Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Some people wanted consensus. Thanks to a "Totally fair (and random) Number Generator"™ several posts from this magnificent thread were chosen to express general opinion about the game.

LOL, you should post this on the other thread in the news page!

Harold

Arcane
MhZWnnp.jpg

raw

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Some people wanted consensus. Thanks to a "Totally fair (and random) Number Generator"™ several posts from this magnificent thread were chosen to express general opinion about the game.
numenera_rating.jpg

And for those, who own a digital copy of the game but want to have boxed one, look no further! Print this box art and put it on the shelf!
Easy! Simple! Without much EFFORT! Don't forget to cut some content it and fold into a box!!!
art.jpg

Holy shit! Post of the year!

:brodex:

Prime Junta

So people, what was your favourite part of the game? I think mine was when I anally violated the Bloom.

There was a meeting. These guys got together, and somebody said, wouldn't it be cool if there was this climactic moment where you had to get through the Bloom's sphincter? And you could try forcing it open by Bashing, or getting it to gently relax with Lore: Natural, or tickle it with Quick Fingers? And then someone said, why just one, let's make it so they have to do all three? And then the others said, yeah that's cool, they'll love it, but make sure that there's this super-tense music going and enemies swarming from everywhere so they'll be fighting for their lives to crawl up that stinky pink hole? And then everybody was like :highfive: and now THAT'S what a proper Planescape: Torment sequel is all about.

Hellion

Arcane
I remember that there ACTUALLY WAS a [Lore: Natural] check when facing such a sphincter in the Bloom that, upon success, read "you realise that by massaging its outer rim it seems to relax" or something along these lines.

10/10 would massage again.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Sure glad they used that $5M on professional artists. And writers.

So far I found two instances of "it feels like an eternity" thrown around like nothing for the most banal situations. Waiting to see how many times they've used it.

Really, did this game even have an editor?

And the art in the meres (which altogether seem pretty pointless?) is almost up there with the t-rex lady.

Last edited:

hexer

Nicer GUI, NPC portraits and all that VO!
Video from 2015.
Dammit I was so fucking hyped.. like a virginal teenage girl being introduced to Justin Bieber in the backstage.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Sure glad they used that $5M on professional artists. And writers.

So far I found two instances of "it feels like an eternity" thrown around like nothing for the most banal situations. Waiting to see how many times they've used it.

Really, did this game even have an editor?

And the art in the meres (which altogether seems pretty pointless?) is almost up there with the t-rex lady.

Why need editors when you have a room full of best wryters evur! Editors just gets in the way of their genious wryting!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
lol!

Lol I loved the three-eyed-blob and the mask of prosper ! :D A true homage to the angry people of codex. Especially all the notions of incline/decline and the portal to incline was just a faded memory XD.. also poking stabs at obsidian

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah seriously, WTF is with severe lack of VO? I feel they had more VO in the first alpha gameplay trailers than I managed to hear in the entire game. VO is so rare it literally defeats the purpose of being there, because instead of adding immersion, when someone speaks up you're like, holy shit what just happened.

I sure as fuck hope it's a bug.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
So, is this game shit? So far it looks like all you do is walk around playing some genderless faggot with a fag haircut and read explanations of things you can spot with your own eyes and combat is neither meaningful nor really there.

Are you guys into shitty isometric visual novels now? Even without hot titties? Betcha half of the shills in this thread backed Shadowrun Returns and loved every minute of it. So much for a Great RPG Revival. :lol:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Current playthrough is 3 hours so far. Haven't really discovered many new things. Only that the loli everyone was talking about isn't exactly a sexy loli, so that's the final nail in the coffin for me.

Sin_t_tulo.png

I tried to like it, but if in three hours of gameplay the game just isn't engaging in any way or form, I'm not even bothering. I gave Ocarina of Time 10 minutes, and that was "the best game ever made", so why the fuck should I give Torment even more time?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't seem to force myself to continue playing this game lol. Kinda like Tyranny.

Yeah seriously, WTF is with severe lack of VO? I feel they had more VO in the first alpha gameplay trailers than I managed to hear in the entire game. VO is so rare it literally defeats the purpose of being there, because instead of adding immersion, when someone speaks up you're like, holy shit what just happened.

I sure as fuck hope it's a bug.

Makes you wonder on what exactly they spent 5 million dollars (and that's only from crowd funding).

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
And for those, who own a digital copy of the game but want to have boxed one, look no further! Print this box art and put it on the shelf!
Easy! Simple! Without much EFFORT! Don't forget to cut some content it and fold into a box!!!

Fuckin' hell, I forgot to add one important detail to the box art design. Nevermind, fixed it. BEHOLD!!!
art2.jpg

EDIT: fixed image hosting fuckery

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom