Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I think you are correct, once Cleve releases the manual saying how things are supposed to work, he will get a few thousand bug reports because things don't work like that.

As such I don't expect a manual for at least 1 month from now, at best.

I think that might be an exageration, but it's very likely that part of the delay is caused by Cleve checking the code to remember how certain things work, only to find out bugs or commented out parts, etc.

He should not worry too much. Even 25 years later, many things in Wizardry 6 are clearly bugged, and those games didn't have detailed manuals with formulas either. All we want is a guide of what attributes and skills are good for, but he doesn't need to detail things too much and get himself into trouble.

Now, maybe he'll go full Cleve and write a humorous manual that will be super-fun to read, e.g., descriptions of STR with his gym stories as example.

I've started the game, played around with the character creation for about an hour but got so frustrated with not having the foggiest what shit means and does. Yes it's spergy but I just can't start the game stumbling blindly forward without studying the manual first.

Still remember when I bought Wiz 7 I read the shit out of the manual first. With a dictionary in my hand since I couldn't speak English back then lol.

Cut down on your vaccinations and just play the damn game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've started the game, played around with the character creation for about an hour but got so frustrated with not having the foggiest what shit means and does. Yes it's spergy but I just can't start the game stumbling blindly forward without studying the manual first.

Still remember when I bought Wiz 7 I read the shit out of the manual first. With a dictionary in my hand since I couldn't speak English back then lol.

And who the fuck are you?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Maybe we could use DECLINE to check this information? It is based in the superdemo or in the final game? We should ask Pedo Zepp about this.

Weasel
Now, maybe he'll go full Cleve and write a humorous manual that will be super-fun to read, e.g., descriptions of STR with his gym stories as example.

Best deal

When that massive flood of protein digested in my stomach I could feel it coursing through my body leaving me with an extraordinary sensation of well-being that could only result from those eggs being very, very good for me, especially first thing in the morning when their impact on my metabolism seemed to be the highest. Only a person who was just not on speaking terms with their own body could fail to note the correlation. That's what televitz does to you - it becomes an authority that screams down your own ancient wisdom that is the product of a million years of genetic refinement. Televitz is such a powerful evil it can shut down that inner light and replace it with an authoritative sounding voice that tells you that sunlight, fresh air and eggs are bad for you. This is the reason that people pay billions of dollars to buy television stations. It is the prince and the power of the air. Ephesians 2:2.

People in Australia think I'm a strong guy when they find out about me. I was just barely strong enough to give Bob a squat spot in the gym. I never saw anybody like that guy again. The last time I saw Bob he was doing super-slow dips with 300 pounds hanging around his waist. Traumatic stuff to see with the naked eye. Disturbing. The guy was like a human powered demolition crane. I used to tell Bob he could sell his services as a gigantic earth moving device on construction sites in return for all the sausages he could eat.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Regarding humour:

DHSUDpaUMAEwMrU.jpg

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
I remember The Age of Conan which had a ton of attributes and skills, of which only a handful actually did something.

After a day or so players complained that increasing running speed didnt actually make them run faster. One of the easiest and fastest things to check, you assume the creators would not skip it.

And who the fuck are you?

Sorry mate, just having a laugh:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I remember The Age of Conan which had a ton of attributes and skills, of which only a handful actually did something.

After a day or so players complained that increasing running speed didnt actually make them run faster. One of the easiest and fastest things to check, you assume the creators would not skip it.
Really? That pretty funny and I didnt know that.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
He should not worry too much. Even 25 years later, many things in Wizardry 6 are clearly bugged, and those games didn't have detailed manuals with formulas either.

Wizardry 6 had a pretty detailed manual, at least 100 pages iirc.

Long and a good indeed, but it really doesn't explain critical mechanics. Obscure things like the high vitality (16+) granting mana regeneration, for instance. But also simpler things, like how exactly does STR affect damage. This is how Wiz 6 explains attributes, and for now would be enough for Grimoire:

S93niFi.png

All we need for now is to know what attributes are good for each class, there seem to be some counter-intuitive things like DEV being using for all classes mana pool, that we must learn once and for all from Cleve.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just entered the Imperial Palace and the tileset there is beautiful!

Cleveland Mark Blakemore I'd be willing to pay 10 bucks for a DLC/expansion that adds more tilesets to add unique visual charm to some areas of the game, like an Egyptian/desert style tileset for the pyramid for example. The palace looks so damn pretty, up to this point I thought I had already seen all available tile graphics.

Call me a graphics whore but some visual variation would be really nice.

Efe

Erudite
He should not worry too much. Even 25 years later, many things in Wizardry 6 are clearly bugged, and those games didn't have detailed manuals with formulas either.

Wizardry 6 had a pretty detailed manual, at least 100 pages iirc. Wiz 7 twice as much.
Yeah, Wiz 7 manual is my go to "how to make manual".
i wishlist things i keep track of. hellblade did disappoint and im unlikely to buy that.
grrimoire on the otherhand, why would i follow it on steam when i get better information here?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
I like the Wiz manuals, they were indeed pretty well-written. Just think it's funny how these things come around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom