Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Finished it (what's out now anyway). Liked it quite a lot. Pretentious indie hipster nongame, but a very good one. I was intrigued, at times suprised and delighted, and only extremely rarely bored. Might even give it another spin to see what I missed. Hope they'll eventually manage to get around to Act V.

Edit: "it" meaning Kentucky Route Zero

Yeah, I left off a quarter or so into the latest episode. I'll wait 'til the whole thing's out to binge it from the start. Glad you liked it!

Is there any gameplay video? All the teasers so far I have seen just show off the art and music

Naw, not yet - so far we've only put out the two mood-setters and a few screenshots.
NTWTF mentioned by Josh Sawyer: https://www.twitch.tv/obsidian/v/112158558?t=27m50s

He saw your Heart of Winter retrospective.

Good stuff! He also replied to the post on our blog and pointed out a few developer names Marat Sar had missed in his article. Note how he says "Furies" and not "Furries".
This title is the biggie for the year for me, without a doubt. I'd love to see it kick Torment's ass in sales, as well as well as in reviews.

Cheers, man! Those are in my personal new years resolutions, too:

1) draw better
2) kick Torment's ass in sales
3) kick Torment's ass in reviews
4) get fit for bikini season

Haha. I'm actually waiting for Torment to get released. There was a nasty combat bug that thankfully didn't let me spoil the whole thing for myself before the game's done.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good stuff! He also replied to the post on our blog and pointed out a few developer names Marat Sar had missed in his article. Note how he says "Furies" and not "Furries".

Link: http://devblog.fortressoccident.com...-dale-review-heart-winter/#comment-3055954963

Josh Sawyer said:
Hi! I came here after watching your (very cool) teaser for No Truce with the Furies. I was really surprised to see a review for HoW after all of these years and quite happy to see that you enjoyed it. I was one of the designers on both IWD and HoW and I did want to clarify something: the majority of writing on the expansion was done by Steve Bokkes. Steve was also one of the designers on IWD and TotLM.

I, Chris Avellone, and John Deiley also contributed to HoW, but Steve wrote the Lonelywood characters and all of the main plot characters. I think he did a great job with the writing and just wanted to make sure he was properly credited.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with NTwtF. Thanks for reading!

ArchAngel

Arcane
I would says 3) is more likely than 2). Power of marketing (and expectations) usually wins over quality.

Prime Junta

Eine Schande für die Uniform, NTWTF bei GameStar auf Deutsch

It's a pretty interesting article. My German is only slightly better than Josh Sawyer's so I'm not gonna embarrass myself by attempting a translation, but perhaps one of the Krauts here would oblige...?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i think i see some artworks that i never see in this topic and their blog, or at the very least the ones that i missed.

gotta say Kasparov is one hell of artist (iirc you are lead artist right?) or whoever the artist in ZAUM are

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
i think i see some artworks that i never see in this topic and their blog, or at the very least the ones that i missed.

gotta say Kasparov is one hell of artist (iirc you are lead artist right?) or whoever the artist in ZAUM are

Alexander Rostov is the Art Lead and 99% of promotional art is his, too.

Check out his art blog for his other projects and personal stuff:
http://rostovjanka.tumblr.com/

I mostly do concept art for environments and characters - like the church for example. There's a post about that one in our dev blog (as well as somewhere in this thread õ_õ)

EDIT: there ya go http://devblog.fortressoccident.com/2016/06/14/the-perikarnassian-church/

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Alexander Rostov is the Art Lead and 99% of promotional art is his, too.

Check out his art blog for his other projects and personal stuff:
http://rostovjanka.tumblr.com/

I mostly do concept art for environments and characters - like the church for example. There's a post about that one in our dev blog (as well as somewhere in this thread õ_õ)

EDIT: there ya go http://devblog.fortressoccident.com/2016/06/14/the-perikarnassian-church/
thanks. Mr. alexander s pretty talented, and i believe the whole team are. that reflects well the assets, art and design in the no truce are all top notch so far. from promo poster to the tidbits of the UI we were shown, they're all brimming with personality

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Eine Schande für die Uniform, NTWTF bei GameStar auf Deutsch

It's a pretty interesting article. My German is only slightly better than Josh Sawyer's so I'm not gonna embarrass myself by attempting a translation, but perhaps one of the Krauts here would oblige...?

I've spied a few original write-ups and discussions on some Russian sites as well. It is interesting to see what people consider interesting/unremarkable

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
This game is slowly getting me on the hype train. Somewhere I decided to not be on again after the so called Kickstarter revolution.

"No Truce with Furies" better deliver or I'll find out where you guys live...and send a strongly worded letter voicing my personal displeasure.:argh:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Definitely some interesting art in that GameStar article. I especially like some of these pencil sketches. I assume the computer-looking thing made out of rubik's cubes is the FELD?

bigimage.jpg

bigimage.jpg

bigimage.jpg

bigimage.jpg

bigimage.jpg

bigimage.jpg

bigimage.jpg

bigimage.jpg

The pencil sketch of the muder scene is especially well done.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
The FELD is something else.

All the pencil drawings here are done by Jüri Saks. He designed all the vehicles you'll see in No Truce (A bunch of the models are floating around the internet if you look hard enough)

He is bad-ass, but he's taking time off from working on the game right now.

Prime Junta

SELFISHNESS: Surely that won't affect the delivery date?
EMPATHY: Is he OK?
GOOGLE: Was he really born in 1773?

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer

SELFISHNESS: Surely that won't affect the delivery date?
EMPATHY: Is he OK?
GOOGLE: Was he really born in 1773?

A) naw, I don't think so. There are tons of his concepts for various machinery and the like that are waiting for their time and place.

B) I believe so, yes.

C) That is true. Here at ZA/UM we use the best talent out there. If you're good at what you do, even time is not an issue

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
И даже по-русски. По-моему самый лучший артикул об этой игры.

http://gamer.livejournal.com/1520303.html

You guys could post these links in this thread too...

You´re right about that and I think I even did a post of collected articles etc in the past, but it has slipped my mind and hasn´t become a habit yet (that very article even came up in conversation like an hour ago, but that did´t tip me off yet õ_o)

EDIT. Have you guys noticed that No Truce With The Furies was mentioned in both PC GAMER and IGN lists of anticipated games in 2017 :cool:

And there was a writeup in one of Germany´s biggest gaming magazines GameStar:
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/no-tr...l/no_truce_with_the_furies,54518,3307284.html

Beowulf

Arcane
[...]

I´m confident that initially we were included by accident because their resident furry enthusiast simply misread the title as No Truce With The Furries

Everyone here did the same thing. At least once.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom