Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Repressed Homosexual
There will never be a better example in history as to why microtransactions should be completely banned.

If you pay for a game, it should be ALL yours, and NOTHING ELSE should be constantly nickel and dimed to you.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

S> Moon
c59e3e9d61.png
Some oil arab prince and his friends must be hooked into SC. I honestly can't imagine anyone else buying something so frivolous for so much money.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Derek Smart says it’s used for money laundering although I think he kinda misunderstands how ML is supposed to work. Or maybe I’m missing something in his argument.

I'm not sure either what DS means. One specific case I can imagine is the following:

There are some whales constantly spending huge amounts of money for SC for the following purpose: so they can deduct these donations from the taxes. Maybe behind the scenes CIG is giving them back a part of their donations. Which would make the overall loss less than if they had to pay taxes. Both parties win.

This is however pure speculation. But maybe this project still exists because of that?

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Chris Roberts is a genius visionary. Up to now not enough was paid to make his vision into something tangible.

We all need to pay more bros. Just buy that plot of land on Uranus. You can use it for residential space or commercial.

Derek Smart says it’s used for money laundering although I think he kinda misunderstands how ML is supposed to work. Or maybe I’m missing something in his argument.
I don't think Derek is very smart. He's an opportunist. He's trying to build a career out of conspiracy theories about a game that is obviously either a scam or poorly managed. It doesn't take much intelligence to tear something down - especially if it's something so obviously flawed. Why anyone bothers listening to him is beyond me.

Deleted member 7219

Game still isn't out, the story-based Squadron 42 still isn't out, and they keep adding more features - and ways to get player cash. Anyone who still thinks this isn't a scam needs to open their eyes. They really should have released the game by now and added player housing in as an expansion pack. The fact they're doing this now does not strike me with confidence they have any intention of releasing the game. Why would they? It makes much more business sense to keep it in never-ending development and keep the cash flowing in.

Dexter

Arcane
I don't think Derek is very smart. He's an opportunist. He's trying to build a career out of conspiracy theories about a game that is obviously either a scam or poorly managed. It doesn't take much intelligence to tear something down - especially if it's something so obviously flawed. Why anyone bothers listening to him is beyond me.
Derek Smart Was Right.

Derek Smart Was Right.
And?
"Hey guise, X kickstarter game with known poor management is probably shit. $250m, years overdue - probably a scam!"
"Oh, lambchop! Such a genius! +1 follow!"
:roll:

Repressed Homosexual
Why are people shitting on Derek Smart? He's been right about almost everything so far, and he has a lot of experience making all-encompassing space flight sims. Sure his games were very barren and low budget, but they actually shipped out and had their fanbase. If anyone can know exactly why Star Citizen is unsustainable, it's him, because no other person on earth as has much experience in making these sorts of games.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Why are people shitting on Derek Smart? He's been right about almost everything so far, and he has a lot of experience making all-encompassing space flight sims. Sure his games were very barren and low budget, but they actually shipped out and had their fanbase. If anyone can know exactly why Star Citizen is unsustainable, it's him, because no other person on earth as has much experience in making these sorts of games.
What about Chris Roberts? He has major industry experience.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Dual Universe after few months and fraction of the budget SC has, is already doing what SC cannot do after 5 years.

Anyone with half common sense should just forget about SC and go play DU, DU will be the 'real deal'

potatojohn

Arcane

Dual Universe after few months and fraction of the budget SC has, is already doing what SC cannot do after 5 years.

Anyone with half common sense should just forget about SC and go play DU, DU will be the 'real deal'

That RCS fire doesn't seem to correspond to the movements the ships are making.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

That RCS fire doesn't seem to correspond to the movements the ships are making.

dude that's like pre alpha of few months

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom