Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
has anyone tried a 1hand duelist build?
im thinking to build one from a raider/swordmaster,keeping him on reserve until the two lines start bashing each other and then letting him loose behind the enemy line to kill archers,shamans etc.a dog also would be nice for him to have.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
im thinking to build one from a raider/swordmaster,keeping him on reserve until the two lines start bashing each other and then letting him loose behind the enemy line to kill archers,shamans etc.a dog also would be nice for him to have.

It used to work very well some time ago. You'll need a bro with high melee resistance and few stars in it. Haven't tried it on the current build tho' so I'm not sure if it's still viable.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
the only problem with this game is that it's really sexist

I mean, no female character at all, seriously ?? ugh

Agree 100%. Sex change mechanics now!

I hope the game sells so well that they can make a sequel with more complex mechanics on top of everything we already have.

Fixed. Please let that be a stronghold!

little-girl-with-crossed-fingers.jpg

Ultimately, the reviews made me buy this game. I came expecting something similar to Darkest Dungeon without the beautiful art and voice acting.

:what:

Last edited:

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
They're not bad, although their damage output really pales in comparison to a dedicated two-hander even with the free hand and duelist perk bonuses. They're nice to have as dedicated flanking archer killers if you're having trouble with those (running down squirrely goblin ambushers is when I'm happiest to have some)--basically their edge is versus any enemy where you need to cover lots of distance frequently. You'd expect them to be better than two handers versus heavily armoured targets, but in practice the duelist perk just seems to be enough to keep them competitive, even if I have them running with warhammers.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I hope the game sells so well that they can make a sequel with more complex mechanics on top of everything we already have.

little-girl-with-crossed-fingers.jpg

Ultimately, the reviews made me buy this game. I came expecting something similar to Darkest Dungeon without the beautiful art and voice acting.

:what:

This is from the game's FAQ:

WILL YOU BE ABLE TO OWN A BASE?
No, as this would run counter to the concept of a roaming mercenary company.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Alex Sanagustin14 hours ago
I personally think that lowering the mercenaries's morale for a few days or even weeks when they receive permanent injuries would add a more realistic and invigorating experience to the game; it would make the mercenaries seem more human. You could even add a feature where they get depressed and you have to take them to a monastery to cure them; or something along those lines.

That's in. The tavern is much more utilized now to get your bros back on track after tough losses or lost noses.

qKZPwkt.jpg

Shin

Cipher

This is from the game's FAQ:

WILL YOU BE ABLE TO OWN A BASE?
No, as this would run counter to the concept of a roaming mercenary company.

I'd love me a sequel/spin-off with base/castle management functionality though...

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Pirate-spinoff with boarding, managing a ship, whole crew and other stuff would be amazing as well.

Man, this engine and game as whole got so much potential. And I'm not talking only about modding, but also creating whole new worlds.

EnthalpyFlow - sexy!

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't remember seeing an enemy wearing unique armor. Weapons and helmets yes, but never armor.

Could be wrong though.

I will keep an eye peeled, then. I was thinking specifically of the wolf armour bandits wear in certain battles, which I covet but isn't technically unique, you're right.
This just happened clearing a bandit camp, two skull job from a fairly small village. The bandit leader wore it.
0CC33800DE53A46E0E1290E5365BD72E9A20A968

Nice peasant garb. Wake me up when you find a real suit of armour.

realarmour.jpg

so when this latest beta build is released does that mean Battle Bro's is feature complete for release?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom