Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG of the year?

Which rpg is the best this year?

• ELEX

Votes: 59 18.1%
  • Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

Votes: 56 17.2%
  • Expeditions: Viking

Votes: 23 7.1%
  • Divinity:Original sin 2

Votes: 92 28.2%
  • South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Spellforce 3

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • The Surge

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Nier: Automata

Votes: 20 6.1%
  • Galaxy of Pen & Paper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pyre

• Cat Quest

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hand of Fate 2

• Battle Chasers: Nightwar

• Mages of Mystralia

• Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • West of Loathing

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • Vaporum

• Seven: The Days Long Gone

• Demons Age

• Hyakki Castle

• The Keep

• Willy-Nilly Knight

• Ticket to Earth

• Devoid of Shadows

• Children of Zodiarcs

• Fall of Light

• Mass Effect: Andromeda

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • QueenComrade!!!

Votes: 27 8.3%

• Total voters

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Since Twitcher 3 and AoD were battling out for GOTY 2015 and were almost tied, nobody should be surprised that people are voting for non-RPGs on a poll for RPGOTY. How the mighty have fallen.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Since Twitcher 3 and AoD were battling out for GOTY 2015 and were almost tied, nobody should be surprised that people are voting for non-RPGs on a poll for RPGOTY. How the mighty have fallen.

It's a real shame Grimoire turned out to be a bit meh, it would have been nice to see how a properly made 'good old blobber' would compete in this kind of situation. As it is, Grimoire's baggage and buggage almost exactly evens out the hype and memes. Now, if you'll be so kind as to excuse me, I'll try on these fabulously optimistic glasses and postulate that maybe Bard's Tale 4 will be the game to do this?

Nah, whom'I'tryn'ta'kid

:troll:

Shin

Cipher
Not really surprised Codex picks D:OS2 over Elex

Because most here prefer turn based isometric(ish) over an action RPG? Don't get me wrong; ELEX came out of the blue for me and I really liked it but it's strengths didn't outweigh it's shitty action rpg combat. I didn't play Grimoire yet (not sure if the manual is out yet) but it did inspire me to play Wizardry 6 so there's that.

circ

Arcane
Do we honestly have few people that think Andromeda is goty? Hope that they are just trolling.
10886.jpg

It sucks though. Worst game he's ever played.
Actually I haven't played it. I did watch a dozen funny youtube videos about its issues though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Do we honestly have few people that think Andromeda is goty? Hope that they are just trolling.
10886.jpg

It sucks though. Worst game he's ever played.
Actually I haven't played it. I did watch a dozen funny youtube videos about its issues though.
:negative: I did played it.....a bottle of 70 degrees Rakija made it almost tolerable. Good thing is that after a few glasses my memory became hazy.

Red Rogue

Learned
A hack n slash action game like Nier gets a spot, but Persona 5 doesn't?

I'd understand if you excluded eastern games but that's almost as bad as saying Yakuza 0 is more RPG than just a beat em up.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

I'd understand if you excluded eastern games but that's almost as bad as saying Yakuza 0 is more RPG than just a beat em up.

Let me just check the Steam page for Perso- oh wait it's not there. :M

Red Rogue

Learned

Let me just check the Steam page for Perso- oh wait it's not there. :M

Ah, a good point.

Sometimes I forget this is a board for primarily computer rpgs, not western rpgs.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
The best RPG of this, the Year of Our Lord, 2017? Without question, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. There, I said it. The Nipponese brain is inscrutable and child-like yet fascinating and complex far beyond the mind of mere mortal occidental Man. If you have trouble with elaborate puzzles of physics and logic that are required to progress in and ultimately complete a game, YOU MUST AVOID THIS! It is simply one of the most evil RPGs ever devised in that arena. You have been warned. Steam-punk is passé, but what about water-punk? Vah Ruta is the one and true God of RPGs.

Phil Fish - go fuck yourself. Japanese games DO NOT suck (sometimes).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo in spite of the terrible goty poll,does anyone fells like voting?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom