každý si pamatuje jaký to byli xenofobové za středověku.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think there's the hunger and thirst mechanics, yeah.

Afaik there aren't any modes, not even difficulty settings, just like in Dark Souls. I can hear the konsoletards' wailing form two weeks away.

Sentinel

Arcane
that's good news
game is looking pretty sweet
hope modding isn't restricted to texture swaps

"Our game will support modding. We plan to release most if not all of our game making tools and to actively support modding community."

https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/c/modding
February 2014
Last I heard, IIRC, the message was "We'll think about modding after release, no promises" - paraphrasing of course. I think it was from the reddit AMA.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
that's good news

"Our game will support modding. We plan to release most if not all of our game making tools and to actively support modding community."

Hot damn.
You understand some really competent game developers are using tools that are about as nice to work with as Blender. Right? Of course Blender is really powerful tool, it just need two years of experience. Game developers are typically writing tools that require analytic brain to use.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I would not expect miracles from modding support. I am sure they want to release some tools, but there is big chasm between wanting it and actually getting them to a state usable by the public. CDP wanted it too, but in the end only released modkit and not the full redkit.
Of course, I do hope Warhorse release some good toolset, I am just not counting on it.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
that's good news

Hot damn.
You understand some really competent game developers are using tools that are about as nice to work with as Blender. Right? Of course Blender is really powerful tool, it just need two years of experience. Game developers are typically writing tools that require analytic brain to use.

Blender doesnt need 2 years of experience, so do Maya,3dsmax, modo or any other 3d modelling software. You just have to read the blender manual, write down the hotkeys, memorize it and you will be fine. Blender 3d modelling is as good as any software, it lacks in lighting, rendering engine and animations, but not in 3d modelling.

Sentinel

Arcane
Wouldn't expect it to be a big hit if I were you. Medieval settings without fantasy are kind of a hard sell. Mount & Blade only got "huge" because it's sold at 3€ and has an incredible mod community.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wouldn't expect it to be a big hit if I were you. Medieval settings without fantasy are kind of a hard sell. Mount & Blade only got "huge" because it's sold at 3€ and has an incredible mod community.

I think you give the masses too much credit. Do people really like Skyrim because it has dragons and fireballs? Any time casuals talk about it, they love that it’s an immersive hiking simulator. “Much immersive, so trees!” They may well love Kingdom Come: Deliverance for all the wrong reasons. If this game ends up being a blockbuster it will be because it’s got great foliage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom