Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Every time I see something new about this game, my first thought is: "I don't need any more Mass Effect." I wonder if there's a relevant segment of the market who feels the same way.
Does Fallout 3, 4 and bethesda permanently euphoric audience taught you something?

Rev

Arcane
Every time I see something new about this game, my first thought is: "I don't need any more Mass Effect." I wonder if there's a relevant segment of the market who feels the same way.
The thing is: there are not so many space operas in the market, so it's not like there are many other option if you like this kind of setting.
That's pretty much the only reason I'm following the game, although I'm full aware that BioWare will probably fuck it again and they haven't yet shown nothing to convince me otherwise.

Mark Richard

Arcane
The thing is: there are not so many space operas in the market, so it's not like there are many other option if you like this kind of setting.
That's pretty much the only reason I'm following the game, although I'm full aware that BioWare will probably fuck it again and they haven't yet shown nothing to convince me otherwise.
Plus such games can’t exactly be pumped out at a Call of Duty rate, so it’s much harder to suffer overexposure. By the time Andromeda releases, the series will have had a 5 year rest, which is also near enough the same amount of time between each major Elder Scrolls or GTA game. 4-5 years seems to be the sweet spot in terms of maximizing fan anticipation. Anyone claiming they’re bored of Mass Effect is unlikely to be joined by the general public.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Well, how many modern RPG franchises got four instalments in a decade? I'm not saying that the general market will have a problem with it, but it's a relatively rare occurrence.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I know the trailer was mostly just about the 4k-ness of the ps4 pro, but holy crap it looked poor. Who the hell walks like that? I'd rage about the fact that every time non-Shep sped up from a walk to a sort of zombie shuffle sprint, he lowered his head and twitched his weird potato shoulders in the exact same way.... but then I'd worry I wasn't giving the rest of that crap equal and fair distaste.

As far as the whole DA2 sibling redux thing goes, I wonder if they'll actually be able to make anyone care about them this time. It's almost guaranteed that whichever one you don't take as the protagonist will be kidnapped/lost/killed/something to serve as the primary motivation fot the character's random world scanning bullshit.

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
I know the trailer was mostly just about the 4k-ness of the ps4 pro, but holy crap it looked poor. Who the hell walks like that? I'd rage about the fact that every time non-Shep sped up from a walk to a sort of zombie shuffle sprint, he lowered his head and twitched his weird potato shoulders in the exact same way.... but then I'd worry I wasn't giving the rest of that crap equal and fair distaste.

As far as the whole DA2 sibling redux thing goes, I wonder if they'll actually be able to make anyone care about them this time. It's almost guaranteed that whichever one you don't take as the protagonist will be kidnapped/lost/killed/something to serve as the primary motivation fot the character's random world scanning bullshit.
we know that Bio can't an animate well. Big Mac said that both brother & sis will exist at the same time, I think the other sibling will be a squadmate.

Frozen

Arcane
Plus such games can’t exactly be pumped out at a Call of Duty rate, .

I don't buy it.
Inquisition had 20% of content and 80% of filler and I doubt you couldn't copy paste it in a year.
It raises the question why it is taking them so long because footage already confirms that they are reusing everything except the environments (and even they have the same feel)
So this type of recycled games like AC could be shifted every year a new one, they are probably just lazy and full of cheap incompetent intern.

sullynathan

Arcane
Plus such games can’t exactly be pumped out at a Call of Duty rate, .

I don't buy it.
Inquisition had 20% of content and 80% of filler and I doubt you couldn't copy paste it in a year.
It raises the question why it is taking them so long because footage already confirms that they are reusing everything except the environments (and even they have the same feel)
So this type of recycled games like AC could be shifted every year a new one, they are probably just lazy and full of cheap incompetent intern.
They shifted to a new engine (Frostbite) and a new console gen, it also seems like they were having development problems along the way with all the people that quit. It makes sense that it would take this long, after all, a game like TW3 took about 4 years with delays and moving onto a new engine and platform.

Ubisoft has about 3 teams working on AC at a given time, just like Activision has on COD. They tend to have close to 1000 people working on their games, and use the same engine so it is a quicker process.

Frozen

Arcane
Wasn't inquisition already in Frostbite?
Same as this it looks like shit too cartoonish with reused assets.
Not to mention that even environments (the only saving grace of Inquisition) was not really open world, only far wider corridors (and this will probably be the same).
When you put it all with how little effort in everything is puled into a BioWare game since DA2 with reducing features i doubt its technical.
Its similar to Bethesda and "FO4" that looks like remastered version of FO3 and it took them even longer with the same fucking engine lmfao

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
jpg

The male character design is terrible. How they are showing this without shame?
Like the female is any better. She looks like pre-surgery Kardashian.

How to ensure that no man ever plays femryder ever
Women won't play it either, from my observations they spend 5x more time in the editor and their chars are always pretty from the common point of view, and not of the alternative one those Bioware faggots try to force on everyone.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
It reminds me of Dragon Age 2's focus on "family". Maybe they want to try that again?
Statements like this are the reason that we need a cringe button.

we know that Bio can't an animate well. Big Mac said that both brother & sis will exist at the same time, I think the other sibling will be a squadmate.
Possibly a romance option?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom