Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sizzle

Arcane
I feel like they'll do 4.75 SG whether they get the money or not. The game would suffer if there won't be sea monsters, the first artwork they released has the ship surrounded by a sea monster(s) but they seemed really reluctant to do additional "full" companion which is why they put her at the end, she'll prolly stay as a sidekick.

There will definitely be sea monsters with or without the 4.75mil - that stretchgoal is about expanding the sea monster beastiary.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They'll make $5M with post-campaign pre-orders easily. Question is if that comes in time to add the companion.

The real question is if they really want to, tbh.

Quillon

Arcane
I feel like they'll do 4.75 SG whether they get the money or not. The game would suffer if there won't be sea monsters, the first artwork they released has the ship surrounded by a sea monster(s) but they seemed really reluctant to do additional "full" companion which is why they put her at the end, she'll prolly stay as a sidekick.

There will definitely be sea monsters with or without the 4.75mil - that stretchgoal is about expanding the sea monster beastiary.

Well, the game would still suffer if there won't be enough of them.

I personally guarantee that they'll do 4.75 SG :D

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
According to Feargus in that last interview from gamebabshee they pulled in something like $1.5 mil via PayPal after the PoE1 campaign. I think it's safe to say we're getting an anime waifu companion, whether we want it or not.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
According to Feargus in that last interview from gamebabshee they pulled in something like $1.5 mil via PayPal after the PoE1 campaign. I think it's safe to say we're getting an anime waifu companion, whether we want it or not.
That is if they decide to count PayPal money received after the end of the campaign towards the amount collected during the campaign. I don't see much sense in them doing that, and I don't think it was done during PoE's kickstarter. Like I said, why commit yourself to doing more work when you can use the budget on the work you have already committed yourself to doing.

Prime Junta

That is if they decide to count PayPal money received after the end of the campaign towards the amount collected during the campaign. I don't see much sense in them doing that, and I don't think it was done during PoE's kickstarter. Like I said, why commit yourself to doing more work when you can use the budget on the work you have already committed yourself to doing.

Didn't they already say they will be continuing to count the pledges towards the stretchgoals? Of course they'll be bound to stop at some point, but I don't think they did so yet. For one thing, they only got PayPal going at the very end and lots of people were complaining about not being let in.

Deleted member 7219

i kinda wished this kickstarter would barely reach %100 so obsidian would get that much needed wake up call after their work with PoE

What self-defeating horseshit. What wake up call would that be? That there's no point making isometric PC RPGs any more? That they should go back to making console games? That is the only "wake up call" such a thing would send.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If nothing else, this campaign proved that people are still interested in playing these types of games (I thought the hype and nostalgia around BG would be over after PoE1), so lesser known studios can at least try to make masterpieces without feeling like it's a waste of time.

Jezal_k23

Yeah, actually quite glad an isometric RPG can still make so much money in a crowdfunding campaign, proving that the genre still has its place.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Didn't they already say they will be continuing to count the pledges towards the stretchgoals? Of course they'll be bound to stop at some point, but I don't think they did so yet. For one thing, they only got PayPal going at the very end and lots of people were complaining about not being let in.

Yes, they did say that. Presumably, there will be some cutoff day, but for now, post-campaign paypal pledges (which is going to be the vast majority of paypal pledges, considering how late they enabled them) are counting toward stretch goals.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
i kinda wished this kickstarter would barely reach %100 so obsidian would get that much needed wake up call after their work with PoE
Part of me want to agree, but all that would do is send a completely different signal, and that's not to try to make something like this. I can haul shit and bile all day, I can bitch about all the shortcomings of PoE or Wasteland 2 or whatever the fuck we're talking about, and I can take steaming dumps on Sawyer for being a SJW cuck that is obstinate and pig-headed even when faced with exhaustive arguments regarding the shittyness of X or Y, but at the end of that day, I'm still tremendously happy that PoE2 is getting funded, because while I know with utmost certainty that it's not going to be anywhere near what it really should be, it actually sends the signal that this type of games are still in demand.

I just wish that they were brave enough to actually take that trust and run with it all the way to grognardville.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hmm, then the threat of Ydwen a full companion still lingers, I suppose.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I want evil characters:

latest
96CD09F1F6793F0BA42505EEDACBA76AAF032152
2923B949E226837220014820E5E0240EE06D5D71
205ECAB4672CBCC3B09D5865C0C43883D712C0D3

That evil homo orc was weird though.

cannondwarf

Scholar
If we're getting evil characters I sure fucking hope its not chaotic stupid. Personally I hope for some neutral evil and true neutral, at least that makes sense.

jungl

Augur
There were evil characters in Pillars of eternity? Thing is none of them had any flare or larger then life personality like Sarevok or Korgan who are similiar to WWE superstars.

jaydee2k

Savant
This game can deliver. Everything needed for a new BG2 is there. Please Sawyer don't play with my dreams.

cannondwarf

Scholar
I'm replaying PoE to set up a save for Deadfire, and just finished the Eothasian temple and got to the part with the burning candles. It'd be funny if they included some consequences for snuffing out a candle in Deadfire.

Sizzle

Arcane
I'm replaying PoE to set up a save for Deadfire, and just finished the Eothasian temple and got to the part with the burning candles. It'd be funny if they included some consequences for snuffing out a candle in Deadfire.

The Watcher: "Eothas, why? Why have you destroyed my keep and stolen my XP soul?"

Eothas: "That's what you get for snuffing out my candle, bitch."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom