Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's up with RPGamer?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Just came across this website that supposedly covers every RPG ever made. Sure, true enough, they've got a p yuuuge review archive.

And every game is shit.

Seriously, just look up your favorite RPG. It will be 2/5, boring, uninspired, would not recommend, no matter if Western or Japanese, new or old.

They gave Pillars of Eternity 3.5/5, here's an exempt from the review:
This game exists solely because of nostalgia goggles intersecting with crowdfunders' wallets. As a throwback it successfully evokes the best sensations of a ten-year-old style of game while making a few modern improvements and leaving the worst the genres old hindrances behind. It's also worth noting as the first Obsidian where game I haven't encountered a single glitch during play.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I used to browse this site during the early days of the web, I don't remember them being this edgy. Seems like they're trying to channel the Codex now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RPGamer is a JRPG-centric site, isn't it? I think felipepepe tried to find somebody there to contribute to his book and no dice. They know nothing about PC.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like some retarded weeaboo shit. Tried looking up MotB and they don't even have NWN2 review, much less MotB.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
RPGamer has always catered to console RPGs, preferably jRPGs, and the website has been around a long time, with short community reviews. I remember finding their website back in the 90s. They have their niche, but really their site is nothing at all like the Codex. If you are curious about old school jRPGs, the site will have some value.

mogwaimon

Magister
How the fuck did Final Fantasy VI score less than the GBA port with the inferior graphics and music?Oy vey. Final Fantasy X scoring higher than both Zelda LttP and Ocarina of Time? What is this madness?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The same guy gave BG's "battle system" a 4 and Fallout's "battle system" a 10.

wyes gull

Savant
  • Fallout: New Vegas - 4.00
  • Fallout - 4.16
  • Fallout 2 - 4.33
  • Fallout 3 - 4.50
Burn it to the ground.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom