Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
The heavy drizzle and mist around the fens befuddles more than a few of you as find the ground becomes increasingly boggy and treacherous, a fair bit of time is lost as some people take wrong turns or make bad guesses.

It's starting to get dark out on the moors, but a few of the more eagle-eyed amongst you spot the faintest outline of what might be a hut on stilts about a half-mile away (the functional limit of your vision right now). The smells of swamp gas and rotting vegetation hang heavy in the air. Urash gets excited and swears he can smell something cloyingly "sweet"coming from a still pool about 20 yards away from you -- like honeysuckle and sweetmeats (roll a 1d100 L'ennui)

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash almost unconsciously guides his horse closer and closer to waters edge, drawn by the sweet scents filling his nose. However, when you are about ten feet away from the turgid pool, your reverie is broken when bubbles begin to rise and *plop*; slowly at first and then more rapidly.

L'ennui

Magister
"Uh, guys..."

Urash steers the pony backwards, regaining some distance from the pool.

"There seems to be some movement in there."

He points at the bubbles breaking the surface.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric readies a torch in his left hand and grips his maul nearest to the business end in his right and jumps off his horse.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr guides his horse away from the danger, dismounts, and readies for combat.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Griffon, fey goat guy, and disappearing stairs. We've have a lot of fantastical stuff lately. I bet this is just an overly gassy turtle. We'll all have a chuckle at it and our overreaction and move along. It takes days to post about it because it's JUST. THAT. GASSY.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Griffon, fey goat guy, and disappearing stairs. We've have a lot of fantastical stuff lately. I bet this is just an overly gassy turtle. We'll all have a chuckle at it and our overreaction and move along. It takes days to post about it because it's JUST. THAT. GASSY.
Shit, and here I am ready to point a torch at a methane expulsion.

nikolokolus

Arcane
"What about the ROUS'es?"

"The rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist ..."

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
One by one you dismount or move away from the ominously roiling pool. The stream of bubbles stop for a few seconds and the pool goes fallow. Suddenly a bluish-green monstrosity erupts from the black waters of the marsh, looking something like a colossal frog about over 10' wide and long. A single eyestalk juts from the top of its head, and 4 rubbery, green-black tentacles snap and writhe through the air at least ten feet long reaching out in front of its weird gaping maw full of razor-sharp teeth. Instinctively it surges forward with frightening speed.

JpUG208.png

From top to bottom: Mab, Urash, Cormac (left), Ker (right), Rhenmyr, Borric, Marcán

Everyone being alerted to "something" is free to act without being surprised.

ROUND 1: (state intent, Move up to 1/2 your move, but -5 Dex ranks with 2 MV, and -10 Dex ranks with 4 MV. Beast has reach, so you'll have to dodge to get near enough it to attack with anything less than a pike/Long spear)
Rhenmyr
Borric
Monstrosity
Ker
Mab
Cormac
Urash
Marcán

L'ennui

Magister
Urash recoils from the monster, then regains his composure and points a crooked finger at the beast. He utters a string of harsh, guttural words.

1/2 move away IF that still lets me begin casting the spell (if not, Urash not moving), then casting Agony.

Agony (resisted POW vs POW): [1d100] = 20

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash must be stationary, or else his casting roll becomes 'difficult' (half skill).

ERYFKRAD what is Borric's throw skill?

Marcán easily slips past the lashing tentacles.

When I'm not restricted to posting from my phone in a few hours, I'll post armour rolls

L'ennui

Magister
Urash must be stationary, or else his casting roll becomes 'difficult' (half skill).

ERYFKRAD what is Borric's throw skill?

Marcán easily slips past the lashing tentacles.

When I'm not restricted to posting from my phone in a few hours, I'll post armour rolls

Urash will not be moving, then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom