Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Deleted Member 16721

ToEE and then make a toolset for user campaigns. :)

Aurora, sure. Same deal there. Upgrade the engine and promote modules and user mods.

Deleted Member 16721

It would be cool if the engines were built with options for either RTWP or turn-based, based on what the module maker wanted. Then you could do turn-based NWN and RTWP ToEE modules if you'd like. :)

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
What other engines Beamdog could go reverse engineering to produce another load of remasters after IWD2?

Aurora? Forget about that, too complicated for them. ToEE? For just one game not that viable as a business decision.

Plan Escape 2: Torment Harder.

:troll:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What other engines Beamdog could go reverse engineering to produce another load of remasters after IWD2?

Aurora? Forget about that, too complicated for them. ToEE? For just one game not that viable as a business decision.

Lionheart?
Dungeon Lords?
Gorasul- Legacy of the Dragon?

Parabalus

Arcane
This is by far Beamdog's best release (which isn't exactly a roaring endorsement):

• You can seamlessly switch between languages. German TNO sounds like a total cuck
  • flac soundtrack
  • UI is much improved. Ghostdog's is great, but they got rid of the radial menu and it looks nicer overall
  • Autoloot and highlighting are ok. Could have been a bit less obtrusive colour wise
  • Instant load times and alt-tabbing
  • The faster framerate makes everything smoother

Is it worth 20€? Ehh...

I recently played a bit of the original up to BV and this flows noticeably better. If the money means nothing to you and are having an PST itch it's worth the shekels, prolly on a sale to feel less dirty.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
You can seamlessly switch between languages. German TNO sounds like a total cuck
You could have done it with the original too with GOG Galaxy and it's almost as convenient as in this one since you have to exit to menu to change the language.

flac soundtrack
https://af.gog.com/game/planescape_torment_enhanced_edition_official_soundtrack?as=1649904300
It costs $11.

highlighting are ok
Highlighting is for retards and one of the worst Beamdog additions (see here) since many quests rely on gamer's perception (e.g. the ring in buried village or decanter of endless water).

Instant load times and alt-tabbing
Loading times are just as good in the old version as in the new (I've had an impression they're even better). Alt-tabbing also worked perfectly so why are you even mentioning it?

The faster framerate makes everything smoother
lol
GOG version of P:T has also 40 fps which is the default for P:T EE. And you can easily increase that number in torment.ini file.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Planescape:_Torment

I've made a comparison of the 41 additions they're bragging about (at the time I wasn't aware that some of the additions were already included in the original version so the list of useful additions is even shorter) and basically only fugly UI, quick loot and Avellone's proofreading make some difference, the rest is either negligible or stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naraya

Arcane
Alt-tabbing also worked perfectly so why are you even mentioning it?

No, it doesn't work at all. You alt-tab to desktop and when you get back to the game, it keeps dropping to desktop after 2 seconds. It's very annoying.

That's on Win7, full screen, with Qwinn fixpack, widescreen mod and Ghostdog's UI.

edit: I still stand by this statement. In 2 monitor configuration, it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Alt-tabbing also worked perfectly so why are you even mentioning it?

No, it doesn't work at all. You alt-tab to desktop and when you get back to the game, it keeps dropping to desktop after 2 seconds. It's very annoying.

That's on Win7, full screen, with Qwinn fixpack, widescreen mod and Ghostdog's UI.
Then you've done something wrong, it works perfectly for me on Win 7 also with mods.

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
This is by far Beamdog's best release (which isn't exactly a roaring endorsement):

• You can seamlessly switch between languages. German TNO sounds like a total cuck
  • flac soundtrack
  • UI is much improved. Ghostdog's is great, but they got rid of the radial menu and it looks nicer overall
  • Autoloot and highlighting are ok. Could have been a bit less obtrusive colour wise
  • Instant load times and alt-tabbing
  • The faster framerate makes everything smoother

Is it worth 20€? Ehh...

I recently played a bit of the original up to BV and this flows noticeably better. If the money means nothing to you and are having an PST itch it's worth the shekels, prolly on a sale to feel less dirty.
Yeah this is actually a lot better than expected. Basically they delivered what they promised this time without all the SJW crap. Even the black outlines (which I thought was crap from all the screenshots) look pretty good zoomed out in high resolution. I'm still at the mortuary though so not sure how the outlines will look with other backgrounds. Definitely a good way to replay/ start PS:T.

schru

Arcane
Someone that listened to it could tell me if it worth a dime? I know that probably not, but I wish to know if at least sounds better than the original one.
I've had an opportunity to compare a few tracks to the old CD release (not the tracks from the game itself, but an audio CD with the sound track) and I couldn't hear any difference on my system. The tracks seems to be one-second-shorter on average and have a slightly lower bit rate compared to a Windows Media Audio rip I have access to, but that might just be due to the different format, I don't know about those things. The credits sequence track has been left out too, but one of the developers at the Steam forums said that they will look into this.

Parabalus

Arcane
You could have done it with the original too with GOG Galaxy and it's almost as convenient as in this one since you have to exit to menu to change the language.

It's nowhere close since you have to exit the game, not everyone has the gog version.

Quite greedy of them, guess I'll get it for free then.

Highlighting is for retards and one of the worst Beamdog additions (see here) since many quests rely on gamer's perception (e.g. the ring in buried village or decanter of endless water).

That doesn't really affect us since we know those locations by heart anyway.

I agree, it's a concern for new players, but for them the old version is unpalatable. I'm not a fan of pixel hunting as compelling gameplay. If Beamdog was smart they'd disable the highlight until Gris tells you about it but I doubt they did it.

Loading times are just as good in the old version as in the new (I've had an impression they're even better). Alt-tabbing also worked perfectly so why are you even mentioning it?

They are faster for me. Alt-tabbing the original takes 2-3 second while the EE is instant.

I'll go through your list a bit later.

Why are you so butthurt about Beamdog? You own the original so you aren't even hurt by the removal of it from the store. You just aren't the target audience, and that's ok. Why the hardcore shilling?

Last edited by a moderator:

hell bovine

Arcane
That is the one argument "in favor" of PS:T I don't get. A search quest should not "rely on gamer's perception" in the first place, but on your character's perception.

ArchAngel

Arcane

KotC EE :D

Gruncheon

Savant
What's the story with all of the cut content added by mods, has that been added back in this release?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Yeah this is actually a lot better than expected. Basically they delivered what they promised this time without all the SJW crap. Even the black outlines (which I thought was crap from all the screenshots) look pretty good zoomed out in high resolution. I'm still at the mortuary though so not sure how the outlines will look with other backgrounds. Definitely a good way to replay/ start PS:T.

You can disable the black outlines in the options.

Vicar

Cipher
Patron

You can disable the black outlines in the options.
I know, I just turned it on to see how it looks in game and it surprised me. I guess another thing I like about this EE is that it's really customisable. If people can get over Beamdog's past failures this is a pretty solid release.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
If people can get over Beamdog's past failures this is a pretty solid release.
WTF are you talking about? They've barely "enhanced" it, it's only "solid" because the unmodded version is solid. They're taking you for an idiot and they're right, congratulations.

Edit: Whose alts are crayen and Latmey ? See their activity.
DarkUnderlord

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom