Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Drakron

Arcane
How about we making Mass Effect 4 being on a new galaxy where you meet new civilizations and meet new alien life for the first time on a sort of Star Trek trip. Imagine you dealing with with primitive aliens and you as the leader of the expedition suffering alot of pressure from people that want to dominate those aliens to their benefit.

Look, that is dumb ... this is like the US deciding to explore the Amazon Indians and force then to build iPhone, it doesnt work ... its not the 16th century, the technological advancements requires a educated and skilled workforce and not a large one due to automation.

I dislike that simply on the grounds its nonsensical, its trying to push a anachronism simply because colonialism was bad completely ignoring why we freed the slaves and that wasnt because "slavery is bad".

We could make a paralel of the american indian contact with the european culture and how many sorts of problems that relationship had. How about you dealing with an strange world with an strange culture that you consider morally repulsive but that is completely understandable on the enviroment they live on. Would you intervene and take the planet for you? Is it okay for you to impose "civilization"? And "improve" their lives?

Again, dumb because ITS NOT THE 16th CENTURY!
There are NO parallels, plus you dont even need to go to another galaxy, heck you dont need to even fucking leave Earth, this is simply being on a soapbox trying to "educate" why colonialism is bad.

[quote[Maybe there are different factions formed on how to deal with the aliens divide, some like the Kroogans defend slavery, others like the salarians defend the civilization to be brought o the savages, the Asari defend non intervention and to go on less fertile planets to not intervene with them, humans defend using the savages to beat the big bad antagonist...[/quote]

Again, Space Slavery is stupid.

The best part of the Mass Effect games were the genophage story and it is the only clever thing Bioware ever did on Mass Effect and because it is the only morally relevant part of Mass Effect, it isn't wonder that the best characters of the game are related with it.

The Geth werent and the Geth were interresting as they were a actual totally alien species.

How about you being the salarians now? Giving weapons and technology for the natives so they can fight for you against a much more numerous threat that is your common enemy but when they outlive their usefulness you backstab them and take the planet for your race?

Except the Krogans were already at a industrial age when the Salarians uplifted them, plus what they did wasnt exactly wrong but just ended up creating another problem as Krogans started to expand at too much of a high rate, the Xenophage was a attempt to not just downright sterilize them but rather to lower their reproduction rates to something that was sustainable.

Salarains did nothing wrong.

When you are talking about "natives" and "primitives" I can only think of a pre-industrial age species were doing so would be ... oh ... FUCKING STUPID! it would be the same as giving the Amazonian Indian tribes F-22s and Abram tanks and send them to fight a war, IT DOESNT WORK THAT WAY.

But don't worry, this is a "videa gaeme", cover shooting weird aliens in the face, collecting trinkets and romancing 12 year olds plastic mannequins with bad animations is much more important than that boring thematic stuff. Yeah, this game just looks like the typical quick consumption culture product that AAA and its friends are dumping on hungry retards but comically more inept than usual.

Not what you trying to propose is in any better ....

Except it is. Your comments haven't focused solely on the feminazi accusation.
Because you are reading my sentences as if they are isolated statements and not looking at them with the context of the rest of my posts, jackass.
For the same reason we care when a gamer is mocked in an (un)justified [typo] way: it could be us someday and no one wants to live in that kind of society.
I don't know why you and scrooge (et al) won't just admit you don't like seeing women get insulted. Or, you just don't like people making mean comments generally?
Notice how you omit this sentence:
So, yeah, I'm w Scrooge on this. Insult her all you want, but don't play the out-of-context/libel game.
Might go against your argument that I don't like to see women insulted, just a bit. :roll:

Maybe try reading my whole post next time and reading other posts in an argument before jumping in and making an ass out of yourself. If you had done that, you'd also have noticed that I started out by attacking Scrooge before understanding her point too.

Really, I don't care what it is, but if you are just taking things out of context or making up lies about people (men or women) who we don't even know are SJWs, you are just robbing yourselves of anything approaching legitimacy. Again, I don't have as much problem with doing this to SJWs because thy choose to use these tactics too and therefore they have no ground to stand on when they try to defend themselves against it, but unless we know someone is a feminazi, I really don't see the point in calling them one.

And I know it's really probably just triggering you because it reminds you of criticisms people have made of gamergate in the past because they were fighting back against SJWs, but again this isn't necessarily an SJW we are talking about and that's my whole point, so suck it up.
Or, you don't like that this discredits criticism of games companies by gamers in the eyes of journalists (that ship has sailed)? In any case, it's not really about the feminazi accusation, and even calling it an accusation is an exaggeration.
No, it isn't. Ralph took 5 seconds of a longer video that was clearly not political and framed it as political.

That's SJW fake news tactics where they take a 5 second sound bite of Trump, Pewdiepie or whoever and try to make them look like a nazi. And us continuing it and calling her a feminazi doesn't help.

Do we really want to become Antifa and call people "Nazis" or Feminazis or SJWs when we don't know if it even applies so that we lose all the meaning of the words? Do we really want to be the "literally Hitler" crowd of morons? Really? This is the hill you want to die on?
I don't take seriously what Ralph says and neither does half his reader base.

This is an incredibly silly game you're playing. I haven't omitted anything. You yourself--and others--continually vacillate between finding the insults against this particular developer problematic and only finding the "accusation" problematic. That you can't make up your mind, or are lying depending on the situation, isn't my concern.

I haven't said anything about this developer. I think most of the comments made about her have been irrelevant, and not particularly amusing. I was never involved or particularly concerned with GG. My only gripe about this whole debacle is watching people:
1) pretend like what's going on is particularly offensive or noteworthy, and
2) attempt to equate the "accusations" (most of which, on the codex at least, you know are ironic/won't go anywhere) against this developer with the entirely serious, targeted life-ruining harassment that SJWs engage in routinely, not just online, but IRL as well.

Basically, stop white-knighting. Stop equating trolling to SJW insanity. And, take you're own advice and don't presume things of other people.

Why is it that I find a Codexers lovers tiff about somebody working on this game, more engaging, dramatic and far better written than the actual game?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I don't take seriously what Ralph says and neither does half his reader base.
Great, then nobody called her a feminazi and we have no problem. :roll:
This is an incredibly silly game you're playing.
who said I was playing ME:A? :M
This is an incredibly silly game you're playing. I haven't omitted anything. You yourself--and others--continually vacillate between finding the insults against this particular developer problematic and only finding the "accusation" problematic. That you can't make up your mind, or are lying depending on the situation, isn't my concern.
I just quoted you where I was saying that it's fine to insult her. I've been laughing at the thread the whole time she was being insulted. Look at how I've rated posts. Look at how I responded to scrooge. But when scrooge pointed out that a particular insult was unfair, I agreed. Prove me wrong or drink bleach.

I think you're just conflating your assumption of what I am saying with what I am actually saying.
I haven't said anything about this developer.
I didn't say you did. But others brought up the feminazi thing, which led scrooge to criticize it. I agreed with her after initially disagreeing and now you are ass mad about it for some reason.
pretend like what's going on is particularly offensive or noteworthy, and
I made one post on an internet forum. Big frick'n deal, dude.

The only drama queen here is you in your overreaction to it.
attempt to equate the "accusations" (most of which, on the codex at least, you know are ironic/won't go anywhere) against this developer with the entirely serious, targeted life-ruining harassment that SJWs engage in routinely, not just online, but IRL as well.
Same tactic (out of context quotes and saying someone is a nazi), but a smaller platform. Not that it's every or the only tactic they use, but it is one.

Again, this doesn't have to be a big deal, but you keep bitching and trying to paint me as being pro-feminist or anti-insult. That's bullshit and I'll thank you to focus on what I actually say and not whatever it is you are imagining I am saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drakron

Arcane
Isn't Bioware Canadian?

Yes but its like AssCreed being Canadian since it was made by Ubisoft Montreal, this one is being made by BioWare Montreal.

There are many studios in Montreal because of incentives, of course half the staff isnt French Canadian or even Canadian, they really should build a wall and make the US pay for it ...

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
Geth were interresting as they were a actual totally alien species.

Except they are not? The geth were robots made by the quarians (Tali's race). There is a very long passage in ME3 about this.

They were because they were a collective conscience, they have a completely alien mentality simply because a Geth is a Geth, they dont seem to have much understanding for individuality even Legion only gained some because the Geth that made Legion operated for too long.

Geth were very expanded in ME2, they were a way to bypass the ban on AI so each doesnt qualify as a AI but when operating as a ground, they are AI, they have no concept of gender, individuality and because of how they work they almost completely accept whatever decisions are made by majority.

Falksi

Arcane
Have seen a few vids today that actually look half decent. Mainly with the jetpack adding a nice dynamic to the combat

Also, whilst no doubt flawed in various ways, Mass Effects original trilogy was good in parts, mainly the first game. Even the second had it's plus points.

Gets a little worrying when folk don't see any of the original as good games. Kinda sets a pretty high standard for games to adhere to, and then folk will wonder why companies don't take any risks.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

"Though in a coma, Sarah's mental processes remain intact."
:hmmm:
I feel Bioware doesn't understand the meaning of the word "coma"....

edit: also, I seriously thought that salaciousbcrumb was making all that up about the coma. Does that mean they really ripped off Evangellion and made his mother the AI too?

The problem here is that this Ralph Retort guy was the one who brought this into life. IIRC he is a manlet and a retard.

https://techraptor.net/content/kekraptor-mass-effect-andromeda-review-its-like-no-mans-sky-but-worse

Lol 0.5/10

Pros
  • Offers more of what made Mass Effect memorable
  • Campaign can end up being a dozen hours long
  • Multiplayer can be pretty fun, but it's not the main draw of the game
  • Maps are large enough to be considered pseudo-open world

Cons
  • Is an EA game
  • Has microtransactions
  • Is an EA game
  • Mass Effect 3 ending still exists in memory
  • Is not The Witcher 3, the pinnacle of all of humanity's greatest achievements
  • Still an EA game

I like to live in a world where it took a company from fucking Poland for americucks to finally realize they are a bunch of mediocre idiots

Isn't Bioware Canadian?

Canada, despite what people like to say or think, does not exist in the real world.

You just blew my mind, because you are completely right...
...Canada doesn't exist it's just a state of mind, a delusion for libtard SJW's Americans to pretend they're not Americans so they aren't associatated with Gun loving FreedomBurgers who they sneer at. It's just a way for left wing Americans to pretend they're from another country when they go abroad, because they can't do an Australian accent. They even have their own smug hierachy where some people pretend to be French Canadians, to seem even more educated and exclusive and try to speak French. Though the French can't understand their moonspeak, laugh at them and call them cunts. Even their PM is a delusion based on a fag commie SJWs wet dream of a bangable beardless Castro...

Trudeau-Castro-crop.jpg

Canada simply cannot exist because about 20 plus American celebrities promised to move their if Trump won the election and they are still in America shitting up the TV screens...

...Canada dosen't exist, it's just a safe space, on a college campus in California inside a liberal art students mind.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

edit: also, I seriously thought that salaciousbcrumb was making all that up about the coma. Does that mean they really ripped off Evangellion and made his mother the AI too?

"It's strange I don't feel anything"

5 minutes later she is disturbed by hearing her father is dead.

:hahano:

Padzi

Arbiter

"It's strange I don't feel anything"

5 minutes later she is disturbed by hearing her father is dead.

:hahano:

9359843450_09db7504ab.jpg

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
They were because they were a collective conscience, they have a completely alien mentality simply because a Geth is a Geth, they dont seem to have much understanding for individuality even Legion only gained some because the Geth that made Legion operated for too long.

It always seemed like they put genuine effort into writing Legion's dialogue and tried to make the Geth actually interesting and unique in ME2.

Legion: The heretics accepted their technology. The Old Machines offered to give us our future. The geth will achieve our own future.
Shepard: What difference does it make how you acquire a certain technology?
Legion: Technology is not a straight line. There are many paths to the same end. Accepting another's path blinds you to alternatives. Nazara — Sovereign — said this itself. "Your civilization is based upon the technology of the mass relays. Our technology. By using it, your society develops along the paths we desire."

Shepard: Do geth have a government?
Legion: Not as you understand it. We are all geth. We build consensus.
Shepard: Most governments do.
Legion: Organic governments impose consensus. From a single point of view in autocracies. By codifying the most broadly acceptable average of views in democracies.
Shepard: So what makes the geth different?
Legion: Data is shared between geth. All viewpoints are considered. Consensus is achieved as data is disseminated.

Whether they succeeded or not is a matter of opinion, but at least an effort appears to have been made. How did they get from this to "Tee hee you're cute. My face is tired."? Surely at some point along the line someone should've noticed what utter dross they were putting out. Yes, ME2 had some shit dialogue too, but it seems like literally everything we see of Pannedromeda's dialogue is absolutely abysmal, and that's not even taking the voice acting into account.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
This thread is going to deliver tomorrow for real, when reviews will be out. It's only 12h~ before internet blows out. I'll let it be, buy popcorn and read it when home.
Btw, we probably spent reading and writting about mass effect series more hours than needed for single ME2 or ME3 playtrough. Should we name it then? Mass Effect: The Internet?

Have seen a few vids today that actually look half decent. Mainly with the jetpack adding a nice dynamic to the combat

Also, whilst no doubt flawed in various ways, Mass Effects original trilogy was good in parts, mainly the first game. Even the second had it's plus points.

Gets a little worrying when folk don't see any of the original as good games. Kinda sets a pretty high standard for games to adhere to, and then folk will wonder why companies don't take any risks.

Got to say that the only thing that looks passable about this game is the combat, which is shit and not on par with any good or bog standard shooters of the past ten years, besides which they apparently have taken out squad commands so you can't even combo your powers anymore.

As for the other games I played Mass Effect and enjoyed the experience, I played ME2 and was kind of meh it's allright, but I hated the stick to cover gameplay that I found frustrating in the very first mission. Now though the more I think of that game the more I think it's bad, mainly for scrapping the most interesting parts of the narrative of the first game, retconning the Protheians and not improving the RPG mechanics but scrapping them...Oh and planet scanning.

So basically MEA marketing is now reduced to buy our story driven game for the average multiplayer combat.

And buy our game because it's being mocked by strawmen we are calling MysoggyKnee bullies...

You can also show support aid's victims by fucking them and giving yourself aids.

Poor Bioware, poor EA... being harrased by 15 year olds on the internet, won't somebody think of the shareholders

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
People on Reddit are posting that new patch is live, 1.0.0.4.
I wonder what does it fix.

They forgot to include the script that triggers one of the homosexual romances. That's a day-one emergency fix right there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom