Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are you a fan of Rockstar games?

• Total voters

sullynathan

Arcane
your open world isn't even seamless

It's seamless, it's just the GTA design that doesn't like the player moving away from where the devs don't want at times

They are all shitty people.
yea we know, go play different games retard. Every GTA game is an asshole simulator

I did. They were a more likable family than Michael's.
Michael's family weren't too important to the story and to be honest even their missions have more involvement that going bowling with Roman.

mbv123

Arbiter
No one likes that shit between Nico & Roman
speak for yourself
Dialogue between the characters was not only hilarious at times, but also added depth to their characters and motivations. Things you don't learn if you just do the story missions.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Franklin and Nico were the worst characters in GTA. All they did was bitch and complain about all the fun shit they had the opportunity to engage in.

I think Nico was ok.

Both were supposed to play the 'straight man' to all the clownish cartoon characters and crazy action around them, but Nico has more right to 'complain about all the fun shit' because he wanted to start a new life, left his country to leave his violent past behind him and gets pulled into all the criminal stuff to save his cousin. (At least at first)

Franklin only talkes about becoming a different person, but takes part in drug deals and kidnapping unnecessarily, just because his idiotic friend thinks it's a good idea.

mbv123

Arbiter

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
GTAs are fun for a while, but at least I get bored by midway through the main story in every GTA. I wouldn't mind "HD remake" of Vice City with modern graphics because old 3D graphics are fucking ugly. Like I've talked with a friend of mine, 2D graphics age much more gracefully, but 3D graphics age horribly, especially from late 90s to mid 2000s.

Dux

Arcane
I have an old GTA poster hanging approximately 0.34 meters away to my left. A PC CD-ROM game, it says. "Police are about to have a real bad day". Ah, the past.

The thing about Rockstar is that they create these sprawling stories in these open worlds but ultimately it's just not that interesting. It's gone downhill for a while now and GTA V was just pedestrian in my book. It's literally three adult men bitching about everything and I'm sitting there getting older by the minute.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
The gameplay of The Warriors was quite something. I actually did not like the game too much on my first playthrough, but upping the difficulty on my second time through really showed off the games strenghts. I seem to remember that the higher difficulty settings actually lowers not only yours but also the enemies health, now I can't find a source on that but I clearly remember that playing it on that setting both you and them had a fairly realistic amount of health. You stab someone with a knife or hit them with a bat and that is most of what they are going to be able to take, and yet they are still a threat because they are smarter in their use of abilities, and you can't take much more punishment than them. You have to learn the combat system, and you can't rely on one or two moves to carry you through the whole thing, the whole arsenal is needed - even the stealth played a balanced and useful role.
It gave it a sense of realism, added to the cold brutality of it. Add to that how Rockstar excels at depictions of criminal stereotypes, gangs having great characterization and thus being fun to rumble with, and it's such a joy to play. The complete pointlessness of the ending as well> a few bruises and fifty bux richer, tomorrow much the same as the day before the game started.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The missions were still difficult, whether it's from a well designed difficulty or just shit controls, it's still difficulty either way.

What in them was difficult? Steering around at most and that was difficult because of the controls. They were simple, straightforward and offered no real challenge beyond the eternal struggle of controls.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Ray Liotta leaving a Scarface mansion in an 80s science fiction-styled sports car wearing a Miami Vice suit with his partner in crime Philip Michael Thomas (Tubbs) while Billie Jean blasts away on the radio. Truly, Vice City is an example of a theme taken to its zenith. Every time Rockstar create a sequel with a modern city it feels as redundant as The Elder Scrolls staging the next game on a human continent. Show me the mushrooms!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom