Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo's new console: the Switch (formerly NX)

Deleted Member 16721

I did the same thing with my Shield tablet awhile back. You can watch the video on my YouTube channel if interested. Best handheld gaming device you can buy, IMO.

Since the switch looks kind of intriguing I decided to spend 20 bucks on a bluetooth gamepad to turn my Nexus 7 into a Retroarch "handheld". Works surprisingly well, and I've discovered some cool NES games I wasn't aware of like Kabuki Quantum Fighter and Vice: Project Doom. I think this will keep me busy for the next few years. So... thanks, Nintendo?
Yeah it's really amazing how viable tablets and smart phones are for games once you hook up a simple controller for them. Only problem if you want to play it on the go you need a really flat gamepad to fit in your pocket, like the NES30 Pro.

crakkie

Arcane
He likely owned one to play his own game (W101) before that.

Gonna have wait and see. The accessories make this thing pricey as hell, and I'm mostly interested in local coop.

That and a few drop tests to see how durable this thing is. The gamepad took quite a beating before the kids finally managed to break the sceen.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not the sure why Nintendo trailers always have to try to win the Cannes Film Festival Award for most indie/edgy herp-di-derp.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'm liking the look of it. Of course no one in their right mind would game primarily on it like some console fanboys act. I won't buy it until they work the kinks out, but my Wii U is getting dusted off to play BotW. I've also been using the tablet on that with some art programs. That damn thing is good for that believe it or not.

---

Arcane
Lol :lol:

Switch cartridges won’t make a very tasty snack, so please don’t shove one in your mouth
switch_cart-600x255.jpg

Luckily, you won’t need firsthand knowledge of how Godawful they taste, because The Verge popped a Switch cartridge in their mouth for you. So did Gamesblog France, and Jeff Gerstmann.

According to The Verge, the cartridges “taste like insecticide,” and are “literally the worst thing.”

It was confirmed to IGN the horrid taste is to deter a child from swallowing one, once the cartridge makes it past the lips.

Since young ones tend to put things in their mouth, the yucky taste should make them spit it out quickly instead of allowing it to continue down the hatch.

Unless, of course, the child has no sense of taste or likes gross things.

Regardless, it’s always best to keep small things away from your toddlers. And large clumps of dog hair, too. Trust me. My nephew learned the hard way and got a bit of it stuck to the roof of his mouth. Then he proceeded to cry and have a fit on the floor when I tried to get it out of his mouth. It took two of us, but we finally got it.

---

Arcane
Lol, Sony just announced that tomorrow the price of PS4 will drop to 199 euros :lol:

"Tomorrow is a special day for the gaming world" :lol:

grudgebringer

Lol, Sony just announced that tomorrow the price of PS4 will drop to 199 euros :lol:

"Tomorrow is a special day for the gaming world" :lol:

And who cares? Everyone who wanted one already has it by now or has a PC.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Lol :lol:

Switch cartridges won’t make a very tasty snack, so please don’t shove one in your mouth
switch_cart-600x255.jpg

Luckily, you won’t need firsthand knowledge of how Godawful they taste, because The Verge popped a Switch cartridge in their mouth for you. So did Gamesblog France, and Jeff Gerstmann.

According to The Verge, the cartridges “taste like insecticide,” and are “literally the worst thing.”

It was confirmed to IGN the horrid taste is to deter a child from swallowing one, once the cartridge makes it past the lips.

Since young ones tend to put things in their mouth, the yucky taste should make them spit it out quickly instead of allowing it to continue down the hatch.

Unless, of course, the child has no sense of taste or likes gross things.

Regardless, it’s always best to keep small things away from your toddlers. And large clumps of dog hair, too. Trust me. My nephew learned the hard way and got a bit of it stuck to the roof of his mouth. Then he proceeded to cry and have a fit on the floor when I tried to get it out of his mouth. It took two of us, but we finally got it.
That's actually pretty clever.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
They've mastered making the cartridge taste bad when you put it in your mouth, maybe someday they'll master entertaining the customer when you put it in the console.

---

Arcane
The shops here in Italy are completely empty :lol:
I remeber the brawls when PS4 and X1 were released :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom