Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #51: New Weapon Types

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Spear looks like a very impractical weapon for Underrail narrow corridors, not to mention that I don't see how it could rival any gun/rifle because the distance at which it can be used isn't that big. Then again in Underrail the strongest opponent uses only his legs to fight and there are psychic powers here so...

Jeez man, a heap of good news and all you have to say is some negative stuff about the balance of things we don't know anything about yet? To take an example from ITS (I reckon you like their games), the spear is the most OP weapon in Dungeon Rats' narrow corridors.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Spear looks like a very impractical weapon for Underrail narrow corridors, not to mention that I don't see how it could rival any gun/rifle because the distance at which it can be used isn't that big. Then again in Underrail the strongest opponent uses only his legs to fight and there are psychic powers here so...

Yeah adding more powerful weapons is useless without challenging encounters

screeg

Arcane
Developer
By the way Styg , do you think you can find some extra-funding for some cooler death animations?
We might look into some special death animations in the future. We would very much like to add something alike special death animations of Fallout, but there are both technical and time-cost obstacles to this. We'll see.
How did you generate the sprites/animations you've got now? Are they based on 3D models?

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
By the way Styg , do you think you can find some extra-funding for some cooler death animations?
We might look into some special death animations in the future. We would very much like to add something alike special death animations of Fallout, but there are both technical and time-cost obstacles to this. We'll see.
How did you generate the sprites/animations you've got now? Are they based on 3D models?
Yes.

Yes.

Hey any chance that you could share some of those renders? I know they might not live up to the imagination on higher resolution but still, I would love to see some of those sprites bigger and in more detail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom