Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Forbidden Unit, turn-based isometric cyberpunk RPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Made by Czechs who aren't gud at English: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/465261631/forbidden-unit

Hi, everybody! We are very excited to present to you our latest game FORBIDDEN UNIT. Above you can find the footage from the game. It´s a 3D isometric RPG with the turn-based combat system. If you played the original Fallout, XCOM, Shadowrun or Syndicate, you know exactly where our inspiration, core game principles and our passion for games come from.

e20826832e4c5819417ed0065183bc4e_original.jpg

Forbidden Unit is a complex Game with a wide range of game mechanics allowing you to enjoy the game in different ways and discover your favorite play style.

Here are the Key Features:

e3fc6152feb7c015c15ae3e9e589939d_original.jpg

That was just the fragment of all features in the game. There are some more like...
  • Multiple Solutions: Each mission and each task could be tackled in various ways, depend on your play style and creativity.
  • Divided World: Imagine the world of Mad Max meets the world of Blade Runner, the game provides a wide range of game environments, and all the elements fit in the story...
  • RPG Elements: Level Up your characters, learn new skills like Sneaking, Hacking, Throwing, Shooting different weapon types, Camouflaging, Trading and more... Unlock new dialog options based on your main statistics.
  • Inventory: All characters have their own inventory, organize your character's inventory to maximize their effectiveness and readiness. Raid loot from enemies you killed or steal from other NPCs.
  • Shopping: Buy better equipment and weapons. Negotiate better prices. Sell unwanted gear.
  • Mini Games: There are several different types of mini games and interactive objects. You can play even eight pool if you want.

31277eb8c930cb5d1f99ccef15699a27_original.jpg

The game is taking place in the future after the last world war. Traditional states and political division of the world is no longer exist. The Earth is largely destroyed. Some people survive behind the walls of city states, under control of the large corporations that run their entire lives. The other peoples survive in the wasteland where the only valid law is survival of the fittest.

57a15acb3913b86891434bc387fcb004_original.jpg

Examples of different game environments

fdccc8faa121b5430cae6e02b37caf88_original.jpg

The story is focused on four main characters. They work as mercenaries in a complicated world where the line between black and white is blurred. During the game, you will learn about past and present of each member of your group, their relationships, personal life, and why they work together.

You will accept different contracts from powerful corporations, clans, and individuals... There will be more than one way to finish contracts, and the decision is up to you. You might find dirty secrets behind the deals and refuse to finish the contract, but be prepared to face consequences.

151b38a589486df7e91db1617a3cbb0d_original.jpg

Early artwork of main characters

d0d3bbb0c65a8b6589adfe9d9c362a4c_original.jpg

Forbidden Unit is role playing game with strong emphasis on story. In the game you are controlling up to four main characters, depending on the situation and your mission.

Adventure part of the game is played in real time, however, once you or enemy start combat, the game is switched to turn-based mode.

76e157b7154861b21644f0d4d1cd3ca9_original.jpg

Street fights in one of the way how to make some extra money

In the Turn-based mode, every character has a certain number of Action Points, depending on their stats, that can be used for moving, attacking or any other time-consuming action.

While not in combat you can speak to people and gather information relevant to your mission, the characters, and the world. You can trade weapons or buy equipment in the black market, steal, play mini-games, prepare for next mission or accept some little side quests.

All characters in the game have their own Inventory. This includes also all NPCs, so if you defeat an Enemy NPC, you can loot all the weapons, magazines, and equipment. The type of armor your character is wearing determines how many slots for equipment he has and how much he can carry.

fd465acb5c4a9fa2bd34aa0be88ac86f_original.jpg

Managing inventory can save you some time in combat

There are different types of obstacles, puzzles, and traps you will encounter. There will be also multiple ways to solve the problems. For example, electronic traps can be hacked and disabled, or you could use EMP grenade to destroy them if you have one.. Or just find a hidden way around. Failure however may result in quick death or serious troubles.

cef3c8dadadf243e75dc2ac29490ebce_original.gif

There are many ways to die

All the items in the game can be used in different ways. You can throw or drop any item. Guns have different fire modes and ammo types, you can use many different settings to customize timing and planting of explosives, auto-turrets can be deployed on the ground to help you secure the area. Plus you can use special gears like medic kits, scanners, traps and others.

All important functionalities are easily accessible from the main screen user interface, that also supports keyboard shortcuts. If you care about maximum effectivity.

6cb471b3e498d7e21ffb1e31ca631d7f_original.jpg

The main control panel

09fec3cfd1320f9d868d472364bc9bc3_original.gif

Map is showing realtime scan of your location

All playable characters have different stats to begin with. On each new level, you will receive points to improve your characters. You can freely improve any ability, but you should maintain some sort of specialization for your characters, that will provide you versatility, give you an edge in combat and offer solutions in various situations.

17ff902d9282336d48086497fc006adc_original.gif

Skills and descriptions

The dialogue system in the game allows us to create complex and rich dialogues. Some dialog options are available only under certain circumstances. High intelligence, perception, charisma or even luck can unlock new dialog options...

For every mission you can take a different approach. if you opt to avoid getting involved in a face off, you can sneak through and eliminate your enemies silently, which can prove very beneficial for rescuing hostages or eliminating high-value targets before they escape.

2ebb9910a5513b3bd860611a4af10c89_original.jpg

Your team is using old modified cargoship for transportation

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Looks interesting to me! The funding goal isn't outrageous. Since they are an unknown (I didn't see they have actually made other games before?), they need a working demo.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Czechs who aren't gud at English
That's all Czechs :negative:
Since they are an unknown (I didn't see they have actually made other games before?)
From their website:
Hello everybody, we are Chainless Games from Prague, a beautiful city in central Europe. We are a small team with more than 12 years experience from game industry. We have been working for big Czech game studios on well know titles like Arma, Arma 2, Take on Helicopters, European Truck Simulator 2.
The studio itself seems to have only made some biking android game.

Freddie

Savant
This looks very promising, no magic, no bullshit weapons. I hope I see more how well the missions and world is going to be designed and if they can hold on their promise of multiple ways to solve missions.

Tom_ChainlessGames

Chainless Games
Developer
Hello, this is Tomas from Chainless Games, we really appreciate your interest in our game and if you support us, you can look forward to more wrong English texts and videos :)

I'm kidding, it is a problem that we know about and we will definitely try to improve that ;)

Lurker47

Savant
Can't trust any dev that pulls the "Fallout is one of our inspiration" card. :decline:
I don't really think you can assume anything based on that. It's just a bog-standard sentiment. Like saying "Quake is one of our inspirations" for an FPS.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hello, this is Tomas from Chainless Games, we really appreciate your interest in our game and if you support us, you can look forward to more wrong English texts and videos :)

I'm kidding, it is a problem that we know about and we will definitely try to improve that ;)

Can we look forward to tasteful rape?

epeli

Arcane
This looks really promising, hope the kickstarter succeeds. Tom_ChainlessGames since your game already has a character obviously inspired by GitS, will there be Tachikoma too? :M

Heretic

Cipher
Looks nice, so I broke my thirteen months long crowdfunding break and backed it.

Good luck.

Tom_ChainlessGames

Chainless Games
Developer
Looks nice, so I broke my thirteen months long crowdfunding break and backed it.

Good luck.

Every single time we have a new Backer is like Xmas for us. We still need a lot of Xmases, but it is so amazing every time :)
Thank you!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom