Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I simply refuse to reward wannabe-movie directors with my euroshekels, no matter how much heartblood they poured into the acting and cinematography.

The game industry is a fucking bubble about to face a healthy creative destruction.
You've bought plenty of shitty cinematic games before, Morgoth.

Zenith

Arbiter
Everyone's favorite Polygon writer wrote an article about how not buying this game will kill single player gamers without DLC/lootbox/etc.
"If you don't buy Rayman, they won't make Beyond Good & Evil 2!"
"If you don't buy Deus Ex: The Fall, the immersive sim genre will die out!"
"If you don't buy Wolfenstein 6, singleplayer games are fucking over!"
Yeah, OK. Totally consumer's fault there.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Everyone's favorite Polygon writer wrote an article about how not buying this game will kill single player gamers without DLC/lootbox/etc.
"Yeah, mate, you totally need to buy this shitty game or the world will end, despite thousands of games released on steam every year. Do you get my totally cool logic?"

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Between seeing sjw singleplayer games and singleplayer games being napalmed for the next few years,i will take the second option. Better to have total destruction than giving an centimetre to this creatures! It is real shame that most singleplayer games mediocre at best.

ultimanecat

Arcane
The difference is that CoD has multiplayer. This is a 10 hour single player cinematic FPS coming out the same day as Mario and AssCreed.

This game would be lucky to stay in the top 10 longer than a week or two, and that’s before they doubled down on their dumb marketing campaign.

Edit: Just like Ghostbusters before it though, reviewers can’t help but try to overstate how good a mediocre product is because it’s failure reminds them how little influence they actually have.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The difference is that CoD has multiplayer. This is a 10 6 hour single player cinematic FPS coming out the same day as Mario and AssCreed.

This game would be lucky to stay in the top 10 longer than a week or two, and that’s before they doubled down on their dumb marketing campaign.

Edit: Just like Ghostbusters before it though, reviewers can’t help but try to overstate how good a mediocre product is because it’s failure reminds them how little influence they actually have.

Kitchen Utensil

Cutscenes really are the worst, especially in FPSs. I can tolerate or even appreciate them in small amounts and when they're good, but holy shit have they become overabundant. There must be dozens of mechanically decent singleplayer games of various genres I haven't bought over the last decade or two because of this continuing trend. And it just doesn't go away.

:negative:

Last edited by a moderator:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Watching this game made me actually sick. Maybe I can recover with 10 hour session of Somberlain posts.
Really? Why would you say that?

kCunatC.jpg

(from the trailer)

DeepOcean

Arcane
Jesus, Hearts of Iron IV having more players than a Bethesda game at launch? Man, I'm laughing so hard with glee, you can't even imagine. :lol:

Zer0wing

Cipher
For someone from a freezer who only touched Wolf3D and nothing else, is it good? Is TNO good?

BTW, these low numbers on TEW2 and topic's subject sure bring nice warm to hearth after awful TES5 and FO4 getting so much attention and love from players.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
For someone from a freezer who only touched Wolf3D and nothing else, is it good? Is TNO good?

BTW, these low numbers on TEW2 and topic's subject sure bring nice warm to hearth after awful TES5 and FO4 getting so much attention and love from players.
TNO is 'okay. Shooting is decent but there's precious little of it. Cutscenes (not as bad as this abomination) and a lot of shitty walking around parts a la Half-Life 2. The best Wolf game is 'Return.'

DeepOcean

Arcane
kCunatC.jpg

WTF am i looking at here?
Really funny that this character saves you on the beginning of the game and the game shows her villain mom doing some hard fat shamming so you are supposedly to emphasize with her then, you know, "cuz she is white and german, fuck those crackers!" so she must be reduced to a laughing stock of secretly wanting a nigga cock, of course this goes contrary with the "everybody can be Wonder woman" the left runs on. Can someone please call Anita Bullshitean? Where is she when the right of virtual people are offended? Oh, no... she is white, only virtual black women have rights and must feel empowered, such bad.

You know, those SJW idiots aren't that good at consistency, you know, their #savethelandwhales and #niggapower activism sometimes get wired up on their conflicting heads and so they can't choose a priority with some "interesting" results.

Ash

Arcane
I simply refuse to reward wannabe-movie directors with my euroshekels, no matter how much heartblood they poured into the acting and cinematography.

The game industry is a fucking bubble about to face a healthy creative destruction.
You've bought plenty of shitty cinematic games before, Morgoth.

Don't mock. It's funny I'll give you that, but he's inclined. Brofist instead.

Says the guy who enjoyed Kingdom of Amalur and Fallout 4?
Neither of those games have much, if anything, in the way of cinematics. Fallout 4 is actually a very solid FPS.

Very solid is a stretch. But it at least is fucking gameplay-centric rather than cinematics, linearity, uber-banality. Still a fucking sellout disgrace of a game and no true RPG, but there really isn't a lot of alternatives in both the modern aRPG scene and FPS scene. I'd probably play it again before I'd ever touch PREY again (which is also no RPG or true "Immersive Sim"). At least FO4 has enemy and weapon variety. Yet both are disappointments at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The shooting/gunplay in FO4 is very fluid and quite good. Yes, the story and quests are moronic but that's neither here nor there for an FPS. At the very least it provides more than four or five hours of content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom