Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

GrainWetski

Arcane
The new ones are pure, unadultered console trash. Doesn't really get any worse.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Rise of the Tomb Raider for $12 in the new Humble Monthly Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly
There are no tombs to raid.
Actually - there is one added in the DLC and it have MASSIVE NEON ARROW POINTING YOU TO THE ENTRANCE.

It still baffles me that these days with gender portraits in modern games they would bring classic Lara and nobody would complain but for some reason they turn her into stereotypical female from ol' days where you cast off women like these back to the kitchen.
Lot of killing and lot of sobbing in cutscenes and grotesque gore - they tried to stick to the tradition with the Lara's death but went too far with Dead Space inspirations...
Game is popamole shooter where you miss your old reliable pistols with unlimited ammunition.

I'm afraid that game include crafting too so watch out.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Star Wars Force Friday II Sale: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/star-wars

Coincidentally, Empire at War got an update from the original developer Petroglyph to restore multiplayer and enable Steam Workshop:

Patch Details and Message From Petroglyph
Hi everyone,

I'm a producer at Petroglyph, developer of Star Wars: Empire at war. We have been working with Disney on this patch for some time now and I'm glad to see that it has been released on Force Friday!

Per our press release announced a couple days ago, the following improvements have been patched into both Star Wars: Empire at War & Forces of Corruption:

• Gamespy completely removed as multiplayer solution in lieu of Steam multiplayer back-end in both FOC and EAW.
• Enabled windowed mode support
• 2 internal crashes found / fixed – no specific repro steps available
• Fix for broken object shadows in Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
• Fix for start game button not highlighting on mouse over
• Fix for multiplayer campaign save/load not picking the right save game on the client
• Support for more than 3 AI players in applicable games
• Fix for galactic save/load not loading a save game unless it's in slot 0
• Disable General Network Options button – This was only applicable to old modem/GameSpy players
• Hooked up community/web buttons to appropriate Steam overlay pages/websites as applicable (The old Gamespy buttons simply don’t work anymore so we repurposed them)
• Enabled selection/list of player mods on hard drive
• Crash fix for attempting to load an FOC mod in original EAW game
• Bug fix for creating units that are non-selectable in very long duration galactic mode games (makes save games unplayable past a certain point)

We have continued to watch the EAW community closely over the years and appreciate all the excellent support you have given us and the game. Our thanks to all of you for the great feedback, awesome mod packs, and overwhelmingly positive reviews and Disney for facilitating the release of this work. We hope you enjoy this special update.

-The team at Petroglyph

What's up with this recent favors to gamers from Disney?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More

eefe9ac4dc14bcd8af5e28bfaace5931.jpg

I renew my queue once or twice per day. The amount of crap releasing on Steam is getting even more ridiculous with each day.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
True.

There is so much shit on Steam that it more and more gets in the way to find the few games that are worth getting. One day they will have to delete all this crap and start over from scratch.

Atomkilla

Arcane
When did this travesty begin, anyway? IIRC when I really started using Steam actively to buy games in 2013, it was a well-curated place of AAA games and quality indie titles. Did it start after that, or was I simply ignorant at the time?

Modron

Arcane
When did this travesty begin, anyway? IIRC when I really started using Steam actively to buy games in 2013, it was a well-curated place of AAA games and quality indie titles. Did it start after that, or was I simply ignorant at the time?
Basically started soon after two years of greenlight, they tried to get us to curate the games for them then just went fuck it anything goes because more money is more money. Basically 2015 was the start, if I recall correctly the steamspy guy pointed out that 2015 or 2016 releases accounted for 40% of all steam games released so far.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Hard to say.

But with Unity you can produce some turd of a game in 4 weeks. They seem to be flooded with such a torrent of shit that people still buy that they decided to risk their reputation for short term gains.

Personally I think they need some serious redesign and filter out games with less than a few thousand owners. By default, not the other way around.

It's like when I go to a library I do not want to be presented with train wagons full of every dirty notepaper and semester assignment that was ever written on the topic, but with the or 2 or 3 most recognized books.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Another co-op shooter with in-app purchases from Starbreeze, set in WW2

Raid AKA Payday 2: WW2 DLC. I believe it even (re)uses the same engine.

"Hey guys, don't worry, although you can't buy DLC separately for Payday 2 any more, all future DLC will be free! By the way we're working on a new game now..."

"Okay here's some free DLC for Payday 2: a room for your butler in the safe house and some promo weapons for Raid! Hey go check out the beta for Raid! Here's an announcement about Raid!"

Wow, didn't see that coming. I bet they'll end up doing the same DLC nonsense with Raid; releasing medieval packs and ninja packs once they run out of ideas for actual WW2-themed content. Maybe they can even release a "Modern weapons pack" DLC so they can just import content over from Payday 2.

Latelistener

Arcane
Is that game any good? Last TR I played was Legend.
I played Tomb Raider (2013) a bit, and it was definitely not a TR game. A few environmental puzzles I've seen were made for retards, and platforming was non-existent. It's mostly a third person shooter, where your main goal is to kill as many russians as possible in most gruesome ways. I heard Rise is also about bad russians.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Greenlight was the end. Steam was better off with some kind of quality control. I haven't looked at the 'coming soon' section in years which is where I use to find a lot of good games that flew under the radar.

Educated
Humblebundle's current bundle is all weeb games
c0TfH5t.jpg
Spoilered the pic because some of those covers looked a little NSFW
I don't play this shit so I don't have any idea. Does anyone know if any of these tiers are worth buying?

Don Peste

Arcane

Beastmancer is a monster tamer tactical RPG. Play as an adventurer in a fantasy land, capture monsters and use them to fight turn based battles.

You have been invited to a mysterious tournament of Beastmancers in a remote archipelago with the promise of riches and glory. Fight powerful enemies, capture new monsters and uncover the secret behind the tournament.

Features
  • Capture and train more than 60 different monsters.
  • Deploy multiple monsters in a grid-like arena and fight turn based battles.
  • Explore magical and wild lands in search of treasure and new challenges.
  • Use spells, items and tactics to support your monsters and defeat powerful enemies.
Demo:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/beastmancer/downloads
teleport.gif

porcupine.gif

beatdown2.gif

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The worst part of Steam isn't even the flood of weebshit/RPGmaker games, it's all the phone game ports. That one certainly looks like a phone game.

Aothan

Magister
Free Multiplayer FPS from the developers of Chivalry (till tomorrow): http://store.steampowered.com/app/368420/Mirage_Arcane_Warfare/

just came in to mention Mirage is available for free for a very short time, worth trying at least for any who liked Chivalry, having played for a while my early impressions are the game is fun with some potential in the skillsets the different classes have. I decided to try the Vyper class firstly having never really played the man-at-arms in Chivalry, the abilities are definitely interesting for a melee game of this type, but some of them seem a bit slow for closing distances with stronger melee classes

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
i dont care about the bazillion shit games there are. every sane person does some research before buying anyways and/or can refund.

i am more annoyed of that stupid early access shit that has gotten super common.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom