Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I have 2 pure melee(one of them has one CC that's against magic armour), a ranger and a caster. So far I can fairly easily break both armours just fine on Tactician. My ranger's crossbow does a fair bit of elemental damage, so she's good at dealing with both.

On Classic, it should never be a problem unless you're running around without weapons.
Party is knight, polymorph, wizard & cleric. Not optimal setup but god damn would have been nice to know in advance what armour types these would counter for the most part. Only my wizard can do magical damage reliably every turn, both melee dwarves can do a petrify against magic armour every 3 turns and that's my party's entire magic damage repertoire. Every ability of knight, poly & cleric I started with or could buy was against physical armour so I'm completely out of the element game at this point. Just arrived at the
Hideout in the swamp
and these enemy packs can be devastating, burning through resurrect scrolls atm.
The gme is extremely geared towards hybrids. I don't think you're intended to have pure physical combatants. There are, for example, cross-ability skills, such as requiring Warfare 1 and Pyromancy 1, or Scoundrel 2 and Hydrosophy 2, but there's apparently nothing like Warfare 2 + Scoundrel 2. Really, even if you're pure warfare, even a single point in a magic ability is very advantageous, and Polymorph is amazing for anyone. It's a bit weird. I suspect they really want everone to be some kind of spellcaster, to take advantage of the gamut of options.

By the way, anyone else finding themselves wondering where some Skills went? I was looking over some skill lists and some removals are just off to me. For example, while simple in what it did, Firefly was a fun skill in D:OS1, but in D:OS2, there seems to be nothing like it.

I really want Helping Hand to return .
Yeah, again, a very odd omission.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

DJthREnW0AUZKJd.jpg:large

:D

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No point in waiting for patches, encountered zero crashes and game breaking bugs so far (or any bugs for that matter), clocked 12 hours yesterday.

This is what they said about D:OS and then everyone made it into the post-Early Access areas.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Or, you know, make physical based attacks/skills just as interesting as spellcasting.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The gme is extremely geared towards hybrids. I don't think you're intended to have pure physical combatants. There are, for example, cross-ability skills, such as requiring Warfare 1 and Pyromancy 1, or Scoundrel 2 and Hydrosophy 2, but there's apparently nothing like Warfare 2 + Scoundrel 2. Really, even if you're pure warfare, even a single point in a magic ability is very advantageous, and Polymorph is amazing for anyone. It's a bit weird. I suspect they really want everone to be some kind of spellcaster, to take advantage of the gamut of options.

You are supposed to be playing a party of "Sourcerers", so thematically that makes sense.

(omg the Mage Duel RPG was Divinity: Original Sin 2 all along)

Freakydemon

Educated
Yeah probably gonna put 1-2 points in some magic tree for each character since it's just punishing me for not conforming. I guess the pure physical archetypes are still in for non-tactician.

Cromwell

Arcane
The stealing is spot on, though, aside from the fact that you can never ever steal from the same person twice, which is pretty BS because it means you either suck at it forever, or you fucking pump Thievery to high heavens early on. But I love how the system actually works by value and weight, and as long as you stick to that, you can't fail. Sure, it may not be "immershun" because there's no chance of failure, but it sure as hell beats save-scumming because you try to steal a fucking barrel of stuff and either fail or succeed, and succeeding is still fucking nonsense.

arent they, more often than not, noticing stolen goods and want to search you? Or is that triggered by something special and I just didnt see what that is?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Where did all the skills go ?

Is there seriously only like 5-6 different skills to be had from chapter 1-3? Is that it? I'm at lvl 10+ on my skills, and im only finding skillbooks that require lvl 2-3 max.. wtf? Did alot get removed?

Also, I just had gay undead sex between me and fane... skeleton sex.

GG, Larian, GOTY

Sentinel

Arcane
Why the fuck does my party reposition at the start of fights?
This is really annoying. Sneaking to attack some dude, fight starts, the party immediately moves to the sneaked guy's location, forming around him, instantly get blown up by AoE shit.
Nice AI Larian.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Getting consistent freezes when going back to Fort Joy now. Screen freezes, but music keeps playing and I can move the pointer. Guess I can't go back there any more.

This is really annoying. Sneaking to attack some dude, fight starts, the party immediately moves to the sneaked guy's location, forming around him, instantly get blown up by AoE shit.
Nice AI Larian.

Hasn't happened to me. If I sneak to attack someone, the rest of my party stays outside combat until I run them in manually.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
t4om0ud.jpg

It's like they read my complaint on the codex about the shitty D:OS implementation of the non permanent petrification spell and just to spite me they went out of their way not just to include it in the sequel but make it a fucking unique trait as well.
Turn a target to STONE!!! for 1 turn.
Well played, Larian! :salute:

Vibalist

Arcane
Is it just me, or is intelligence a nigh useless attribute? I made a spellcaster in a co-op game and I thought putting points into intelligence was the most reasonable thing to do, but now I realize it only increases the amount of damage you do with wands and staves. No added damage or range to your proper spells at all. Might as well invest those points in memory, wits (for initiative bonus) and constitution.

Prime Junta

Is it just me, or is intelligence a nigh useless attribute? I made a spellcaster in a co-op game and I thought putting points into intelligence was the most reasonable thing to do, but now I realize it only increases the amount of damage you do with wands and staves. No added damage or range to your proper spells at all. Might as well invest those points in memory, wits (for initiative bonus) and constitution.

At least my skill descriptions (on a Summoner) say that the power of the summon is affected by Intelligence (and the Summoning skill, and level, presumably). They also seem to affect cooldowns -- I put everything into Int and now I get to summon a totem every round (default cooldown is 3 I think).

Cromwell

Arcane

if that were true the tooltips are wrong, damage and healing of spells gets bonus from int, It just doesnt state how much.

Vibalist

Arcane
My bad. Intelligence does affect spell damage. I didn't see that in the descriptions earlier, maybe an early access thing (or me being a dumbass).

Reapa

Doom Preacher
from what i read here about difficulty levels based on armor and hp bloat and ingame about stuff being based mostly on character level and stupid skills with 5% gain / point, the game is utter crap focused solely on graphics and maybe some story voice acting. gonna skip this for now. i don't think i ever hated a game this much without having played it first at least a little.
if anyone enjoys this kind of garbage maybe is also something they might enjoy.

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
So if I got that right if I edit the text file I can have normal hp armor and so on with the added enemy abilities?

Jarmaro

Liturgist
So to make a diffrence from previous game, they decided to make change from >100%hp to >60%hp 20%physical armor 20%magical armor?
Why?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom