Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator is a game where you play as a Dad and your goal is to meet and romance other hot Dads. You and your daughter have just moved into the sleepy seaside town of Maple Bay only to discover that everyone in your neighborhood is a single, dateable Dad! Will you go out with Teacher Dad? Goth Dad? Bad Dad? Or any of the other cool Dads in this game? With minigames, sidequests, and a variety of paths and endings, Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator is this year's most anticipated Dad-based game.

Features
  • 7 dateable Dads
  • Dad character creator - Create your Dadsona!
  • Multiple endings per-Dad
  • Voiced by the Game Grumps and friends
  • Written by Vernon Shaw and Leighton Gray
  • Artwork and pinups by Shanen Pae, J.N. Wiedle, Anna Pan, Tyson Hesse, Ellen Allsop, Evan Palmer, Ego Rodriguez, and many more!
  • Original score by Jesse Cale
  • Dad-themed mini and micro games throughout each date path
  • So many Dad puns. Like, to the point where it made us all uncomfortable
  • Secretssssssss.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The funding goal via our Kickstarter campaign will not cover the financial requirements to develop Space Odyssey.

Then what the fuck is this KS for?

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
The funding goal via our Kickstarter campaign will not cover the financial requirements to develop Space Odyssey.

Then what the fuck is this KS for?

The Shenmue 3 kickstarter said something about the KS money being used to 'prove interest' to investors or something like that. I predict a fucking trainwreck. Still, you'd hope they'd be smart enough to have a deal like that already lined up (additional funding on condition of KS success), and not just hope one comes along.

pippin

then again, the same could be said of Don Quixote himself. What matters is the dream. The impossible dream.
except cervantes wrote don quixiote to be a moron who denounced it all as a monumental waste of time at the end

so yeah pretty fitting

felipepepe The citation wouldn't be needed if you had, uh... read the book? Quixote is clearly a madman; Cervantes at one point said he read too much wandering knight novels that his brain ended up "drying" itself. The novel was thought and written as a parody of all the heroism and quests of knight novels, and there's a very famous scene where the local priest burns Quixote's knight novels because he regards them as trash and poison.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
felipepepe The citation wouldn't be needed if you had, uh... read the book? Quixote is clearly a madman; Cervantes at one point said he read too much wandering knight novels that his brain ended up "drying" itself. The novel was thought and written as a parody of all the heroism and quests of knight novels, and there's a very famous scene where the local priest burns Quixote's knight novels because he regards them as trash and poison.
Dostoiévski on Dom Quixote:
There is nothing in life more powerful than this piece of fiction. It is still the final and the greatest expression of human thought, the most bitter irony that a human is capable of expressing; and if the world came to an end and people were asked somewhere there: ‘Well, did you understand anything about your life on earth and draw any conclusion from it?’ a person could silently hand over Don Quixote. ‘Here is my conclusion about life. Can you condemn me for it?’
But here I have two master literary critics that KNOW that it's just the story of a moron wasting his time.

They can't even get the irony of a priest that burns Quixote's chivalry tales for being false and leading to extreme behavior - Quixote himself calls doubting his books "a blasphemy", if the comparison wasn't clear enough. This is why we can't have nice things.

Latro

Arcane
There is nothing in life more powerful than this piece of fiction. It is still the final and the greatest expression of human thought, the most bitter irony that a human is capable of expressing; and if the world came to an end and people were asked somewhere there: ‘Well, did you understand anything about your life on earth and draw any conclusion from it?’ a person could silently hand over Don Quixote. ‘Here is my conclusion about life. Can you condemn me for it?’
But here I have two master literary critics that KNOW that it's just the story of a moron wasting his time.

They can't even get the irony of a priest that burns Quixote's chivalry tales for being false and leading to extreme behavior - Quixote himself calls doubting his books "a blasphemy", if the comparison wasn't clear enough. This is why we can't have nice things.

The varying interpretations are amusing really.

Perhaps if DQ wasn't beaten like a literal dog and Cervantes didn't have multiple digressions with soppy romance subplots I'd believe you it's a great moralistic tale, but really in the end it's too wildly off-the-mark in multiple directions for anyone to just say it's a great spiritual work.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

The varying interpretations are amusing really.

Perhaps if DQ wasn't beaten like a literal dog and Cervantes didn't have multiple digressions with soppy romance subplots I'd believe you it's a great moralistic tale, but really in the end it's too wildly off-the-mark in multiple directions for anyone to just say it's a great spiritual work.
Well to be fair, most great literature is susceptible to multiple interpretations. So you could read Quixote it as a cautionary tale of a man who LARPS himself to death, or as an example of why a man must choose idealism, even when that means LARPing himself to death.

Edit: Perhaps the interpretation one advances reveals more about oneself than it does about the novel? [Philosoraptor]

Max Stats

Liturgist
DCXJmY-WsAATr1e.jpg

Now do 360 Xbox 360s, if you can find that many that work.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://reason.com/blog/2017/06/15/dd-creator-gary-gygaxs-fbi-records-make
bout a year ago I filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for the FBI's files on TSR, Inc., the company that originally published the iconic Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game.

I received several dozen pages of records back on Wednesday, including a May 1995 FBI report that contained several paragraphs on Gary Gygax, the game's beloved creator. D&D may have been the summit of nerd culture in the '80s, but the FBI makes Gygax sound hardcore.

An FBI source in the report alleges that Gygax was "eccentric and frightening," carried a weapon, proudly responded to every letter he received from an inmate, and had a Liberian holding company. It concludes: "He is known to be a member of the Libertarian Party."

Check it out:

gygax-file.png
1995 FBI report

In short, Gary Gygax wasn't a snitch and fought the power. When Gygax died in 2008, one of his many fans, the San Francisco artist Chicken John Rinaldi, wrote in an email to Reason eulogizing the original dungeon master:

Gary Gygax saved more lives than penicillin. When I was 10, he was 39. He knew he was writing a book for 10 year olds...but never talked down to us. He was the only adult presence in my life from the time I was 10 to the time I was like 15 that didn't preach, didn't talk down and didn't have any parameters.

lightbane

Arcane
... Japan must burn. Speaking of burning, here's a video with footage from RE7. Spoilers of course, but it's interesting to watch how this... Thing got so high scores. When they said they would brought back stuff from classic REs, I wasn't expecting they meant crazy people with ridiculous mutations and a sturdiness that would make a slasher villain call it "HAAX!". Also, I assumed that even zombies were put down for good when you shoot their heads once or twice, unlike here.
Also, the main character is a lost relative of the one from Far Cry 2, seeing how it can heal being stabbed by an active chainsaw by throwing a little of liquid on his hand. :lol::lol:

hajro

Arbiter
MC was infected with the same shit the bosses have, just didnt get to the state that he would lose his mind.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hmmm: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-22-angela-merkel-will-open-gamescom-2017

Angela Merkel to open Gamescom 2017
Would EU believe it.

E3 is barely over, but already we're looking forward to Gamescom 2017 in August - which this year will be opened by Germany boss Angela Merkel.

jpg

Point and click.

It's the first time the show, held every year in Cologne, Germany, will be opened by the country's leader.

Open to the public, Gamescom is the world's biggest video games event. Last year it packed in some 345,000 people to Cologne's vast Koelnmesse exhibition center.

Speaking from experience, it gets very, very, very, crowded.

By comparison, E3 usually has only 50,000 attendees (though this year it was boosted by public attendance to 68,000) - Gamescom is five times as busy.

"The participation of the Chancellor is a sign of great appreciation for us," Gamescom organiser-in-chief Gerald Böse said.

"With her visit she honours the development of gamescom into one of the most successful and largest events in the German trade fair system. Gamescom is today the world's largest event for computer and video games. She emphasises the position of Koelnmesse as one of the leading trade fair organisers worldwide in the digital media and entertainment segment."

Merkel has never, to our knowledge, publicly expressed much interest in video games. Still, anything to take a break on hearing the latest on Brexit.

Clearly President Trump will have to open E3 next year.

The way this EU thing is going its not surprising to see people preparing a fallback job. Merkel could definitely add some energy and excitement to the show.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I haven't seen eyes so dead since I last watched the Valerian trailer.

I'm half expecting her to exclaim "SPIEL MACHT FREI!" or something equally horrible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom