Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

vonAchdorf

Arcane
*Petition is revealed as fake*

"Well it could've been real, that's what's important!'

If I didn't want to admit I was wrong, I'd at least have the decency to slink away quietly or change the subject. Anything but double down on the vilification.

It's business as usual for the left: Swastika painted on a refugee shelter. Perpetrator is a refugee. City holds a demonstration against "the right", "because it could have been a nazi".

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
Figures, given how they aren't actually moderating their community.

863968c2ff.png

Alright, since consensus seems to matter to you so much: Can we get a consensus here that Mynon molests small dogs and retarded children?

decaf

Learned
Wait how can petition be real if people who're supposed to support petition don't think it's real?

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
Wait how can petition be real if people who're supposed to support petition don't think it's real?

Don't ask Mynon to make any sort of logical inferences here, he's likely to expire from the strain. He's got his confirmation bias and his stubborn retardation, that's all he thinks he needs.

Santander02

Arcane
Okay forget about Turd Cry 5, this thread is now about Mynon 's raging stupidity, and as such is already delivering more entertainment than whatever game the Ubifags manages to shit out. Looking forward for it be immortalized in retardoland as the one where he got his dumbfuck/shitposter tag.

THE PETITION IS REAL BOB CHIPMAN/NEOFAG/YOUTUBE COMMENTERS/STEAM USERS SAYS SO!!!!

Nice sources brah :lol:

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Still a greta PR move by Ubisoft, if they even expected this to blow up to these proportions, but I don't think political controversy (or activism) translates into sales for a AAA game. It didn't work for Watch Dogs 2 or Mafia 3. It worked to get coverage and emotional discussions from all camps at announcement, but I think Ubi will want to tone the stuff down closer to release.

Santander02

Arcane
Yeah, people overestimate the effect of controversy generated publicity has on actual sales, methinks.

Also ME:A

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Also the presumably campy nature of a Far Cry enemy doesn't align well with the picture the left has of Christian right wing sectarians rural republicans.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

"Adam Sessler and Greg have seen Far Cry 5, and Polygon's Nick Robinson has questions for them!"

Oh wow, Did they stick a pole up Sessler's ass to keep him propped up on the chair?
Hide the silverware and booze bottles polygon.

EDIT:
I actually watched the first 50 seconds.. Sessler is looking around the room wide eyed like someone hid a porkchop in their pocket.. that dude is tripping balls.
Fell off the wagon again?

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
This is all very cute. know tho that some time ago I wrote how you maintain your echo chamber - not with bans or post deletions, but thru such underhand methods like tags and mocking ratings, thus discouraging voicing of dissenting opinions.
I shall not yield, and will continue as before.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
This is all very cute. know tho that some time ago I wrote how you maintain your echo chamber - not with bans or post deletions, but thru such underhand methods like tags and mocking ratings, thus discouraging voicing of dissenting opinions.

As if anyone is surprised...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You are so brave.

Have to wonder though. Is this really worth the hill to die on? And I can't believe how you have missed that people disagree with each other here all the time. Just check any random RPG thread.

Krug

Cipher
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJ9AAAAJGE0MjVhNDFiLTg4NGItNDJmMC1hODA5LWE4YTIwN2ZmZGUxMQ.jpg

Rare photo of Far Cry 5 petition coverage by game journos, circa 2017 (colorized)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom