Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Anyone played the SNES version of Wizardry VI?

ralphonzo

Novice
Is there any reason I shouldn't play the SNES version instead of the PC version if I lack the benefit of nostalgia? I'm not so hardcore that my balls might wither and fall off if I play a slightly less inconvenient version of a game.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You can transfer your Wizardry VI characters from the PC version of Wiz6 to Wiz7. There is no Wiz7 version on the SNES, therefore no transferring of characters. Wizardry VI, VII, and VIII are a trilogy of games that belong together, and a party you complete Wizardry VI with can be transferred to Wizardry VII, then to Wizardry VIII. This is not necessary to enjoy the game, however. I myself have finished Wizardry VIII before completing Wiz 6 and Wiz 7.

ralphonzo

Novice
Thanks Deuce Traveler, that makes me lean towards PC version.

From what I've heard, SNES version has improved graphics and music, and more 'convenience', which may or may not be code for 'is easier'. I'm really not sure.

ralphonzo

Novice
It's actually the 99% complete translation of the Japanese SFC version (though the English text is taken verbatim from the PC version's script rather than translated from the Japanese). Only Wizardry V came out for US SNES. A friend of mine loved that one when we were kids--he was 4 years older and I didn't really get the appeal at the time...

Looks like it's going to be the PC version with minimap tool after all. Now I just have to study up on building a party...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom