Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Robespierre

Madame Guillotine
Patron
It's Kitten Time at the GreatCrystalShrine
Make the Codex Great Again!
Sorry.

Forgot:

:troll:

Dhou nout woly maï boubelaï Aïe f'cot ïou koff'red
1200x768_manuel-valls-29-janvier-2017-apres-victoire-benoit-hamon-primaire-gauche

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Sorry, bro. I don't speak third-world.

I wish Codemaster had some racing games that were a little less sim-like every time they have a sale like this.

Anybody know what I'm looking for?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
1994 shareware puzzle game God Of Thunder is coming to Steam, presumably by its author:

ss_5f025c80d33bc5e14872ba192a5fd6a6a1d7319e.600x338.jpg

The year is 927 A.D. (as mortals reckon time) and the Almighty ODIN has summoned you, his faithful and heroic son, to The Great Hall of Asgard. Armed with only your enchanted hammer and considerable wits, you must journey to Midgard and destroy Jormangund!
  • Three full episodes, each with their own story and end boss.
  • Many evildoers and improbably placed puzzles bar your way.
  • Wacky townsfolk help you along your way with cryptic clues, helpful tips and (supposedly) funny quips.
  • Completely unnecessary treasures to pick up that do nothing but raise your pointless score.
  • Tons of annoying sound effects, made mostly with the programmers mouth. Thankfully, they can be turned off.
  • It's free and downloads in 5 seconds. Why are you reading this?
God of Thunder runs in DOSBox under Windows. Everything is included and no install or setup is required. A controller should work if it is compatible with DOSBox, but it only supports two buttons.

The full manual and hint book are included in the install.

It was written with Turbo C and Turbo Assembler, and uses VGA Mode X.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why, hello there. I thought this was removed.

The base game costs €0.99, then there's a deluxe edition that costs €46, but it has a great discount of 40%..

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Winter Wolves Classic Games Collection, a collection of weird old games from the developer that now is known for visual novel/RPG hybrid:

This is a collection of classic games we made several years ago, but that we believe at current price point it's still worth purchasing. For only 4.99 you'll get:
  • Universal Boxing Manager - Very detailed boxing management simulation. Manage up to 6 boxer in 17 weight categories.
  • TV Station Manager - Run your own TV channel. Buy or Sell rights to display programs on your TV. Arrage everything into the weekly schedule. Make your own TV Show with the "Production Studio".
  • The Goalkeeper - Play in the role of a goalkeeper. 2D arcade or strategy simulation of the matches.
  • Universal Soccer Manager 1 and 2 - very fast soccer management simulations.
  • Vera Blanc 1 & 2 - detective/mystery visual novels with western comic art
  • Supernova: Galactic Wars - a mix of strategy with arcade shooter
Please note that because they're very old games they're no longer updated. There's no achievements or cloud save support. Sorry about that. They've been tested and work fine under Windows 10 though.

Vibalist

Arcane
Maybe it was mentioned, but Deus Ex Mankind Divided is free to play for the next 24 hours. It's also on sale until October 27th (at least in my region).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Piko Interactive, the publisher that brought Super 3-D Noah' Ark and Alien Rampage on Steam, today re-released Imagitec's games.

Daemonsgate - I don't think I've ever heard good things about this

ss_0c4f2fcd52227363a831f12fe258403c615c2c98.600x338.jpg

ss_e253383eff10cdfc7105afe7b0a86a1f4ccdde0f.600x338.jpg

Daemonsgate is a fantasy role-playing game in which you play the role of a young hero who is the only hope left of saving the besieged city Tormis. It is surrounded by demonic hordes so it’s no easy task! The goal is to search the land of Hestor for a wise wizard possessing knowledge necessary to stop the invading demon army.

You start off all by yourself at the "Pigge and Ballbearing" inn located within the city. ou can converse with many non player characters, the innkeepers tend to be more knowledgeable - so they can be a valuable source of information.

There are a few minor subplots and distractions from the main task as your journey progresses. But the game is event driven so there is no passing task X before completing task Y first. The game uses three-quarters overhead perspective and boasts a conversation system with over 70,000 words.

Prophecy I - The Viking Child

ss_2527328519c48c48cf70c79a1b00d0e50402bc44.600x338.jpg

King's Table - The Legend of Ragnarok

ss_758c74ec16cb022231935df5dfaf8918971e405c.600x338.jpg

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
King's Table - The Legend of Ragnarok

The white team has a total of 13 pieces, the most important one being Odin the King, who starts in the centre of the 10x10 board and moves in the same way as a chess King, whereas black has 20 pawns and four other pieces. White wins if Odin can reach one of the corner squares; black wins if it surrounds Odin on all 4 sides. The pawns actually move the same way as chess queens, but pieces are captured by surrounding them on 2 sides (although some special pieces must be surrounded on 3 sides). The specials are chosen from the selection at the start of the game, and have a variety of abilities, some 'borrowed' from chess.

:philosoraptor:

Sentinel

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom