Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] How do you feel about buttons?

How do you feel about buttons?

• Bring them back, they added a much needed something something etc...

Votes: 184 44.9%
  • I liked them, but am concerned about Forum performance issues - can this be resolved?

Votes: 43 10.5%
  • Keep them away please.

Votes: 140 34.1%
  • Comrade of Kings

Votes: 43 10.5%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
This is what the Codex has become:
You're like one of those people that want to actively sneak into people's bedrooms and check if god forbid they're doing it in the ass.

If you had those idiotic buttons, instead of posting this insult, you would just rate "shit" or "retarded". That's progress.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

It's not be about me, you idiot. It's about the experience of posting in this place. Look what this system is making to people. Everyone is doing this.
So? It means only the people with something to actually say will do something other than rate you butthurt.

And it gives people who actually agree with you but wouldn't otherwise take the time to give feedback a quick way to do so.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Is it really hard to post a fuckiing gif or jpg? Is that how lazy we have become? Low effort shit posting at it's finest.
Hang urself

15663.jpg

How's that for effort?

.jpg on the house.

Thanks for proving my point. You are too much of a faggot to even use a complete word. Urself shows your quality posting.

Parabalus

Arcane
Then post small ones. I mean you can literally use the same fucking ones.

So your solution to small, unobtrusive emoticons at the end of posts is to make separate posts whose sole content are small obtrusive emoticons? My, I sure am missing a particular button now.

tormund

Arcane
is not at all compatible with your activity in this thread.
I like my environment friendly for my needs. It's got nothing to do with the content and whether I care about this or that thread in this or that subforum.

Except buttons made this community more clannish, pety and hivemind-like, not more friendly. I can understand the sense of making it less "serious", or at least appearing less serious, but that doesn't exclude any of what I mentioned in previous sentence.
I can also understand the benefits of making it look less serious, like a deliberate shitposting hive, in relation to the sort of attitudes expressed here, attitudes that are not at all compatible with gaming, nerd culture concensus.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Then post small ones. I mean you can literally use the same fucking ones.

So your solution to small, unobtrusive emoticons at the end of posts is to make separate posts whose sole content are small obtrusive emoticons? My, I sure am missing a particular button now.

My solution is if your precious buttons are so useful then post them another way. Most will stop but faggots will continue to use them.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I can't believe smilies aren't enough for you fucking idiots. I would post a picard facepalm or something but it's implied. Wow the above is the kind of shit the buttons attracted.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
is not at all compatible with your activity in this thread.
I like my environment friendly for my needs. It's got nothing to do with the content and whether I care about this or that thread in this or that subforum.

Except buttons made this community more clannish, pety and hivemind-like, not more friendly. I can understand the sense of making it less "serious", or at least appearing less serious, but that doesn't exclude any of what I mentioned in previous sentence.
I can also understand the benefits of making it look less serious, like a deliberate shitposting hive, in relation to the sort of attitudes expressed here, attitudes that are not at all compatible with gaming, nerd culture concensus.
poo.gif

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
This is what the Codex has become:
You're like one of those people that want to actively sneak into people's bedrooms and check if god forbid they're doing it in the ass.

If you had those idiotic buttons, instead of posting this insult, you would just rate "shit" or "retarded". That's progress.
You're experiencing PTSD from that guy who rated all your posts shit, thinking everyone is out to get you. I wanted to rate one of your posts "funny" when you started coloring outside the lines of the Overton window with your delusions by calling yourself a "controversial figure", but that was it.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I can't believe smilies aren't enough for you fucking idiots. I would post a picard facepalm or something but it's implied.

Is it really hard to post a fuckiing gif or jpg? Is that how lazy we have become? Low effort shit posting at it's finest.

I'd insert a facepam too, Mr Low Effort Shitposter yourself. But I'm lazy. That must be it.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
This system is perverse. It allows people the immediate gratification to shitpost with one click, and it encourages mutual shit slinging button rating. Besides, the ratings themselves are distractions. Why is the point of having buttons? How exactly will improve my experience knowing that someone is using a button to make a joke about aliens? It’s sheer stupidity that get in the way of discussion, pure and simple. I already said my piece. Since people who disagree with me have no meaningful arguments to address these points besides “I’m an idiot who likes buttons because repetitive jokes are more important than content”, I will drop this discussion.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
And I think having button is better than overcrowding the forum with shitpost, meme, and post containing one liner such as "yer a faggit" "yer retarded" "edgy newfag"

You see Lurker King you think those insults are better while I think they are a waste of time, space, and effort in general.

Except buttons brofist made this community more clannish, pety and hivemind-like, not more friendly. I can understand the sense of making it less "serious", or at least appearing less serious, but that doesn't exclude any of what I mentioned in previous sentence.

FTFY. Brofist was hivemind and shitpost personified. And if you think petty, the only thing people are getting are negative reinforcement instead of a positive one. Let's look on example case:

A) Brofist:
X: post something, people who like it brofist the post
Y: actual argument, people who like it brofist the post
Z,A,B,C,D,E: random one liner, shitposts, etc, people who like them brofist the posts

B) Button:

X: post something, people who like it brofist/agree/etc the post, those who don't disagree/shit/retarded the post
Y: actual argument, people who like it brofist/agree/etc the post, those who don't disagree/shit/retarded the post

The only difference is, instead of just brofisting people who make the argument that represent their view, button allows people who don't agree with something to also express their disagreement through a button instead of shit posting, or posting with one liner/shitty gif/smilies.

Last edited:

tormund

Arcane
Then remove the fucking brofist too and let posts speak for themselves.

Other alternative is replacing underhand social engineering with more damaging underhand social engineering.

And I think having button is better than overcrowding the forum with shitpost, meme, and post containing one liner such as "yer a faggit" "yer retarded" "edgy newfag"
I neither remember overflow of such comments before buttons, they were present in equal measure with them or without them, nor do I see increase in them now other than posts made by you guys in an attempt to make your point.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
So add a fucking downfist then faggots. Will that appease your wanting to show what you think but not form words issue?

Parabalus

Arcane
This system is perverse. It allows people the immediate gratification to shitpost with one click, and it encourages mutual shit slinging button rating. Besides, the ratings themselves are distractions. Why is the point of having buttons? How exactly will improve my experience knowing that someone is using a button to make a joke about aliens? It’s sheer stupidity that get in the way of discussion, pure and simple. I already said my piece. Since people who disagree with me have no meaningful arguments to address these points besides “I’m an idiot who likes buttons because repetitive jokes are more important than content”, I will drop this discussion.

What discussions? The majority of the Codex engages and enjoys shit slinging, it's why the website is so popular.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom