Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
It appears that the game has some kind of level/ability score scaling.
I used editor to give my party member high stats (for testing) and enemies I encountered were much much tougher compared to what I normally encountered playing with test party.

The gauging of your victories drives up the percentage of bumping into monsters and ranks normally only encountered very rarely.

Being indentified as a bad-ass and being attacked by tougher monsters to match your reputation is not scaling so technically have adhered to the letter of the law.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I'll pirate the game in a month or two, just to say I tried it. By then someone will have gotten to the "end" which will just be a crash to desktop because the game is unfinished. It may be removed from Steam at that point, especially after all the stolen code and assets come to light.
what did i miss? when did cleave rape your butt and why?

When did I wander onto a forum where everyone mutually agreed to suck off a guy who released a broken, buggy half-finished mess of a game after 26 years of development time.
i take it you haven't played it. please fix that.

Weasel
Cleve you might want to go put out the fire of the "stolen Monty Python sounds" thread on the Steam forums, attracting the usual crowd sourcing random posts on Reddit

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I'll pirate the game in a month or two, just to say I tried it. By then someone will have gotten to the "end" which will just be a crash to desktop because the game is unfinished. It may be removed from Steam at that point, especially after all the stolen code and assets come to light.

When did I wander onto a forum where everyone mutually agreed to suck off a guy who released a broken, buggy half-finished mess of a game after 26 years of development time.

mbv123

Arbiter
sAVU9Bt.png

Thals win again

Vagiel

Augur
I didn't notice before there is a parcer for interacting with npcs. I love it. It's the best way to talk to people. Ask them what you want. Say the right thing not choose it from a list!

Quick question. Do stats matter in conversations or my giant berserker is cool to do the talking.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Reapa

Doom Preacher

remember when i was starving and you let me have some occult chronicles?
had i refused, what would i have gained? being a stuck-up moron?
i am now returning the favor. and i know well you are starving. no point denying. just take it. it'll be good.

Gary Indiana

Cipher
While I'm waiting for my backer keys, I decided to build a replica Shrine of the Raptor. Got the kiln fired up yesterday and had at it. The shrine will sit above my Pentium 2 tower and lacie electron blue monitor. I'm dying to get playing here. The demo simply won't do anymore.

grimoire-lair-of-white-owl.jpg

Gary Indiana

Cipher
http://brokenforum.com/index.php?threads/cleves-back-in-the-public-eye.9354/page-12

Open to see a bunch of butthurt degenerate crybabies. :lol:

f1cbade4-153a-4762-83d4-7386aca9ae09

5heYbjg.png

:lol::lol::lol:

"Mommy, that crazy nazi is going to earn more money on a project he's done in his spare time
than I'm going to earn in a lifetime of burger flipping with my feminist studies diploma!"

:lol::lol::lol:
What is the history between that place and Codex?

The Brokenforum membership is mainly made up of child molesters, where as those on the rpgcodex are monocled gentlemen and women. It's like oil and goddamned vinegar.

Karl Barx

Novice
I think staff of resurrection cures it. You're guaranteed one in shrine of raptor. Don't want to boot game to make sure because I need to get to bed.
Hey good to know ! Thx a lot GlutenBurger. Still need to get all "Shrine of Raptor" secrets, but now I feel a lot better ^^.

pimpage...DECLINE: The Grimoire Character Editor (Release or Super Demo)
As I've said before, I will continue development (library edit, spell edit, etc) if someone gifts me a Steam Key for Grimoire.
Thanks for re-pasting it Zep !
line 2 : Will eventually let you know.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Cleve has confirmed that bards are indeed in need of fixing.
I want to play, but I don't want to have a bard with 100 in music that can put even bosses to sleep by 10th hour of playing.
What to do...

This will be patched in next version. Just cutting down on the learning points for successful use of music item in combat. I usually tested with tough musical items, didn't realise a weak bard with an easy instrument could rack up skill point increases so quickly.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's been plenty of hours since Grimoire was released and yet a PC-dedicated news site like RockPaperShotgun hasn't posted any news concerning the release of the oldest videogame-in-the-making in History.
We got this instead.
What a piece of SJW shit-site.

I guess some people must be pretty pissed that the 'Thal delivered, after all.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
So Prices on Steam are the same in Gaymany, France and Potatoland while the latter has 25% medium salaries Compared to 10 zion bux in Russia ;:russiastronk:

You wanted your west choke on it now Potato Lords; Congratulations for successful release Comrade Cleve! The Golden Baby has landed!:hero:

Nothing is funnier than the irony of history, in 2017 the United States is the hardest of hardcore communist countries and Russia is the freest and wealthiest nation on the planet, men are free to live as seems best to them. The John Birch society would choke on their martini olives if I could go back in a time machine and show them proof of what the world is like in 2017.

It's been plenty of hours since Grimoire was released and yet a PC-dedicated news site like RockPaperShotgun hasn't posted any news concerning the release of the oldest videogame-in-the-making in History.
We got this instead.
What a piece of SJW shit-site.

I guess some people must be pretty pissed that the 'Thal delivered, after all.

That video will always be funny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom