Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I must be lucky. I have been running the initial release since launch and I haven't experienced bugs beyond what I would consider rough edges in an otherwise working game.

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I must be lucky. I have been running the initial release since launch and I haven't experienced bugs beyond what I would consider rough edges in an otherwise working game.
I've been running on the first update he did in the first couple hours. I did crash a few time before that patch, been running smooth since then.

Weasel
Those of us who've followed this for years knew Cleve would be tweaking and polishing this game for a long, long time (I'm still trying to maintain the willpower to wait a couple of weeks before starting), but now that it's in the open on Steam one has to be v careful about stuff like this. Expect a lot of the following in the reviews: (and Cleve, if you ever read this, please consider opening a beta branch and getting a few volunteers to test new patches in future)

ptYAXHy.png

Not sure exactly what this means, but seems to imply the worst. Think fucking carefully before going down this road Cleve, breaking savegames again will be a major issue, worse than telling <2.0.7 people to start again imo (as many of them seem to have already).

EM5OCL0.png

Cleve is a man on a mission: self-destruction.

To be honest, I thought not fixing those savegames was the worst he could do. But he came up with a worse option. Chances are, most people has already restarted 2 days later; deleting their progress again is going to break havoc.

Also, apparently Thals are not into exception handling. "are going to crash" is unacceptable. There you go, an easy way to differentiate the 1.2.0.7 file, it crashes the loader, handle it with the old code then.

He doesn't even need to handle that exception (although, that's the default approach I would take). He can just prompt the user, if for some reason handling that exception isn't viable.

majamaja

Augur
These save game shenanigans are obviously more anti-casual warding glyphs -- any :monocle:'d elite knows you have to get 20hrs in, be slightly dissatisfied with your party, and reroll a completely new one an handful of times for the truly inclined experience.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Well you could always treat it as a hardcore mode in rogue likes. Enjoy your playthru until Cleve unexpectedly breaks your save game. :lol:

And here I thought this game wasn't old school enough.

Biggus

Scholar
I wonder if people running 1.2.0.7 could roll back to 1.2.0.5 and re-save before going to the upcoming version. Probably not, but worth a try.

Nup, BSOD (black)

BUT, dunno if this'll translate to this new 'save fix' version, but while you can't load 1.2.0.7 saves into older versions, you can load the 1.2.0.7 player library into them. Saves rereolling, that has to be good... right?

Baff

Cipher
Patron
I wonder if people running 1.2.0.7 could roll back to 1.2.0.5 and re-save before going to the upcoming version. Probably not, but worth a try.

Nup, BSOD (black)

BUT, dunno if this'll translate to this new 'save fix' version, but while you can't load 1.2.0.7 saves into older versions, you can load the 1.2.0.7 player library into them. Saves rereolling, that has to be good... right?
My player library got wiped out by the first update.

Themadcow

Augur

Nup, BSOD (black)

Same. I mistakenly thought that the library data would be contained within the save-game files, so I have a working party but no ability to put them back into the library :/ Not sure if that's going to screw me at some point.

Baff

Cipher
Patron

Nup, BSOD (black)

Same. I mistakenly thought that the library data would be contained within the save-game files, so I have a working party but no ability to put them back into the library :/ Not sure if that's going to screw me at some point.
Will only be an issue if we are forced to start over.

Posted by: GOLDEN ERA GAMES, Aug 6 @ 7:22am
Grimoire Updates : Version 1.2.0.7
The policy on default characters was that a reference would only be legal until the player started the game at which time it could be assume the reference to the library should never be regarded as valid since it could be deleted etc.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
oh and do not worry if you have a fully party if the npc will join you you will get the option to pick which party member to get rid of but it is not permanent because you can find their bones in the Shrine of the Raptor and if you have a scroll or wand of raise dead you can bring them back to life. their bones will be in an alcove and there are 8 alcoves for all 8 party members pretty cool right?
Wait, are you saying that if I kick somebody out of my party that it kills them and I won't be able to get them back unless I resurrect their bones? That is most bogus!

Nope. They look like bones in niches, but you don't have to resurrect them. Just click on the niche, choose whom to dismiss, and your party member is back, alive and kicking.

Anyways, what happens to an NPC resurrected from bones when dismissed? Mistral, for instance.
you can resurrect mistral? Oo
that would be kind of unexpectedly epic.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

These bugs are some of the most hilarious shit I've ever read. :lol: People actually thought Cleve's insane shenanigans would end with the release of this shit game? They have only begun!

Behold, updates that delete your saved characters. And the developer asserting that he can do it because [insert bullshit here]. Incredible. :desu:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Not sure exactly what this means, but seems to imply the worst. Think fucking carefully before going down this road Cleve, breaking savegames again will be a major issue, worse than telling <2.0.7 people to start again imo (as many of them seem to have already).

EM5OCL0.png
you're overreacting. the updates offer forced replayability. and replayability, forced or not is a good thing.

Mech

Cipher
I started playing Wiz 7 and just used the default party. Is this a good idea or should I restart and min/max my own party?

Bladderfish

Augur
After an hour of rolling, got my party finally started. 6 of them. Berserker, metalsmith, thief, ranger, cleric, wizard.

Started in the prison. Had the metalsmith killed during my second battle with 6 worms.

Joy. This game already challenges me!

Time to roll the metalsmith again. More hitpoints are needed!

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
After an hour of rolling, got my party finally started. 6 of them. Berserker, metalsmith, thief, ranger, cleric, wizard.

Started in the prison. Had the metalsmith killed during my second battle with 6 worms.

Make sure your not rolling them on the newest version or your not keeping them once the update goes live.

Baff

Cipher
Patron

Make sure your not rolling them on the newest version or your not keeping them once the update goes live.
Rolling them on the current version is fine, save games will be toast though.

GandGolf

Augur
Nope. They look like bones in niches, but you don't have to resurrect them. Just click on the niche, choose whom to dismiss, and your party member is back, alive and kicking.

Anyways, what happens to an NPC resurrected from bones when dismissed? Mistral, for instance.

From what I remember of the superdemo if you dismiss Mistral he goes back to wandering the catacombs I think.

you can resurrect mistral? Oo
that would be kind of unexpectedly epic.

Does Argosyre or Gorlo have any custom reactions if you have Mistral in your party? That would be kind of neat.

At least after the release the drama and fun not only isn't over, but just started. Steam forums are hilarious.

Also: bugs & issues should be fixed in a jiffy with every other Steamtard claiming to be a software developer :troll:

I pity Cleve and his employers wife for having to deal with all the retards: 563 active topics there as of now :despair:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Mac users: Here is a preconfigured wineskin wrapper to run Grimoire on Mac. Unzip, show package contents, & there is an empty Grimoire folder in Program Files. Copy your Grimoire files into this folder (no subfolders), and Bob's your uncle.

https://mega.nz/#!5FIUWIIB!kQHa4LRhhEa8e6iEnQzsRgeYFN5P4-g5_57mc23kd4s

:yeah:

My sides! “I'm free from the devil's work because I didn't brought my PC with me”, thought Lurker King in his naivety. I guess you people don't respect nothing anymore. If I end up as a hobo, is your fucking fault.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom