Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nice game intros

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

catfood

AGAIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStn70Ot4r0

I like all the foreshadowing in this one.
Worst intro in videogaming history. That's not foreshadowing. That's giving away the entire plot. In a game about conspiracies they tell you what the conspiracy is right at the very beginning. Luckily the first time I played I had a pirated copy so the intro did not play and I was able to truly enjoy the ride.

Max_b5

Augur
:hmmm:

Chill dude, I just think it's nice. I agree it gives away an important part of the plot, but whatever.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I particularly love these mentioned here earlier: Age of Empires 2, Dark Souls, Dungeon Keeper, Dawn of war, Red Alert 1, 2, Diablo 1, 2, Battlefield 1942, Tiberian Dawn, Mark of Chaos, Shadow of Chernobyl and Nox. You guys have all my favorites covered.

Here's another one I love, even though I don't particularly care for the game itself which is a simple on-rails shooter:

Last edited:

Walden

Savant

:dance:

BPf1mHa.png

Axe Father

Savant
Bill Rizer and his sex robot do battle with robots and helicopters to the dulcet tones of Akira Yamaoka going full metal on your ass

MEPHISTOPHELES INDUCES YOU INTO HELL

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Those were the good'ol days.

I kinda liked this one a lot.

I may have fapped on this one.

Couldn't fint old Raptor shoot'em up into, liked that one as well.

Old Republic and Assassins Creed intros are worth mentioning. Those intros/trailers are better than games...

Deathsquid

Learned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStn70Ot4r0

I like all the foreshadowing in this one.
Worst intro in videogaming history. That's not foreshadowing. That's giving away the entire plot. In a game about conspiracies they tell you what the conspiracy is right at the very beginning. Luckily the first time I played I had a pirated copy so the intro did not play and I was able to truly enjoy the ride.
Wow, same. My "copy" didn't have the intro and I was blissfully unaware of the enormous plot spoilers. Imagine my surprise when I got a "proper" copy and this thing popped out. Whoever thought this was a cool and subtle idea to put right at the start?

And yeah, that isn't foreshadowing.

Foreshadowing is like a gun hanging on the wall. This is more like a thousand guns pointed at the head of the character that's gonna die, with BANG! popping out of their barrels and Xs painted over the character's goddamned eyes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom