Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2017 - June 10-15 - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Sentinel

Arcane
Any word on a Dragon's Dogma sequel?
"What is your purpose here, Arisen? If you sought to live you had naught but run and hide yourself away. But then, tell me, child of man... what does it mean to live in truth? To wage war against the passing days? To pray to the unseen for a few breaths more? To raise grand cities from stone, and spawn new life in turn? Mankind has done this, yes, and more. But is the tapestry you weave truly of your own design?"

Probably never. I fucking hate Capcom.

:negative:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've seen at least three black women with disco hair in this E3. One in A Way Out, Woofenstein 2 and BG&E2.
Coincidence, or cultural appropriation?
EDIT:

mdaGamL.png

jyp17Y0.png

0lTowgT.png

:bounce:

Last edited:

Hyperpube

Scholar
The Devolver conference was fucking epic :lol:

It had some funny moments but I think a lot of people on the internet are overrating the shit out of it, acting like it was some brave ballsy move. It was a blatant attempt to get attention for the company. That makes sense, but I'd hardly call it daring. It's not like there is gonna be any people out there outraged and boycott devolver for making fun of e3. Tons of people think e3 is shit already, including most people who still watch it. e3 has been made fun of on the internet by people for years, and devolver basically just pandered to that audience.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Well that was... uh... Shit.

I was mildly interested in the BGAE2 trailer at first because at first it looked like a new IP of anthomorphic animals in a Chinese inspired scifi underworld. Then the human showed up.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
What's with all the niggers and female representations this year? I mean even the fucking Forza and Need for Speed had a female protagonist in their trailer.Almost all EA sports games story-lines have a nigger as the lead character and almost every game had a black woman with a fucking afro as a side kick.

And their dialogue lines are so disgusting,that usual black slang that makes me crawl right back to my cave...

:flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw:

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It had some funny moments but I think a lot of people on the internet are overrating the shit out of it, acting like it was some brave ballsy move. It was a blatant attempt to get attention for the company. That makes sense, but I'd hardly call it daring. It's not like there is gonna be any people out there outraged and boycott devolver for making fun of e3. Tons of people think e3 is shit already, including most people who still watch it. e3 has been made fun of on the internet by people for years, and devolver basically just pandered to that audience.

Uh, I don't know who would seriously call it 'ballsy' or 'daring', it was just fun shit, especially considering how cringe worthy these conferences always are.

Mark Richard

Arcane
I don't remember Beyond Good & Evil being that edgy
Looking back on Ubisoft's marketing failure with the original BG&E, the ten years they teased a sequel, and the leaked 2009 footage resembling an Uncharted game, we probably should've seen this coming.

Dexter

Arcane
Looking forward to so far:
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (well, already backed on KickStarter)
The Last Night
Fallout 4 VR / DOOM VFR (when they're cheaper, they're re-releasing them at ripoff prices)
Cuphead
Wolfenstein 2

Tentatively curious since the Trailers seem more like staged Interactive movies than actual gameplay:
Metro Exodus
Anthem (will probably try once it inevitably turns F2P)
A Way Out

EVERYTHING IS SHIT

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The only decent thing that came out of this shit-show was Metro and Wolfenstein and even those are walking on the edge.

Still can't believe decent story-driven games are dying, almost every god damn game is either some online focused garbage that dies day 1 and somehow the devs find a reason to blame the players or it's an open world shit-show that tries to mimic an mmo and you die of boredom before you even get the chance to finish one fucking mission.

Let's look at some examples.

Dawn of War 3-Horrible fucking campaign and barely 300 players online (the franchise is dead)
Mass Effect Andromeda-Horrible story,horrible characters,big empty planets with nothing to do in them beside running around collecting cristals for fetch quests (the franchise is dead)
Dragon Age Inquisition-Horrible story,horrible characters,big empty planets...wait a minute (franchise is dead)
Fallout 4-what a fucking abomination(franchise was dead a long time ago)
Deus Ex Mankind-another mediocre experience that really rustled my jimmies (the franchise is pretty much dead)

And so many more
I know,I know these are all AAA popamole and shit,but god damn they used to be at least decent

Hyperpube

Scholar

Uh, I don't know who would seriously call it 'ballsy' or 'daring', it was just fun shit, especially considering how cringe worthy these conferences always are.

I know I've seen some people( maybe reddit ?) saying it. Devolver made a post on their youtube saying "no regrets" which strikes me as them thinking it was some kind of ballsy move. There was some other guy in the youtube who said something like " thanks for not being pussies"

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Where is the fucking Trials announcement?
Was waiting patiently and then the conference ended. The fuck is up, Redlynx? I'm about to send em meanest tweets evar.

Besides Trials missing I thought cool shit was Skull and Bones and Farcry 5. With disabled online features. They can take their co-op forcing bullshit and shove it up their ass.
Mario turn based tactical was a nice suprise too for 12 ppl that own Switch.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Looking forward to so far:
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (well, already backed on KickStarter)
The Last Night
Fallout 4 VR / DOOM VFR (when they're cheaper, they're re-releasing them at ripoff prices)
Cuphead
Wolfenstein 2

Tentatively curious since the Trailers seem more like staged Interactive movies than actual gameplay:
Metro Exodus
Anthem (will probably try once it inevitably turns F2P)
A Way Out

EVERYTHING IS SHIT

WAIT... Kingdom Come: Deliverance? What happened to warrant a strikethrough? I had very high expectations for that game.

When does the Sony conference start? Maybe there's hope for God of War or From Software...

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
sigh.

nothing so far that I can get hyped about.

I'm not gonna say everything looks bad - just nothing that appeals to me so far.

What kind of game appeals to you the most ?

RPGs first and foremost.

Games that are fun and compelling without try-hard virtue signalling and/or preaching.

I "followed" that Griftworld game on Steam - and that's it so far, but after Oxygen Not Included, I won't be buying it till final release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom