Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MAFIA III - Yo Coonass prepare ta learn 'bout family in N'awlins

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ye took my like 35 minutes to download.

Mazisky

Magister
Patch is out, trying the game, now it's over 60 fps in empty zones but as soon i drive through crowded places it drops to 40\30....i have a 1070. Basically it's better capped at 30 because at least you don't see changes or drops.

Still, the game is fun.

As expected then, the 30 fps lock is in place to hide the absolutely shoddy lack of optimization. A game this ugly struggling to maintain a decent framerate on a 1070 is just hilarious.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Patch is out, trying the game, now it's over 60 fps in empty zones but as soon i drive through crowded places it drops to 40\30....i have a 1070. Basically it's better capped at 30 because at least you don't see changes or drops.

Still, the game is fun.

Have a 1070 as well, but its on a laptop. Haven't had any trouble running no fps limit mode. Sure it isn't a problem on your end? Though I know fuck all about hardware and software, so w/e.

Astral Rag

Arcane
m3_1920.png

W5pkyK3.jpg

mafia32016-10-0818-15ivo8p.png

7DD132D0EB27BE89C5568BA5D6BE8648048B8704

mafia3_2016_10_06_22_scpi6.png

Some digging in the game's files. 10GB worth of movie files, 6GB of Audio files, Most of the textures do not exceed 512x512 pixels in resolution

Last edited:

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Lol, the patch unlocked framerate, but (1) VSYNC is still 30fps instead of 30/60 selection (unless it is adaptive and goes to 30 as soon as you cant reach 60) (2) they also cleaned up key rebind menu.. and in the process reset the bindings to new default :D
I'm glad someone at H13 saw reason though and entering/exiting vehicles has the same key as "use" now.

Mazisky

Magister

Still, the game is fun.

Have a 1070 as well, but its on a laptop. Haven't had any trouble running no fps limit mode. Sure it isn't a problem on your end? Though I know fuck all about hardware and software, so w/e.

Dunno man, but after spending 500 euros for a videocard and seeing better looking games (Gta, Witcher 3, even Xcom 2) run a lot smoother, i'm a bit upset against 2Gays

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Hope that D1P had been worthy guise.:lol:

Lol, here is my prediction about the GTA comparisons confirmed.

Maybe this is a feature they didn't have time to finish before release. What if the mirrors in Mafia 3 were to allow you access to Quantum Break, and other shitty 3rd person shooter console games.

Mazisky

Magister
I'm near the ending (i guess), the missions were all the same, enter in an area, kill all dudes. A lot like Watch Dogs if u ever played it. I never finished watch dogs cause bored, i'll finish this just for the story. kinda disappointed tho

Divinity: Original Sin
Lol, the patch unlocked framerate, but (1) VSYNC is still 30fps instead of 30/60 selection (unless it is adaptive and goes to 30 as soon as you cant reach 60) (2) they also cleaned up key rebind menu.. and in the process reset the bindings to new default :D
I'm glad someone at H13 saw reason though and entering/exiting vehicles has the same key as "use" now.

I hated it.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Nearing the end as well. I'll admit I can think of better stuff I could have d1p'd in place of this, but its fun enough that I don't regret it too much. That and the cost was nothing but petty change anyway.

Mazisky

Magister
Nearing the end as well. I'll admit I can think of better stuff I could have d1p'd in place of this, but its fun enough that I don't regret it too much. That and the cost was nothing but petty change anyway.

yeah, it's fun, but they wasted a chance imho. Anyway, i prefere this strong\grim mood to the comic one in Gta5, really involving. I'm afraid watch dogs 2 will go the comic\happy style too

anus_pounder

Arcane

yeah, it's fun, but they wasted a chance imho. Anyway, i prefere this strong\grim mood to the comic one in Gta5, really involving. I'm afraid watch dogs 2 will go the comic\happy style too

I dunno. When Ubisoft tries to go serious, we get the main plot of Far Cry 3. (or the 'present day' stuff in Assassin's Creed) I do have hope they'll do the open world thing better than Mafia III though.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm near the ending (i guess), the missions were all the same, enter in an area, kill all dudes. A lot like Watch Dogs if u ever played it. I never finished watch dogs cause bored, i'll finish this just for the story. kinda disappointed tho

Yeah, it started out rather good, but now it's starting to feel a bit like a grind just to get to the good story parts. Shame. It's a bit weird with games nowadays - creating this big beautiful world only to have it as a backdrop. Same as in Mafia 2, and all other similar games. Well at least in Mafia 3 you take over rackets and install your own guys but it ends there. Never seen any rival gangs attack them. Missed opportunity as always. But I got to say, so far I enjoy the story - it keeps me going.

Lol, the patch unlocked framerate, but (1) VSYNC is still 30fps instead of 30/60 selection.

Even makers of polished games have a tendency to forget including in game triple buffering for vsync, so I would expect nothing less of hacks that made this.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I never played Mafia 2, was it any good?
Mafia 01 had nice challenging shooting.
Mafia 02 has cover shooting where enemies can't really hurt you.
Mafia 01 had levels.
Mad 02 has linear chest high wall shooting galleries with cutscenes between.
Mafia 01 had a nice told story that made sense and you rooted for the protagonist, a man that become a mafia thug but he was very conscious of that and maybe not entirely confortable with it.
Mafia 02 you are a thug that go from racket to racket doing the shit what other people want, a little psychopath that do stuff because other people told you, that is it. The story goes nowhere.

Astral Rag

Arcane
There are no Playboy magazines in Mafia 1 though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom