Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hazard - 1998 Korean Action RPG (64bit compatible)

Zandig Slaytanic

Educated
해저드 Hazard

Korean Action RPG | Windows (September 1998)
Developer: Pumpkin Soft | Publisher: SKC Wizard Soft | Genre: Action RPG

Went to install this today and it has a 16bit installer so it does not work on 64bit Windows operating systems.
I've converted the 16bit installer to 32bit so it can now be installed and played on 64bit Windows operating systems.

Download the converted 32bit installer here:
https://mega.nz/#!pb5kjI4R!IqmcDFjW80Sg8F6xbCStnWJKoV0t7gEWrMaktokTOu8

1) Mount the original game CD with Daemon Tools, or other mounting tool
2) Copy the files from the original game CD to a TEMP directory on your hard drive
3) Copy the 32bit setup32.exe (from the Winrar archive) to the TEMP directory
4) Run setup32.exe in the TEMP directory and install the game
5) Set the compatibility of hazard.exe in the game install directory to Windows 98
6) Play the game by running hazard.exe from the game install directory

NOTES:
ORIGINAL GAME CD MUST BE MOUNTED WHILE PLAYING !!!
Original English version of the game CD can be found at O-G.RU
Windows Defender will complain of a false positive Trojan:Win32/Rundas.B when you mount the original game CD (filename: UNINST.EXE on the CD)
You must make your way to the Inn of the first village to find a save location (4th pic below)
More info on the game can be found here: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/korea/part2/games-other5.htm#hazard

Hazard-Korean-RPG.png

Hazard-_Korean_RPG.png

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I remember seeing a small mention of this is some old magazine.

Looks like the most boring, generic piece of shit diablo-clone ever.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
It has been on my radar for the past year or two but I never bothered to give it a try since Britra and Toema Jeonseol give me the Korean ARPG fix from time to time.

swordsmasterxii

Barely Literate
해저드 Hazard

Korean Action RPG | Windows (September 1998)
Developer: Pumpkin Soft | Publisher: SKC Wizard Soft | Genre: Action RPG

Went to install this today and it has a 16bit installer so it does not work on 64bit Windows operating systems.
I've converted the 16bit installer to 32bit so it can now be installed and played on 64bit Windows operating systems.

Download the converted 32bit installer here:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=10799848842132661977

1) Mount the original game CD with Daemon Tools, or other mounting tool
2) Copy the files from the original game CD to a TEMP directory on your hard drive
3) Copy the 32bit setup32.exe (from the Winrar archive) to the TEMP directory
4) Run setup32.exe in the TEMP directory and install the game
5) Set the compatibility of hazard.exe in the game install directory to Windows 98
6) Play the game by running hazard.exe from the game install directory

NOTES:
ORIGINAL GAME CD MUST BE MOUNTED WHILE PLAYING !!!
Original English version of the game CD can be found at O-G.RU
Windows Defender will complain of a false positive Trojan:Win32/Rundas.B when you mount the original game CD (filename: UNINST.EXE on the CD)
You must make your way to the Inn of the first village to find a save location (4th pic below)
More info on the game can be found here: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/korea/part2/games-other5.htm#hazard

Hazard-_Korean_RPG.png
Hi. There is no more file in the link. Can you give me one? This was my favorite game when I was in highschool :)

Zandig Slaytanic

Educated
Hi. I tried but the file is too small, just 0.198 mb. may not yet complete? or maybe the file is broken. Thanks

It's the 32bit INSTALLER for the game so it can be installed and played on 64bit Windows operating systems.
You need the original CD - read the entire first post carefully.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is this game worth the trouble? Not sure what to expect with korean RPGs

thiencna

Barely Literate
I found this thread to late. Can I trouble you to upload the file again please? Thanks so much!

Laksalot

Barely Literate
Nice find, but you actually don’t need an installer nor do you have to mount the CD. It is a simple game and there is a hidden password to bypass the CD check.

All you have to do:
1. Create a new folder where you want to store the game.
2. Copy over the files _hazard.ex_, _hazard.pa_, _music.pa_, _visual.pa_ from the CD/ISO to the folder.
3. Rename them hazard.exe, hazard.pak, music.pak, visual.exe, respectively.
4. Run the executable. When it asks for the CD, type the characters C, F, K, U and click „Ok“. The game will now start normally.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom