Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox Interactive RPG Survey

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
If they'll set this game in nWoD shit universe, I'm going to organise a swedish manhunt. Come on Paradox, give us the worthy sequel to this eternal gem of a game. I believe in you.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Last time I filled out a Paradox survey and they asked me what I would like to see of them next, I wrote I'd like some grand strategy in space and/or some kind of Master of Orion. A little later we got Stellaris.

What should I wish for this time? It is pretty clear that I've got the magic touch and what I ask of them becomes reality.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
Last time I filled out a Paradox survey and they asked me what I would like to see of them next, I wrote I'd like some grand strategy in space and/or some kind of Master of Orion. A little later we got Stellaris.

What should I wish for this time? It is pretty clear that I've got the magic touch and what I ask of them becomes reality.

Concentration camp sim.

Perkel

Arcane
Whole survey was focused on replayability which by CEO of Paradox is "key" to succesful paradox game.

Imo they are looking for something that will check those boxes:

- Open ended
- Moddable
- Non linear

So basically FNV open world + masquarade setting + companions which you can bang for fandom.

They also said that they want to make their first AAA game (20mln+ for them) and Obsidian is looking at those big deals.
Recent Boyarski move also means a lot to this math.

With this kind of game they will be able to deliver, story game which will be replayable and at the same time they will be able to add DLC aka expansions to it like new weapon packs and bunch of shit Paradox loves to add.

Gun Runners DLC wasn't bad for FNV.

In this survey we use the term "computer roleplaying game". This term can cover a lot of games and styles of roleplaying games. Our use of this term does not include MMORPGs or other multiplayer-only games, but does include games that are (for example) action oriented in addition to having roleplaying elements (for example the Deus Ex series)

It is not deep, but seems they understand difficulty with defining cRPGs at least on the basic level.

Questions on replayability are good.
Wrote this in a comment:
"Replayability means the game changes in non cosmetic ways based on my choices. Some choices open new patch, some close them. Do not be afraid to close path for the players. Good games can even close whole questlines and locations based on player choices. It enhances replayability and makes the world seems like a more real place, which reacts in logical ways to players actions. It's a great experience to feel that player choices matters. "
Wrote this on on BG2:
"Trying different builds and party compositions. BG II is a game whose strongest point is combat. People usually discus it's companions interaction, but it is only because it is easier to speak about characters than intricaties of combat design, but I think even people who speak mostly about companions enjoyed BG2 mostly for combat, just can't fin a good language to express it, therefore express what human express the easiest: human interactions"

Other comments:
" Making highly repayable game means being bold. It means being not afraid that most players will only see a part of the game. It means improving the game's depth rather the length. It means making much of the content mutually exclusive. If You want to see the newest and most successful implementation of this I recommend to play Age of Decadence. "

This survey is important. We should put it on the main page so more monocled gentleman and ladies can affect the results in a positive way. Infinitron

skyst

Augur
Took the survey. It made me realize that my two playthroughs of VtM:B were inadequate.

The survey kind of had me worried by the end that they may get the impression that having numerous 'classes' or character builds would be unimportant, so I left the following comment at the end:
"When considering the replayability and long-lasting appeal of a game, having a wealth of character/build options are of IMMENSE importance. Most people have a play style and typically stick to either the thief, wizard or fighter (me) archetype, but simply having the other classes (or alignments, bloodlines, whatever) available and daydreaming of future playthroughs utilizing those other options really makes a game magical. For instance, I'm pretty damn sure that I'll never do that BG2 monk playthrough but I'll also never uninstall it because of the possibility, and I'll definitely talk it up among peers, which keeps the game relevant still ~15 years or more after it's release."

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I told them to contact the RPG Codex as soon as they announce their Vampire game.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Best RPG out there is Crusader Kings 2 and they asking about RPGs? :)

Ah well, I filled and Dun'it.

Delterius

Arcane
That's what Dishonored is for. In mainstream circles it is considered to be the Looking Glass promise fully realized.
:x
And they likely added Baldur's Gate 2 for its SUPREME AND CLASSIC STORYTELLING instead of the choice embedded into the combat system...

at least they somewhat remember something akin to old Looking Glass?

SniperHF

Arcane
And they likely added Baldur's Gate 2 for its SUPREME AND CLASSIC STORYTELLING instead of the choice embedded into the combat system...

Well they did give you the option of picking that in the "why did you replay" section at least. The rest of the options were either kinda general like "experience the high points of the game again" or experience different optional companion content.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Does anyone replay games to "experience the high points" or "experience the writing" again? And not in the "hey I haven't read this book in a long time, maybe I'll reread it" way.
Yeah their questions were stupid, reminded me of that metaphor about 4 blind guys touching different parts of the elephant. That's exactly how they look with this survey.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Does anyone replay games to "experience the high points" or "experience the writing" again? And not in the "hey I haven't read this book in a long time, maybe I'll reread it" way.
I thought that was what they meant, sort of?
You don't replay VTMB to experience the sewers again.

Suiboon

Novice
I did my part. This will hopefully result in the possible game that they're possibly making not having many bugs.

Severian Silk

This will only end in tears.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom