Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
After the disaster of DS2

Fucking idiots on my codex.
Thirty minutes in I was taking hits from invisible hitboxes from enemies visibly feet away from my character on screen. There is no defending something that breaks the gameplay like that at such a fundamental level.
Not to mention the nonsensical level design, tedious and boring enemy encounter/placement/animations, and dudeinarmor bosses everywhere.

Urbanolo

Augur
Thirty minutes in I was taking hits from invisible hitboxes from enemies visibly feet away from my character on screen. There is no defending something that breaks the gameplay like that at such a fundamental level.

Interesting, since I've finished the game several times and it has the tightest gameplay of all souls game. Maybe it was your time to get good (or level adaptability).

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

Interesting, since I've finished the game several times and it has the tightest gameplay of all souls game. Maybe it was your time to get good (or level adaptability).
You can find countless videos of "shockwaves" everywhere and adaptability affects iframes, not hitboxes. Dark Souls had far tighter gameplay.

bminorkey

ariandel means valley of the maiden of sunlight in tolkien elvish according to some reddit post i read

so gwynevere's tits dlc yea?

Urbanolo

Augur
Dark Souls had far tighter gameplay.

It's about as tight as your ass, which is not very. It was clunky in the past and it is even worse now, with rolling in only 4 directions and stiff as fuck animations (also godawful PvP). Also if you think Dark Souls didn't have problems with le hitboxes, I encourage you to fight taurus, gaping dragon, Ornstein and Smough sometimes hitting through pillars, blighttown mosquitoes or fucking ghosts in new londo to see if the hitboxes or 'shockwaves' were really da best in da series.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Dark Souls had far tighter gameplay.

It's about as tight as your ass, which is not very. It was clunky in the past and it is even worse now, with rolling in only 4 directions and stiff as fuck animations (also godawful PvP). Also if you think Dark Souls didn't have problems with le hitboxes, I encourage you to fight taurus, gaping dragon, Ornstein and Smough sometimes hitting through pillars, blighttown mosquitoes or fucking ghosts in new londo to see if the hitboxes or 'shockwaves' were really da best in da series.
Dark Souls didn't have hitbox problems as common as happening on common enemies everywhere throughout the game. If I tried to dodge as tightly as I did against Manus in DS2, I would be taking hits left and right.

Urbanolo

Augur
Dark Souls didn't have hitbox problems as common as happening on common enemies everywhere throughout the game. If I tried to dodge as tightly as I did against Manus in DS2, I would be taking hits left and right.

Apparently you weren't dodging well enough, I know that because I had similar problems on the first playthrough. But it's easier to say game sucks, than to learn to play. And DS1 had shitload more iframes that DS2 starting classes.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

Apparently you weren't dodging well enough, I know that because I had similar problems on the first playthrough. But it's easier to say game sucks, than to learn to play. And DS1 had shitload more iframes that DS2 starting classes.
Is it common to use memes like git gud in place of an argument here? Maybe I haven't lurked enough, because I was rolling rings around Manus.
Not to mention the nonsensical level design [of Dark Souls 2], tedious and boring [not necessarily more difficult] enemy encounter/placement/animations, and dudeinarmor bosses everywhere.

Urbanolo

Augur
Not to mention the nonsensical level design [of Dark Souls 2], tedious and boring [not necessarily more difficult] enemy encounter/placement/animations, and dudeinarmor bosses everywhere.

Holy shit it's like I'm on reddit. But it's nice to see same regurgitated complaints about the game since 2014, very well done. I'm not gonna bother replying to you anymore, but just consider this - tell me which Souls bosses were the best and I can guarantee you, 90% of them would be guys in armour/or armourless (false king allant). Good job kid.

You're a fucking idiot. DS2 is a tranwreck all the way until the DLCs and even they don't fix it.

Ivan

Arcane
this shit again?

Dark Souls 2 DLC is the pinnacle of the series. Sir Alonne will never be topped. The arena, the music, the style, jizz everywhere.

Perkel

Arcane
It was clunky in the past and it is even worse now, with rolling in only 4 directions and stiff as fuck animations

Le wut ?
You can roll in any of 360degree but that requires analog movement input which you clearly didn't have
Also stiff as fuck animations ?

Maybe we should talk instead about DS2 fucked up deadzones which are not fixed till this day on both pc and consoles ? You need to use fucking 3rd party app to have working controls...

this shit again?

Dark Souls 2 DLC is the pinnacle of the series. Sir Alonne will never be topped. The arena, the music, the style, jizz everywhere.

Another weeb with shit taste.

Fume Knight>Sihd>>>>>>Lost Sinner == Alonne

Muh duel muh arena muh feels. I bet if I made a boss that was a turd holding a big elegant katana in an anime arena with dramatic music every autist would rate it 10/10

Perkel

Arcane
scans from expansions, fuck why i am spoiling myself ?
Jlud1qV.jpg

tA8jqnn.jpg

3s0Xkpl.jpg

ntitW2p.jpg

ooqQuIT.jpg

yjOc9Cu.jpg

4ek3kvD.jpg

Ed7CBtz.jpg

F5lvWZo.jpg

iC3kol6.jpg

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
painted world + cainhurst

I ASKED FOR THIS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom