Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Seethe

Arbiter
Oh god no, it can't be..
Did Larian go after the bioware audience?

No. Bioware romance is worse by far. It's full of aggravating witty puns, and characters trying to one-up each other in who makes the most "creative" sexual innuendos. No one talks like that before they have sex, which can only lead to one conclusion regarding Bioware. The Dragon Age Inquisition ones made me want to hide under the desk out of second hand embarrassment. Larian's is mildly awkward, covered mostly by he narrator, and no fail animations are involved. But then again the only Romance I've encountered are Fane and the Red Prince with The Red Princess. Not sure how good or bad are the other ones. The Fane one genuenly made me laugh though, and it came out of nowhere.
The sex scenes are definitely better in DOS 2 than any bioware game, it's just that the romance build up is really lame.
The existence of "sex scenes" at ALL means that Swen has become a false prophet.

At all? Even straight ones? Prude motherfuckers are nearly as bad as SJWs who bitch about the presence of revealing women and whores in GTA. Don't be ridiculous as to be offended by this kind of shit. If you don't like it, play games that are tagged as E for Everyone.

Take your popamole normalfag shit back to your faggot mediums like movies and television. Sex scenes have no place in incline mechanics systems that are about gameplay.

Ah, it's all clear to me now. Unironically using "normalfag" as an insult and bitching about evil sex can only conclude you're a kissless virgin. And this is an RPG. You know, those story driven games? There's a place for literally everything. Even genocide and rape. I can't help but notice that against you I am using the same arguments I use against SJWs. Huh, how fucking interesting.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Ah, it's all clear to me now. Unironically using "normalfag" as an insult and bitching about evil sex can only conclude you're a kissless virgin. And this is an RPG. You know, those story driven games? There's a place for literally everything. Even genocide and rape. I can't help but notice that against you I am using the same arguments I use against SJWs. Huh, how fucking interesting.
No, RPG's are driven by their mechanics and the gameplay systems behind them. Shitty popamole wearing the skin of an rpg is story driven. You probably play visual novels with taste this shit.

Seethe

Arbiter
No, RPG's are driven by their mechanics and the gameplay systems behind them. Shitty popamole wearing the skin of an rpg is story driven. You probably play visual novels with taste this shit.

If that were true, RPG Codex wouldn't kiss Planescape Torment's ass 24/7.

And no, 90% of the games I play are turn based and strategy. Which is exactly the main reason why I play this game right now. You are free to keep speculating like a cretin, though.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Clearly the definitive voice for every single individual that posts here.

Clearly I never said that. Clearly I was talking about the majority. In case your stupid ass doesn't know, it's poll driven.
So appeal to popularity is what you're going for? It's well known that list is full of popamole. Shit like dragon age and twitcher on it.

Seethe

Arbiter
Clearly the definitive voice for every single individual that posts here.

Clearly I never said that. Clearly I was talking about the majority. In case your stupid ass doesn't know, it's poll driven.
So appeal to popularity is what you're going for? It's well known that list is full of popamole. Shit like dragon age and twitcher on it.

Yeah, and they're much less popular than PT, which is story driven. My point is that RPGs are not all about gameplay, and even RPGs with shit gameplay can be good games.

And people say that undead are weak

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Last chapter is Pants on Fire. Literally.

Cursed Revenant respawns automatically in nearby Necrofire areas regardless if they are visible to him or not (through walls and shit). Good luck trying to kill it.

Main quest description taken from Steam:
Arhu is in Kemms Vault - the Vault is right next in the shallow Pool in the Kemms Garden.
Arhu is behind 3 diffrent secret Doors - took me forever to get there.
1. You need Lucians real Painting which is at the hidden Troll Place
2. The second Door is opened by using the Book "The Book of the God King" or somesuch in the Bookcase right next to that Door
3. On the Floor is a Trigger that reads something like "The Burden of the God King is great" (not correct) look for the Painting in the previous Floor with the Name of the word used in that Sentance

Gratulations, you found Arhu

The quest design becomes completely un-intuitive. Some enemies cannot be killed.

Seriously, this is painful. End game spoilers (could save you a couple of hours of frustration):

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Official Larian response about initiative http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=616872#Post616872

the turnorder system is indeed code-based. As one would expect this is not a simple data file, but an integral part of the underlying game system. Many iterations were done, as it evidently is not the same compared to DOS1, and a lot of balancing and combat design accounts for this system.

It saddens us to hear you do not like it, but we're happy to get your feedback on it. Both for modding improvements as general combat design experience, it would be great to hear what you guys would think is a better/optimal combat system. So please, do leave some systemic explanations below for us to take to heart and we'll go over them

"a lot of balancing"

:littlemissfun:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Welp, seems like I'm the only one who likes romance writing in this game. Chose Beast's dialogue expecting lolwat reaction, he turned out to be a much more genuine person than I initially thought and opened himself up more to me. But then again I can easily be impressed so... :salute:
Meh i killed that liberal stump the moment he begun to whine about how bad patriots and nationalists are.From him i learned that you should start a revolution when your ruler begins using country flags.

Left his ass on Island them moment he started to tell my soldier how piracy is noble revolution and how evul Queen is for daring to unite Dwarven People and securing their borders... Felt like I was traveling with ANTIFA member. My Dwarf had soldier and mystic as tags so... Other companion I kicked out from party was crazy assassin elf who threatened my char with knife despite that I did returned and saved their asses on ship. Womyn gonna Womyn I guess; but on the other hand Red Prince is cool companion, Human mage chick is kinda of cute and I can treat her as little sis which I am sure will make some Feminazi harpy going :rage: and I picked guy with crossbow over undead mage cause we both were soldiers bros and we drunk and killed Magisters together; Crossbow is nice tool to bash doors too. perfect bromance till he hit on my Dwarf.

:what:

He said it was joke and not tried to this again like those faggots in Biowhore game do; so yeas I would not expect Belgian game to be Librul heresy free but its far from SJW crap-sheet Kwan games are.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Finally went to REKERS cave again, and dis time i wus prepared. Showed that bitch mordus and his voidwoken fags what I can do.

Bought a crazy 2hand spear and respecced into finesse and went to town. FeelsGoodMan.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Stop making fools of yourselves, this game has no quest markers.

Dude, stop smoking crackcocaine.

There's several quest markers all over. The yellow ones AND especially the red ones, tell yo exactly where to go. It even follows NPC's around. If that's not a quest marker, I don't know what is.
You need a tag dude. Marked locations on maps have existed in games for over 15 years. What are you even doing on this forum?

We are coexisting with retards who can differentiate between functionality like marking an active quest and having the path to the objective traced for them, and markers on the map which serve to remind where something is.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The red markers only mark important NPCs, they don't outright tell you where to go like normal quest markers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Update: Divinity: Original Sin 2 producer David Walgrave tells me that Larian doesn't plan to patch out this technique because it's "part of the system."

"It appears that it is not a never-ending loop and you're not doing anything else while you're doing it," wrote Walgrave. "It's not like you're damaging anything for free without spending action points. If I understand this trick, it's still within the purposeful synergies of our skills and usually these are accounted for."

That's true: you can't do anything while the loop runs its course. Though, based on the video, which shows a troll losing 6048 HP like it's nothing, it's obviously quite a loop, technically 'never-ending' or not, and I've asked for further clarification. For now, rather than 'fix' the combo, Walgrave says they "applaud" it. Examples of techniques that would be patched out include anything that "breaks the fun" or is actually a bug. "If this would tick in realtime, it would be a bug," wrote Walgrave. "And if this does not cost AP/skills and/or is not blocked by cooldown/consuming a scroll/... then we look into it."

Otherwise, "If you glitch the system, congratulations," concludes Walgrave. So there you have it, feel free to combo trolls to hell all you want. The original story and explanation of the trick follows.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The right way to address this exploit would be to make the amount of healing Life Leech grants proportionate to the amount of damage that triggered it, which would make the loop gradually decay instead of being a perpetual motion machine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom