Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jinn

Arcane
I think the ring you get in Pillars was a backer item, and you need to sell it to be able to make your own party right from the start. Pretty bad form. Have they said if they are going to do the same in Pillars 2?

Strange. I didn't back Pillars of Eternity and I was able to create a party from the beginning.

Prime Junta

I think the ring you get in Pillars was a backer item, and you need to sell it to be able to make your own party right from the start. Pretty bad form. Have they said if they are going to do the same in Pillars 2?

Strange. I didn't back Pillars of Eternity and I was able to create a party from the beginning.

You don't need to sell it, but it is a nice shortcut if you want to roll your own and optimise the XP. Level up to just over 3000 XP, then hire a level 2 party. If you had the ring and sold it right away, you'll have the dosh. Otherwise you'll have to work for it a bit, like maybe mug a few backer NPCs or something.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
You don't need to sell it, but it is a nice shortcut if you want to roll your own and optimise the XP. Level up to just over 3000 XP, then hire a level 2 party. If you had the ring and sold it right away, you'll have the dosh. Otherwise you'll have to work for it a bit, like maybe mug a few backer NPCs or something.

I appreciate that shortcut a lot as I tend to start over compulsively with a new party. Upon research it seems that everyone got the ring once they had WM1 installed though. At any rate it could be a (very lame) reason to pre-order for me.

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar
Now in his infinite autism Sawyer decided to make spells per-encounter.

I wasn't here, but I'd imagine back when POE was in development and it was revealed there were no restrictions on quickitems (potions, etc.) aside from the cooldown, people back then probably had similar concerns, but in the end it worked out fine. A lot of abilities in POE were per-encounter. The things that were per rest like spells could be circumvented by backtracking to an inn and resting after every fight, so that was a loophole to exploit that restriction. May as well just make them per encounter and rebalance them around that, which is exactly what he's doing. This puts Wizards more on par with Chanters and Ciphers who have no hard limit on their casts, but have to work up to it. It became an issue in POE when your wizards had exhausted all their spells and the whole party was forced to rest even when everyone else was fine and ready to go.

And the people who enjoy Pillars of Shit are larpers.

Do you even know what Larping is? "CRPG Larpers" is an oxymoron -- kinda like you, minus the "oxy" part.

The man is an autist, straight up.

So what if he is? So were many great minds throughout history, such as Einstein and Nikola Tesla. The world was made a better place because such people lived. Given Mr. Sawyer's obsession with obscure subjects like medieval history and hagiography, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he actually is somewhere on the spectrum. His interest and knowledge of these subjects are put to good use in these sorts of games he makes.

If anyone is a "degenerate" it is people like you who are envious of these far more intelligent individuals, like Josh Sawyer, who have accomplished so much, and will be remembered and revered for all eternity; while trolls like you on the other hand, will be buried in an unmarked grave, alone, and forgotten.

Unwanted

lili

Unwanted
The things that were per rest like spells could be circumvented by backtracking to an inn and resting after every fight, so that was a loophole to exploit that restriction. May as well just make them per encounter and rebalance them around that, which is exactly what he's doing.
Except its not what he is doing. He is re"""balancing""" Dragon Age Deadroads the MMO for casuals who like Bethesda running simulators.

The solution to a loophole is to fix the loophole, not to scrap resource management of memory slots.

The hilarious thing is, the loophole is STILL THERE. Because Empowered Spells! Lol, so nothing got "fixed" even from his autistic perspective. :lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=291#updates

Update #23 - Creature Feature - All About Naga!
POSTED: 03/14/2017

Welcome, fellow wanderers! It's been a week, but we have quite a few new tidbits to share with you. First: we wanted to let you know that we're drawing ever closer to our goal of $4.75 million - sea monsters and fishing in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F7aa046753c7eb1f3e564dbf79a0593ed630ffc39%2Foriginal.jpg%3F1488400894

How are we getting more funds to the campaign? Simple: through "slacker" backers. There are two ways you can back us:

• Right here on Fig - Just click the Slacker Backer button to back us, change how you've already backed us, or add an add-on item to your order.
    • Our current total earnings from Slacker Backers on Fig is right about $84,000.
  • Through Our Backer Portal - Head on over to the Deadfire Backer Portal to back us there. Also, you'll want to register at the backer portal in order to set up your order for fulfillment, whether you backed us via Fig or the portal. Plus, the backer portal is PayPal compatible, so if you want to use PayPal, that's where you'll want to go!
    • Our current total earnings from Slacker Backers on our portal is about: $63,500.
That puts our total earnings from Slacker Backers at around $147,500, and our overall campaign total at just over $4.55 million. There are 42 days remaining until we stop accepting Slacker Backers. You have until April 25th, so spread the word to help us reach our $4.75M stretch goal, and eventually $5M for our awesome 8th companion, Ydwin!

Regarding the Backer Portal: Expect another update from us very soon with instructions for linking your pledges and claiming your Tyranny coupon! All of your rewards and add-ons will be completely transferred over to the Backer Portal very soon, so keep an eye out for that update. Tyranny coupons will be valid until May 31st.

And now, an introduction to one of our creatures in Pillars II!

All About Naga
https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F43cd17ec0628be3425d17ae2c504ab9841f16033%2Foriginal.jpg%3F1489464545

Behold the intimidating and cunning naga, one of our many types of creatures in Pillars II:

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F5e4370c2d199300024dd1c3ab193c5867542ba34%2Foriginal.jpg%3F1489437926

Variants, Types & Abilities
There are three variants of naga with their own resistances and weaknesses:

• Naga (Poison)
    • Resistances: Poison
    • Weaknesses: None
  • Flame Naga (Fire)
    • Resistances: Dexterity Afflictions (Hobbled, Immobilize, Paralyze), Piercing Resistance
    • Weaknesses: Slashing, Water
  • Coral Naga (Water)
    • Resistances: Dexterity Afflictions (Hobbled, Immobilize, Paralyze), Piercing Resistance
    • Weaknesses: Slashing, Shock
The variants can be further broken down into types, each with their own unique abilities:

• Warriors: The least intelligent type of naga. These are brutes focused primarily on dealing melee damage.
  • Skirmishers: Also known as archers. Skirmishers are the most venomous, cunning, and deadly.
  • Shamans: Spiritual and political leaders. Most intelligent and Druid/Priest casters.
Abilities broken down by variants and type:

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2Fc88722b12643581e4666889bcdd11593669da2e9%2Foriginal.png%3F1489445140

Lore

Naga are a species of intelligent, reptilian wilder. They are native to many islands in the Deadfire Archipelago, and their various subspecies have adapted to a variety of conditions present there, including jungles, coral atolls, and volcanic slopes.

Social by nature, they tend to live in large groups, often under the guidance of spiritual leaders. Most are highly religious and consider themselves more sensitive to the will of the gods than kith societies, which has led to violent confrontations between the native naga and the many newcomers to Deadfire. On the other hand, they maintain neutral relationships with most Huana tribes.

Their long-established oral tradition tells of the cataclysmic devastation of the archipelago millennia ago, and of the kith misdeeds that preceded it. Many attribute naga hostilities to these tales and to the mistrust they engender.

original.gif

As development continues, we will update you with more in-game footage, animations, and information about the naga and other creatures living within Deadfire.

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our Backer Portal update!

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

nice. Nice! NICE!

Congrats on hitting the fishing milestone with monsters! This continued support toward Deadfire says a lot about the impact Pillars made on so many it continues to engage and showcase a lot of great new features but Nagas are always so scary sounding and rare right but now there are going to be all kinds of them slithering around near molten lava from spewing volcanoes and along the salty shores and I guess in some coral caves too?? It kind of makes me think of Diablo with different monster variations so I hope running into Nagas are rare and not like Gibberlings in BGEE or something like Diablo monster swarms right?

5MILLION on the horizon it is going to happen! :salute:

Thanks,
Sherry

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope they just give us what we want and add the 4.75M regardless of how much slacker backers "donate". Or else mutiny?

Sentinel

Arcane
Ydwin's a potential elven slut waifu so that's that
bioware_logo.png

actually fuck that, kaelyn the dove is the best waifu
obsidian just give me all the waifus i dont even care at this point, game's gonna suffer from all the bleeding writing talent anyway

Sherry

Arcane
They haven't hit it yet, Randy.

Hi.

Gosh!! I got all excited when I saw the post made and then looked at the Naga pictures and posted but yeah that is very misleading so if they really want to boost the money drive they should not have used Nagas but maybe a sneak peak of what a sea monster would look like in the sea next to our boat as it attacks or see the massive shadow of its body beneath the waves.

p.s. thank-you for getting my alt-name right!
heart.png
heart.png

Thanks,
Randal

Quillon

Arcane
The fuck's up with their numbers? When I posted here that it should be around 4.525k they came out the next day or so and said its 4.580k and now they are saying its 4.550k...

prev update said:
First off, we've hit ~$4,580,000 in total funding, putting us one step closer to unlocking our penultimate stretch goal: Sea Monsters & Fishing

latest update said:
That puts our total earnings from Slacker Backers at around $147,500, and our overall campaign total at just over $4.55 million.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The fuck's up with their numbers? When I posted here that it should be around 4.525k they came out the next day or so and said its 4.580k and now they are saying its 4.550k...

prev update said:
First off, we've hit ~$4,580,000 in total funding, putting us one step closer to unlocking our penultimate stretch goal: Sea Monsters & Fishing

latest update said:
That puts our total earnings from Slacker Backers at around $147,500, and our overall campaign total at just over $4.55 million.

OEIWaffles
DEVELOPER

@Astrolabe, We did have a typo in that last update, thank you for making us aware of it. It should have been 4.53, and then 4.55 for this most recent update. Apologies for the confusion!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I doubt they'll reach 5M, they seem overly confident in it.

42 days is a long time. They will reach and exceed $5 million.

It doesn't seem likely. It's been 17 days and they've made 147,500 extra = ~8676 a day. If that average was maintained (and given that the #s for the first few days were much higher, that seems unlikely), they'd collect another ~365k, which still leaves them almost 100k from 5M.

Granted, maybe once the backer portal is actually fully up and running (with pledges transferred so people can modify theirs) we'll see a spike. If we don't, no waifu for us. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom