Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Xmas Steam Sale 2017, good games.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Only list stuff you know is a good game and has a good sale price:

I'll start:

Blackguards (about a dollar)
Divine Divinity (about a dollar)
Aarklash Legacy (about a dollar)
Orcs Must Die! (few dollars)
Dark Messiah Might and Magic (few dollars)
Slipstream 5000 (bout a dollar)
Trine Enchanted Edition (few dolla)

Some others all about a dollar or so:
Thief Gold
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Deus Ex GOTY
Battlestations: Midway

flabbyjack

Arcane
Thief (the new one) finally down to $5, which is still a bit more than it is worth but hey why not.

There's also a shit ton of new jRPGs, 3D ones... they all look like crap, but I'm sure there is a gem buried in there somewhere. Bell-curve statistics demands it.

Last edited:

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
the hbs shadowrun games are usually on sale for 3 dollars when there's any kind of sale.

not RPG but AoE2 is on sale for 5 dollars.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Wow, Expeditions: Conquistador for only 3.99. I bought it for 5.99. That's a great deal for a terrific game.

hackncrazy

Savant
Why pretty much every game recommended in this thread has "Mixed" reviews on Steam? The popamoles can't handle the incline?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Why pretty much every game recommended in this thread has "Mixed" reviews on Steam? The popamoles can't handle the incline?
Weirdly enough, Dead State which has mixed reviews on this forum has a great rating on Steam. Anyways, it's $4.99. If you're dying for an RPG, I would recommend it. It's worth a few hours of play before it becomes a repetitive bore-fest.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oknytt for .9 bucks, great for fans of point-and-click adventure games.

Thief (the new one) finally down to $5, which is still a bit more than it is worth but hey why not.

I got my copy for $1.25 about a year ago.

Still too high a price for the game.

sser

Arcane
Developer
games are for kids and degenerates and gays

this sale is shit

everything is shit

grow up bitch

fuck christmas

ho fucking ho cunt

tSDAr5s.jpg

:hero:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Because "steamtards" is a word made for a good reason.
More Commandos-likes on Steam, all really cheap:
Desperados - http://store.steampowered.com/app/260730/Desperados_Wanted_Dead_or_Alive/
Ignore the mixed reviews they're all playable on newer systems.
Play Desperados, it cures cancer.
and THIS is one of the MANY reasons why.
They bought/borrowed (for eternity?) a massive amount of digital products and can't appreciate good one even if it come to live and kick their dumb assess.

You might think the more they consume the more their taste and knowledge shape. Well, bollocks...

"Mixed" reviews are given to the games with some issues and problems. Some people might turn a blind eye on them to enjoy the game the way no other game deliver, like good ol' classic they played to death?

Not to mention cases of games that are different from the waves of clones in AAA and indie segment. They do something in different way than their beloved GoTY title? NEGATIVE RATING, that will show them! And it do, people see "Mixed" rating and go elsewhere...

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I always assumed "Mixed" equates to "Too shitty even for the average steamtard". Points in my case: Conan Exiles, Elite Dangerous.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some random games I like that have a nice sale going:

Underrail is 60% off (5,67 euro). Worth it I would say if you don't already have it.
IL2 Sturmovik 1946 has a 75% sale (2,49 euro). Still the best WW2 sim (In my opinion at least).
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 has a deep sale as well. 75% off (6,24 euro). Fun WW2 RTS, very fun in co-op too, and you can try out my mod!
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has a brutal 85% off (7,49 euro). I know I know, not everyone likes nu-Deus Ex, but I found it entertaining and at this price you can't go wrong.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Everybody should purchase basically any Falcom game (Except for Tokyo Xanadu).
Fun, wholesome JRPGs of all kinds and flavors. Great prices.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Nihon Falcom

Ys- Fast paced action RPGs. Great music, great combat.
HdPwrE6.jpg

Xanadu Next - Slower paced action RPG, great feeling of exploration and atmosphere that reminded me of Vagrant Story.
fXOQ4X8.jpg

Trails series - Long running series of turn-based JRPGs with a charming setting.
DcyligR.jpg

Zwei - Silly comedy focused ARPG. The prequel is coming out soon, too.
ZEotzFM.jpg

I especially recommend Oath in Felghana:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207320/Ys_The_Oath_in_Felghana/

It is absolutely dirt cheap, and is one of the best games in the Ys series - an excellent introduction to the franchise imho.

Last edited:

Starwars

Arcane
Some random games I like that have a nice sale going:

Underrail is 60% off (5,67 euro). Worth it I would say if you don't already have it.
IL2 Sturmovik 1946 has a 75% sale (2,49 euro). Still the best WW2 sim (In my opinion at least).
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 has a deep sale as well. 75% off (6,24 euro). Fun WW2 RTS, very fun in co-op too, and you can try out my mod!
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has a brutal 85% off (7,49 euro). I know I know, not everyone likes nu-Deus Ex, but I found it entertaining and at this price you can't go wrong.

I'm probably gonna get Mankind Divided, but how are the DLCs? Worth getting or not?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Only played Criminal Past. It's really good. Stand alone, feels more like an expansion than a DLC. Takes place before the events of Mankind.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Tokyo Xanadu is shit and derivative. Just a weird Persona clone with an alpha-version of the Ys 8 combat system.

Anyway - Xanadu Next is fantastic. You get a big island to explore with lots of interconnecting dungeons underneath. You really should give it a shot.
If you want a hint of the atmosphere the game provides, give this a listen:

The combat is kinda like Diablo, except there is a bigger focus on animation speed and the direction from which you attack. (IE don't spam slow-moving attacks or you'll be leaving yourself open, attack enemies from behind to score critical hits). I know it's not a popular thing to say, but it did really remind me kinda of Dark Souls' combat feeling.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom