Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I'm in need of an extension guys, I've got guests staying at my house for a couple of days and my work/play schedule went to fuck. Terribly sorry...
I may be able to sneak a quick turn in tonight but to be 100% sure I'll need a whole day, untill tomorrow 19 GMT.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Hey guys, sorry for the absence, internet was down here for a couple of days. Handy thing about this pbem thing, I was able to send my turn from a friend's computer.

Thanks for the backup, sqeecoo !

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The grand caravan marches ever onward, colossal Crushers interspersed with lowly men. Through the wastes, past the great city of Man, and into the deep dark of Valanis. What horrors await, few can say.

meh.ro12305.jpg

5vfkpyw.jpg

Some have seen demons flitting about in the shadows, darting between the stalactites. Others have seen more sinister beings.....or so they say....vampires.

giphy.gif

Still, hunger pushes a man to places he would otherwise not go, and these men are very hungry indeed.

What of the home front you ask, dear reader?

juego%20de%20thrones%20walkers%20ice%20demon-914_thumb.jpg

Come to me, my brothers. There is much work to be done in preparing our new icy realm of Bogarus for the end of days.
981313-bigthumbnail.jpg

ifHDaXu.jpg

Kamal.jpg

V7WPJ6P.jpg

The devils speak in unison now: "Play us another song mortals, this time from the shadow among you"

Uum8iHh.jpg

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Gah! I'm not long for this world. Poor ol' Zartanna. No wait, poor ol' idiots who trusted her in the first place.

Anyways, this is getting pretty awesome, as always. I've learned so much.... so... when... can I get... revenge another chance at redemption?

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Here on 'Dex, anytime you want. Just go on and host a new game, it's simple as that!

Well, I *might* do that. Just as bravely as you did when you started this one, noisenerd ! But I uh, don't know what we should play. I'd love some crazy NatGen action, but that is understandably not everyone's cup of tea. Perhaps a team game? No wait, there's Decline 12 already...

.... Hmmmm *ponders*. I'll think about it. In the meantime, carry on! This is approaching its climax.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Yes, sorry! My turn is actually ready, I hadn't submitted because I was waiting for a diplomatic answer, today I forgot and I just discovered yesterday's rain made a mess at my workplace, going there now...
Results: I won't be home for some time due to work (this was my free sunday :argh:), pls extend timer and keep fingers crossed for me.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Thx, noble Conductor. Nope, should be enough... Situation here is so dire it enters the "fuck this shit, I'm out" territory :( I'll be back soon-ish.

Now if only KoolNoodles could answer my PM question I'd be able to make some informed choices, before submitting.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
I thought you couldn't sub in the same game you were playing. I know it's not written anywhere, but it's one of those notions you find lying around and never bother questioning. Otherwise, I'd have volunteered to sub for Muty.

The idea of getting out of being steamrolled as Ulm just to get steamrolled as Lemuria is an intriguing one.

EDIT: Waitaminute perhaps it IS written somewhere!

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Postponed by 4 hours in the hopes of hearing from Muty ... do we need to extend the turn length? I noticed I wasn't the only one who squeaked in at the final hours. I'm still good with 48 hrs. as long as my connection cooperates, just making sure everyone else is good.

I would rather have Muty say so before we find a sub, but if he disappears I guess we'll go for it.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
do we need to extend the turn length?

48h is perfect for me. Maybe not so much for overgrown Atlantis - it takes a lot of micro to operate a nation of such scale.

I would rather have Muty say so before we find a sub, but if he disappears I guess we'll go for it.

Waiting for Muty is like believing water. Makes no sense.

He's still a bro

Dayyālu

Arcane
48h is perfect for me. Maybe not so much for overgrown Atlantis - it takes a lot of micro to operate a nation of such scale.

:lol:

Transcript of my thoughts while doing the turn

"I'll move those there. Like, there."
"Why the fuck this is here. Let's move it there."
"I like where this one is. Let's keep it where it is."
"Ohh, shiny."
"Why this mage is here. What I was thinking. I don't remember."
"Uhhhh. Gosh, another Archdevil. I swear, they grow like fungus. Ohh, another Fallen Angel. Ohh, another stack of Devils. *cries*"
"Dafuck is C'tis doing"
"ULM LIED TO ME, THE PRETENDER IS A FOUNTAIN OF BLOOD"

Plus I don't have to manage an humongous Blood Hunting operation and tons of summons/forging every turn

Makes my workload easier

And for today lesson about "Little Dominions Things" I'll share a small stupid thing I found: so, I got this site:

fxbvnh.jpg

Fairly generic, nay? Nay. Studying some random book that I need to read for reasons:

Comment on Shitao said:
....as the expression "wan wu" ("Ten Thousand Things"), a traditional Chinese way to refer to the totality of the beings that populate the world, of the aspects and the processes in reality....

If this was any other game, I won't think about such a thing. But it's Dominions, and insane refs are their job.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom